Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOLLYWOOD COLLECTORS SHOW  (Read 102939 times)

Michael

Re:THE HOLLYWOOD COLLECTORS SHOW
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2008, 07:06:56 PM »

Loooooooooooooooooong Day

up at 4:00am to take my mother to the airport for 5:30. The home for a refresher nap. Then up two hours later and over to my friend's home who is moving to tennesse, Helped him pack the truck etc. Got home at 9:40.  Very tired.
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2008, 07:07:04 PM »

'night

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2008, 07:07:30 PM »

Sleep well Michael S.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »

No, Jane, I haven't seen any episodes of DEXTER, but it sounds like an interesting show!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2008, 07:31:52 PM »

I'm also enjoying the stories and photos from the Ray Courts show!

Of any of the people mentioned, I would love to have met Jonathan Winters the most...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2008, 07:32:51 PM »

I think perhaps my itunes problem is that I need to upgrade to the newest player, but I can't because I would have to upgrade my OS, but if I do then I can't use my editing system. Damn you, itunes...mac...avid...

Edisaurus

« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2008, 07:35:48 PM »

Love the pix from the Steinway shop, DR Jose!

FJL

« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2008, 08:01:33 PM »

Back from DEAD MAN'S CELL PHONE.  Interesting and odd to see two completely, and I mean completely, different productions of the same new play in the space of eight months.

DEAD MAN'S CELL PHONE SPOILERS

In D.C. at Woolly Mammoth, the title's Dead Man was luminously loathsome, holding forth from the cafe table at which he died earlier in the show.  I think I may have been seeing the first or second performance of the actor playing the Dead Man here, and it is a very humanizing portrayal, and he pulls out all the stops standing center stage, not at his death table.  Strange how after seeing the play only once before, I was convinced that loathsome through and through (the way it was played the first time I saw the play) was the way the character must be played - if he's not rotten to the core, where is the (momentary) sadness in our heroine falling and giving up her life for him?   But only the playwright knows what she really wanted, and this fellow is an extremely talented replacement for their NYC first choice who had to leave to shoot a film.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 08:01:53 PM by FJL »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2008, 08:12:16 PM »

Richard Hatch still looks damn good. He ought to be starring in his own TV series on television right now!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2008, 08:13:14 PM »

No, Jane, I haven't seen any episodes of DEXTER, but it sounds like an interesting show!

It's a fabulous show, but who know how much CBS is going to cut out of it to make it network TV-ready? Better to rent the DVDs of Season 1.`

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2008, 08:16:57 PM »

I did watch JAKERS! when I went back into the home theater. It's a sweet and beautifully done young children's cartoon show featuring three Irish farm animals (a pig, a duck, and a cow) who are friends and who learn valuable life lessons in each episode. The pig grows up to be the narrator of the story who tells his two grandsons stories about himself as a youth. The cast is totally Irish except for Mel Brooks who voices a a self-important sheep on the farm.

There were four episodes (they're CGI animation) along with a bunch of special features, all for the pre-school to primary school age group.

Cillaliz

« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2008, 08:18:22 PM »

Wow!  You could buy a lotta Starbucks for that!

Once again, that's exactly what I was thinking. My you have wonderful thoughts, Ginny  ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2008, 08:20:02 PM »

I never watched JERICHO during its first season, but I had planned to watch its second season premiere this past Tuesday night. Alas, my friend John called me right when it was coming on, and since I had other shows recording at 10 on the DVR, I couldn't record it, so I just missed it.

Anyway, tonight CBS replayed the second season premiere, and I did get to watch it. I didn't have any trouble understanding basically who people were and what was happening. Any show that brings in Esai Morales for its second season gets a look from me. Not quite the riveting experience I was expecting, but there were certainly enough tense moments to bring me back next week. Wonder if CBS will show next week's episode on Saturday as well?

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2008, 08:22:12 PM »

Since I didn't want to watch TORCHWOOD "live" but rather wanted to see it without waiting through long commercial breaks, I watched another NCIS episode during the 9 p.m. hour. This one had the team tracking an arms shipment from "The Frog," an international terrorist who was the focus of much of this last season's long story arc.

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2008, 08:23:02 PM »

Thanks for the reports and photos of the Courts show
DR Jose, thanks for your reports as well.

Matt H.

« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2008, 08:23:45 PM »

TORCHWOOD was somewhat touching, but I was bothered by Gwen's attitude. Why not just quit if she can't obey policy and doesn't want to lie any more? I'm not sure we've heard the end of this in episodes to come.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2008, 08:35:14 PM »

Nice pics bk and I am glad you were able to sell many things...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2008, 08:36:09 PM »

For those DRs who may need the info:

The Museum of Modern Art
(212) 708-9400
11 West 53 Street,
between Fifth and Sixth avenues
New York, NY 10019-5497

;)

I have a lovely pile of papers called genealogical chaos that would be quite appropriate ;)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2008, 08:37:34 PM »

Nice photos Jose... I like the second one.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2008, 08:38:08 PM »

Next week, I shall have an exhibit for the art museum. It will be called "Old Windows."
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2008, 08:39:48 PM »

Loved all the photos! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2008, 08:45:32 PM »

I spent the morning running around with Paul. Breakfast and window shopping. I spent the afternoon cleaning and sorting my home office, cleaning my guest room, scrubbing the upstairs bathroom from top to bottom and running the vacuum through the rest of the house.  My parents are going to stay here the 25th as they start their trip to Arizona. So, I've gotten their rooms ready.

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2008, 08:47:08 PM »

Tomorrow I will work at the office most of the day, but I am hoping to get all my laundry done and clean and organize my bedroom. It's the last room upstairs I need to clean. Next weekend I'll do the first floor and it will be in great shape for my visitors.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2008, 08:49:17 PM »

REally quiet on the boards tonight...

Matt H.

« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2008, 08:58:11 PM »

I must do some writing, and then I will head down to bed.

Good night!

MBarnum

« Reply #205 on: February 16, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »

Did you request a room change?

It sounds as if they have all gone to lullaby land...quiet except for the occasional smokers hack.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 09:51:33 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2008, 09:49:01 PM »

Had a wonderful dinner with Scotty Morrow, Mark and Sherrill. The food was wonderful and so were my dinner mates. After dinner they took me on a drive up into the hills where they had hoped to show me the Hollywood sign up close. They knew of a passage road the leads up to it, but alas the gate was closed tonight (they had just been there a couple of weeks ago). Still, it was a fun ride and oh, gosh those beautiful houses up there! I must win the lottery so that I can move!

It was a great evening!

MBarnum

« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »

And tomorrow will be a great morning as I will be having breakfast with BK and DR Adriana at the Lamplighter in Sherman Oaks..a great way to end my trip to Los Angeles!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2008, 10:29:41 PM »

BK, I'd be curious to hear his recollections of the aborted film from his side of things.  I guess Sy's estate owns the script.  Pity.  Good script.

Is Michael Druxman the person who wrote several "films of..." type books?  I believe he did a Basil Rathbone one.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #209 on: February 16, 2008, 10:34:13 PM »

I just watched Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid for the first time ever tonight.  It's an interesting film and James Coburn is always immensely watchable and intriguing as are several of the smaller parts played by old character actors like Slim Pickens, Kathy Jurado, Richard Jaeckel (an always unestimated actor), and Chill Wills.  Even Bob Dylan is perfectly fine (especially reading the tin cans scene).  But I don't get Pekinpaph masterpiece here (I find The Left-Handed Gun a much more interesting Billy the Kid take).  I expect Mr. Redman may disagree.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up