Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HOSING THE NOTES  (Read 22041 times)

Ginny

Re:HOSING THE NOTES
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2008, 06:40:23 AM »

...a screening of the new MISS PETTIGREW LIVES FOR A DAY.  I look forward to it immensely.

Need a date  ;)?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2008, 06:42:00 AM »

That's where I'll be 3 weeks from today!  Actually, I fly to Mpls on March 25 and will be there through the 29th attending the Public Library Association National Conference.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2008, 06:43:50 AM »

Travel vibes to Jose!

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2008, 06:44:47 AM »

DR Jose - wave if you fly over SW Ohio!

FJL

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2008, 06:45:48 AM »

Please be nice to ARTF***ERS, singdaw.  :) :)  It's written by Michael Domitrovich and directed by Eduardo Machado, two wonderful artists with whom Skip got to work on SUMMER SHORTS last summer.

Ben

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2008, 06:45:53 AM »

That's where I'll be 3 weeks from today!  Actually, I fly to Mpls on March 25 and will be there through the 29th attending the Public Library Association National Conference.

I think the new library is up and running now. The last time I was in Minneapolis (2005) it was still being constructed. I have fond memories of the old library at the beginning end of the Nicollet Mall. It was there that I discovered one could check out Original Cast Recordings of Broadway shows (and other records as well) which turned me into a Show Queen (and I use the term lovingly) and a Folk Music fiend.

FJL

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2008, 06:46:20 AM »

But that IS some picture.

FJL

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2008, 06:46:55 AM »

The photo from ARTF***ERS, that is.

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2008, 06:56:22 AM »

Yes, DR Ben, I'm going to a Cooperating Collection meeting at the new Minneapolis/Hennepin County Central Library on the 28th.  Did you know that the city and county systems had recently merged?

Ben

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2008, 07:06:38 AM »

No, I didn't. When I'm in Minneapolis (this August) I will check it out. There is a great branch in South Minneapolis

Walker Branch

built a few years ago now, that is mostly underground. It's built that way to save energy.

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2008, 07:15:13 AM »

Even though it looks like i am online (well i am now), i've been watching hi-5 and wilbur videos online with my niece.

There was a snow/ice storm so all the schools and daycares got canceled (my sis only found out at 7:45am).

My niece is now pulling me off. So I must go.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2008, 07:17:36 AM »

Feel better vibes to the AT WORK DR GINNY.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2008, 07:32:03 AM »

Sounds like Jennifer is going to have a fun day!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2008, 07:32:08 AM »

I'm old enough to play General Mills, but it would be like casting Don Knotts (unfortunately).

There are several DRs here who I'm sure could do the role proud including DR JRand and, as I believe bk suggested some days ago, Charles E. Pogue.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2008, 07:34:42 AM »

Good morning!

After more than an inch of heavy rain last night, we're back to glorious blue sky and mild temperatures, perfect for early March. It won't be as warm as it's been the last few days, but we should get into the low 60s today.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2008, 07:39:01 AM »

One other observation about IDOL last night:

Jason Castro (the dreadlock kid) took a breath in the middle of his ending phrase with his song, very noticeable and made that last bit really off (I think that's what he was snickering about waiting for the judges' opinions on his screw-up). Not ONE of the "experts" bothered to mention it and instead heaped glowing praise on his rendition.

singdaw

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2008, 07:41:30 AM »

DR FJL - my "picture caption" jokes are not intended in any way to be commentaries on the source material.  I'm just stealing their publicity shots for cheap laughs.  

The only reason I've referenced the source productions is because some DRs were complaining that they couldn't identify the photos.

Perhaps I'll just stop doing them so as not to upset anyone.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2008, 07:42:12 AM »

TV Reminders Tonight:

PROJECT RUNWAY finale tonight!

New LAW & ORDER tonight!

(BTW, NBC is running CRIMINAL INTENT at 8 tonight rather than 9 to see what effect that will have on its ratings. Opposite the IDOL women, it's going to KILL its ratings.)

New RENO 911! tonight!

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2008, 07:43:40 AM »

I forgot all about the season 2 premiere of DIRT (which now comes on Sunday nights). Fortunately, FX repeated the season premiere last night and hopefully the DVR picked it up. That's what I'll watch while eating lunch today.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2008, 07:45:21 AM »

Yesterday, I got the review copy of THE KITE RUNNER in the mail. Even though I have two more Criterions to do which come out on the 18th, I think I'll do THE KITE RUNNER today (it doesn't come out until the 25th).

Of course, if the Blu-ray of ENCHANTED happens to arrive today, all bets are off!

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2008, 07:48:21 AM »

I did not like Jason Castro on last night's IDOL. I have sort of liked him in the past.

Btw, i thought simon was particularly vicious last night. His remarks seemed more harsh than usual.

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2008, 07:49:13 AM »

On tv for me tonight unfortunately not the finale of PROJECT RUNWAY (we have 6 left now).

But i do have IDOL, AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL and BIG BROTHER. And i think MEN IN TREES is on at 10pm again.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2008, 07:49:27 AM »

In next week's TV GUIDE, there are some LOST articles featuring Naveen Andrews and Elizabeth Mitchell. Of more immediate interest, however, is a page of cast questions to the executive producers/head writers about many of the LOST mysteries.

spoiler

One of them asked if Aaron is considered one of the Oceanic 6, and the answer was that this fact had yet to be determined (in other words: maybe yes/maybe no).

They also revealed that by the end of this season, the 6 who are getting off the island will be off and there will be explanations about what happens to those survivors who don't get off.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2008, 07:51:03 AM »

I did not like Jason Castro on last night's IDOL. I have sort of liked him in the past.

Btw, i thought simon was particularly vicious last night. His remarks seemed more harsh than usual.

He seemed more concerned in putting down Paula. Granted, she was looped and incoherent, but it's not his place to shut her up. Let Ryan do his job of moving the show along.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2008, 07:53:58 AM »

One more little joke from the LOST questions and answers. This isn't a spoiler so there will be no space.

Josh Holloway (Sawyer) asked: Why can't Sawyer get a frickin' haircut?

And Carlton Cuse answered: sorry, but that happened in one of the episodes we had to discard due to the strike. (Actually, they didn't discard any episodes; they merely combined the action of 8 episodes into 5 episodes with no filler or time holding events to stretch things out.)

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2008, 07:55:32 AM »

Interesting for BIG BROTHER fans:

New BB ad: 'Two more houseguests will be evicted but what they don't know is Big Brother may not let them leave'

Per Julie: Wednesday 'the evicted couple will get a surprise that no one will see coming, and a new chapter will begin for this season of Big Brother'

I wonder what that first blurb means?

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2008, 07:57:05 AM »

On my desk when I returned to work today:  3 boxes of Girl Scout cookies.  Bet I owe someone some money.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2008, 07:58:39 AM »

A little musical humor:

Agreed.

[g r o a n]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2008, 08:00:54 AM »

... and there will be explanations about what happens to those survivors who don't get off.

;D  Perhaps they become monks and nuns.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2008, 08:03:54 AM »

singdaw - ????

Please don't stop showing the pictures.  I was just asking you to be kind to that show for personal reasons.   But it was with good humor - hence the smiley in my post.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up