Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOLLYWOOD COLLECTORS SHOW  (Read 102935 times)

td

• td
Re:THE HOLLYWOOD COLLECTORS SHOW
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2008, 09:28:20 AM »

I have shaved.
I have made a big pot of Chicken Noodle soup.  From scratch.
Sorry if this offends DR Chickens.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2008, 09:47:50 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Yep... I guess it is after noon here in NYC already.

Just stating the obvious.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2008, 09:50:13 AM »

Well... I believe I am going to get myself together and head down to MoMA to check out some of the new exhibits.  I need an Art - Visual Art - fix.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2008, 10:04:49 AM »

Just for the record, I haven't shaved (other than my neck) for probably 30 years.  I knew you were all wondering about that.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2008, 10:29:59 AM »

Evidently my hirsute status has frightened everyone away (almost a LOST HORIZON:  THE MUSICAL reference).

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2008, 10:30:46 AM »

So I will continue my monologue anyway.  :)

DEXTER is certainly not your standard television fare, eh?  How in heck are they going to edit this down for CBS broadcast?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2008, 10:41:27 AM »

I would like to see DEXTER, but I swore off HBO/Showtime when work got slow, and I don't have Netflix. Maybe I'll wait until I have a day when I'm under the weather and rent some episodes.

I really thought about reinstating HBO to see their Doris Duke movie. Susan Sarandon and Ralph Fiennes...I love them both.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2008, 10:43:16 AM »

I"m up, I've shaved (and trimmed), showered, I've spiffy'ed the kitchen, walked the dog, moved the yamaha piano to my car (no mean feat :P ), put some healthy yummy food in my portable food thing, packed some other clothes for Mass this afternoonand now I'm off to the office (studio) to do office (studio) things.   See ya there.  

Edisaurus

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2008, 10:43:28 AM »

DR Jose, hope you have a lovely day full of cultcha!

We cooked breakfast here and then I sat out on the back porch listening to                                          Puccini and sipping coffee and enjoying how the sounds of the birds mingle with the music. All of the cats kept me company. It was the first time I feel like I've relaxed in quite a while!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2008, 10:46:59 AM »

DR Jose, what kind of espresso maker do you use, and do you like it? we're in the market for one. When we lived in Marietta, we could get a 3 shot espresso latte for $2 at our local roasters because we were regulars and help them out when we're there and they need something.

Now that we've moved to Atlanta and Starbucks is our only nearby option, well, we could buy an espresso maker for less than we've already spent. I wish I had invested in Starbucks 10 years ago. It's amazing how something that didn't exist not too long ago has now become a necessity for so many people.

Kind of like the internet!

Edisaurus

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2008, 10:57:44 AM »

TOD:
Peter Falk: WINGS OF DESIRE, THE GREAT RACE, LUV, WILDER DAYS, PENELOPE
Ernest Borgnine: THE OSCAR, WILLARD, ICE STATION ZEBRA, THE DIRTY DOZEN
George Kennedy: CHARADE, MIRAGE, SHENANDOAH, BRASS TARGET,  "   "

JMK

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2008, 11:28:23 AM »

Edi:  they rerun DEXTER here on one of the "free" HD channels, like HDNET or something (can't recall).

LOL re:  The Oscar--perhaps the first time I've seen it on anyone's favorite list for anything.  Aside from mine, of course--it has a luscious Percy Faith score, including the incredible "Maybe September."

Matthew

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2008, 11:36:09 AM »

DR Jose, what kind of espresso maker do you use, and do you like it? we're in the market for one. When we lived in Marietta, we could get a 3 shot espresso latte for $2 at our local roasters because we were regulars and help them out when we're there and they need something.

Now that we've moved to Atlanta and Starbucks is our only nearby option, well, we could buy an espresso maker for less than we've already spent. I wish I had invested in Starbucks 10 years ago. It's amazing how something that didn't exist not too long ago has now become a necessity for so many people.

Kind of like the internet!

We use the Tassimo thing, and it works great.  It's just another option other than an espresso maker.

JMK

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2008, 11:45:45 AM »

Mowed most of our lawn (we have about 2/3 acre, mostly lawn, so it's a lot) today for the first time in months.  Our cordless electric lawnmower did suprisingly well on extremely wet grass.

Edisaurus

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2008, 11:45:56 AM »

Edi:  they rerun DEXTER here on one of the "free" HD channels, like HDNET or something (can't recall).

LOL re:  The Oscar--perhaps the first time I've seen it on anyone's favorite list for anything.  Aside from mine, of course--it has a luscious Percy Faith score, including the incredible "Maybe September."

Thanks, JMK! I'll have to chance and see if we have it!

THE OSCAR is one of those so bad it's good movies for me. I especially love the moment when Stephen Boyd thinks his name is going to be announced and stands up prematurely, and then awkwardly turns it into a standing ovation, stiffly clapping for the real winner. It makes me laugh every time!

Matthew

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2008, 11:47:24 AM »

I'm here I'm here - in the office (studio), picked up some mail which ended up being two smart media cards for my keyboard, as the one I was using had a glitch the other day and I lost 3 shows, which I know I should have backed up.  Anyhow, off to set the keyboard up and perhaps pick up the accordion for a spin.

singdaw

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2008, 11:49:12 AM »

DR Edisaurus - good to see you here.

Your morning sounds gloriously relaxing!

Off tonight to New Haven to see Yale Opera's production of Strauss's Die Fledermaus [The Bat] at ye olde Shubert Theatre.

No, DR RLP, not The Old Bat.  Just The Bat.  :)

singdaw

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2008, 11:50:14 AM »

I know several current students who have roles.  Should be fun.

JMK

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2008, 11:52:22 AM »

Thanks, JMK! I'll have to chance and see if we have it!

THE OSCAR is one of those so bad it's good movies for me. I especially love the moment when Stephen Boyd thinks his name is going to be announced and stands up prematurely, and then awkwardly turns it into a standing ovation, stiffly clapping for the real winner. It makes me laugh every time!

And the winner is FRANK (pause long enough for Paul Harvey to drive a truck through it) SINATRA!

LOL--my fave moment, too.

JMK

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »

You probably know this already, but the "real" Oscars used Faith's fanfare music from the score for their opening music for several years.

singdaw

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2008, 11:59:32 AM »

my hirsute status

Shall we call you BABA THE TURK from now on?   ;)

JMK

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2008, 12:01:10 PM »

Shall we call you BABA THE TURK from now on?   ;)

Well, lots of people have begged me to hide my face behind a veil, so maybe so.  ;)

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »

When I see the word Virago, I think of the Cole Porter lyric "and Fedora(?)the wild virago/ I'm lucky I missed her/gangster sister/from Chicago." I like GK in CHARADE, but that's cause I like everyone in and everything about CHARADE; Falk=The IN-LAWS, and Borgnine is of course, THE WILD BUNCH, one of my all time faves.Car CD is Laura Nyro's last CD, which I just bought(Unusual for her, there's a Gershwin song and a Rodgers and Hart song, tho she sings it as "You were too Good to Me") For DVD, my Secret Santa returned to work after 2 months out with a broken knee, so in addition to Laura Nyro, I bought the DVD of the series DANCE TO THE MUSIC OF TIME: I loved the books, but for some reason this Brit mini-series was never picked up by PBS or A&E that I could discover; My favorite title of the various volumes? BOOKS DO FURNISH A  ROOM, which is definitely true of my apt.

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »

I am up in my room eating my leftover meatloaf from last night...darn tasty!

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2008, 12:58:04 PM »

Got my photos, plus a few more, at Eddie Brandt's and was talking with Tony, one of the clerks who I see everytime I visit the shop.  I never realized until today that he used to be an actor...he played on THE WONDER YEARS as Tony Barbella, the punk kid who was always beating up Fred Savage. He also was a semi-regular on SILK STALKINGS as Dominic DeBarto.

While I was at the shop I found a photo of him from the short lived 1987 TV series he was on titled EVERYTHINGS RELATIVE which also starred Jason Alexander and Anne Jackson and he autographed it for me. What fun!

MBarnum

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2008, 01:02:25 PM »

Said howdy to BK, DR Adriana, and Bert I. Gordon then wondered over and chatted with Frank Stallone. We discussed Billy May, Matt Munro, Dick Haymes, and Frankie Laine all of whom were big inspirations for him and the reason he decided to do his wonderful CDs of old standards...and he does them far better justice then the other current crooners, I am telling you! He honestly is my favorite of today's American singers, along with perhaps Tom Wopat and that Guy Haines person.

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2008, 01:06:58 PM »

I waved at Roberta Shore and then headed off in search of Mildred Kornman. It turns out she became ill Friday after she arrived in town and is now in the hospital...she could use any vibes you can muster, poor thing.

Here is a shot of her during her modeling days!

Tomovoz

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2008, 01:21:04 PM »

"Virago" was the name (is the name?) of the University of Melbourne's Student newspaper. I would think Germaine Greer and Barry Humphries may have contributed at some stage.

Germaine Greer would have to be one of the most unhappy and bitter people on the planet. A truly ugly soul!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2008, 01:24:27 PM »

Did Roberta Shore have any shaggy dog stories I wonder.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2008, 01:54:35 PM »

I am up in my room eating my leftover meatloaf from last night...darn tasty!

I hope you have a refridgerator in your room!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up