Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SUCKY AND THE YUCKY VS. THE DUCKY AND THE LUCKY  (Read 72447 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re:THE SUCKY AND THE YUCKY VS. THE DUCKY AND THE LUCKY
« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2008, 06:16:10 PM »

bk- all done :)

Jennifer

« Reply #241 on: February 04, 2008, 06:17:50 PM »

They just started airing (here) the first 2 shows of the HBO show EXTRAS.

I'm not sure if i like it or not. I find myself a lot more into it whenever Christina from UGLY BETTY is on.

Btw, next week they will be starting (here) DEXTER and DAMAGES.

Does anyone think I might like these?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 06:19:23 PM by Jennifer »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2008, 06:19:12 PM »

bk- all done :)

Cool beans - if you didn't include your address with the payment, send it to me separately.

Tomovoz

« Reply #243 on: February 04, 2008, 06:19:55 PM »

TOTD.  I have no interest in hearing directors or anyone talking about/over the films.  I have at times enjoyed the extras such as deleted scenes (Gosford Park), related documentaries included, and of course the "extras" on the pixar films.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2008, 06:20:56 PM »

I've got to go find some sort of box to ship LPs in now.  My mail place didn't have them.  Anyone have any ideas?  I think I used to use priority boxes, keeping them flat and just folding the ends in, but I worry about breakage.  I know I've received LP-sized things in some sort of pizza box-like packaging - maybe I'll drive over to Staples and see what they have.

Tomovoz

« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2008, 06:23:58 PM »

The above post was brought to you with the "help" of DR TCB.

Now back to listening to Barbara Cook singing about making her garden grow.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2008, 06:35:02 PM »

DR Jennifer - As for "Dexter", well... It's a about a "good" serial-killer, so...  If you get squeamish at the sight of blood, killing and mutilations, well, this is probably not the series for you.

As for "Damages", the first episode sets the tone for the series, so... I loved it.  Very gripping.  But also very straight forward, adult, and brutal when it needed to be.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2008, 06:35:53 PM »

Re the YouTube London Follies Who's That Woman

I don't know where this was filmed/taped, but that's not the set as I remember it at the Shaftesbury Theatre in London.  I do not remember ther being a set of stairs coming up to the stage, I do not remember that floor design, and I certainly do not remember the logo being lit as a backdrop during the show.

And yes, I was awake all through the show that night.  I'd had trouble staying awake all through Les Miz a couple of nights earlier, but that was immediately following our nonstop flight from Los Angeles International, during which I had slept very little, and dammit I was tired.  By the time der B and I saw Pacific Overtures and Follies back to back, I'd caught up with my sleep.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2008, 06:36:29 PM »

Darn.

;)

DR George, you know how I love to share :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #250 on: February 04, 2008, 06:39:20 PM »

TOD:

The "making of" episodes that go with both Doctor Who (aka Doctor Who Confidential) and Torchwood (aka Torchwood Declassified) are well done.  And the special DWC on the Doctor Who Concert filmed in Cardiff is a hoot.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2008, 06:40:11 PM »

DR George, you know how I love to share :)

That's what I love about HHW. :-*
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2008, 06:44:57 PM »

Re the YouTube London Follies Who's That Woman

I don't know where this was filmed/taped, but that's not the set as I remember it at the Shaftesbury Theatre in London.  I do not remember ther being a set of stairs coming up to the stage, I do not remember that floor design, and I certainly do not remember the logo being lit as a backdrop during the show.

And yes, I was awake all through the show that night.  I'd had trouble staying awake all through Les Miz a couple of nights earlier, but that was immediately following our nonstop flight from Los Angeles International, during which I had slept very little, and dammit I was tired.  By the time der B and I saw Pacific Overtures and Follies back to back, I'd caught up with my sleep.

You are correct, DR SWW.  I've seen that clip before - and in a better, cleaner copy.  If I'm remembering correctly, the vid is from either a tribute show for Cameron Mackintosh or an awards ceremony.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #253 on: February 04, 2008, 06:48:22 PM »

DR MattH, I was wondering if you were going to comment on AS THE WORLD TURNS (spoilers i guess if there is anyone here who watches).

I don't watch it. But there are a lot of posts about what happened today on the cbs.soaps board.  It sounds like a lot happened!  They kissed. There was a lot of talk about sex.

I'm still so curious what they will show (if anything) when the time comes.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 06:54:07 PM by Jennifer »

Ginny

« Reply #254 on: February 04, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »

How can my 3-day weekend be over already?  Ah, well, at least I'm only working 4 days this week - taking Saturday off for an AAUW luncheon at which the speaker is an immigration attorney from NE Ohio.  That means no information-waitressing day this week - hoo and ray.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #255 on: February 04, 2008, 06:49:57 PM »

ANYTHING GOES

JOHN BARROWMAN

Published by Michael O'Mara

John Barrowman's autobiography was never going to be a serious tome - 20 years in theatre have left him with an irrepressible luvvy gene that sings from every page.

Gossipy, fun and endlessly entertaining, buy this out of curiosity, buy it for the insight into the worlds of stage and television, but most of all, buy it for his absolutely hilarious stories of a Glasgow childhood with a granny you'll just adore.

Barrowman set out to create a book that was like "lounging in our pyjamas on the couch in my living room, sharing a pot of tea and having a laugh about my life so far." Does he achieve that?

John, honey, pass the biscuits.

From the Daily Record

Ginny

« Reply #256 on: February 04, 2008, 06:50:20 PM »

But 5:50am, when my alarm goes off, will come as quite a shock, so

Good Night, HHW!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2008, 06:51:56 PM »

Staples was no help, so I guess I'll try the priority box route - I used to send laserdiscs like that and never had a problem.  Basically, you take a normal sized priority box but don't make it look like a folded box - the lps fit right in and then you bend the ends over and seal.  They're pretty sturdy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2008, 06:52:21 PM »

...I'm still so curious what they will show (if anything) when the time comes.
Probably less than you saw in Brokeback Mountain.

Heck, probably less than you've seen in any other sex scene in American soaps.

And definately less than was shown in Kansas City Trucking Co.

:o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o

Jennifer

« Reply #259 on: February 04, 2008, 06:58:21 PM »

RE: DR SWW's comments.

I've actually never seen BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN.

It's sort of confusing to me. Cause 1) it is daytime.

but 2) the soaps are known for showing sex.

I really don't think they will show anything. Maybe just a kiss and an implication of what they are doing.

Jennifer

« Reply #260 on: February 04, 2008, 06:59:57 PM »

DR Jennifer - As for "Dexter", well... It's a about a "good" serial-killer, so...  If you get squeamish at the sight of blood, killing and mutilations, well, this is probably not the series for you.

As for "Damages", the first episode sets the tone for the series, so... I loved it.  Very gripping.  But also very straight forward, adult, and brutal when it needed to be.

Thanks for the reply.

I am not squeamish at blood. BUt i don't really like violence.

I don't really have any idea what DAMAGE is about.  They don't really say in the promos.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: February 04, 2008, 07:01:06 PM »

I've got to go find some sort of box to ship LPs in now.  My mail place didn't have them.  Anyone have any ideas?  I think I used to use priority boxes, keeping them flat and just folding the ends in, but I worry about breakage.  I know I've received LP-sized things in some sort of pizza box-like packaging - maybe I'll drive over to Staples and see what they have.

Bruce, U-Haul is a good source for boxes. There used to be a U-Haul store in Santa Monica, but that would be a bit far. Check their website. They tend to have a good selection of sizes and good prices--much, much better than (my) Staples.

Jennifer

« Reply #262 on: February 04, 2008, 07:02:31 PM »

I remember seeing EVITA here on stage (before the movie came out).  And i just loved it so much.

I think it helps if the actress playing Eva is great.

Jennifer

« Reply #263 on: February 04, 2008, 07:03:02 PM »

Btw, there was a lot of AMERICAN IDOL promotion during the Super Bowl.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:05:32 PM by Jennifer »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #264 on: February 04, 2008, 07:03:10 PM »

Bryan is 36,000 feet in the air & about 4 hours from home.  I'm sure he had a great time in NY & I bet he will be glad to get home-much needs to be done before he leaves again for his next interview.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #265 on: February 04, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »

'night

Jennifer

« Reply #266 on: February 04, 2008, 07:04:33 PM »

Oh and is anybody else excited about SURVIVOR starting this Thursday?

I wonder if all the at home fans will be cheering for the favorites over the fans. I'm curious about that part.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:06:45 PM by Jennifer »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #267 on: February 04, 2008, 07:08:48 PM »

They just started airing (here) the first 2 shows of the HBO show EXTRAS.

I'm not sure if i like it or not. I find myself a lot more into it whenever Christina from UGLY BETTY is on.

Btw, next week they will be starting (here) DEXTER and DAMAGES.

Does anyone think I might like these?

Jennifer, I super love Dexter. I don't have Showtime but I've downloaded all of season 1 off of itunes.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #268 on: February 04, 2008, 07:10:32 PM »

I remember seeing EVITA here on stage (before the movie came out).  And i just loved it so much.

I think it helps if the actress playing Eva is great.

That was what the problem was when I saw it!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2008, 07:12:13 PM »

Good evening. Well tonight I am soon off to see Evita.  I'm looking forward to it.  I'm just hoping it wil be a good production. Sometimes we get good quality and sometimes it's terrible.   I've always liked the music to Evita and the story of Eva Peron, so it will be a fun evening for me.

DUH!

The auditions I played today were for the current tour of Evita - which I'm guessing DR Cillaliz is currently seeing.

-Just remember, I was only the pianist at the auditions.  I had no say in who got cast or how the show directed.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up