Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE APRIL FOOLS 2008  (Read 25722 times)

singdaw

Re:THE APRIL FOOLS 2008
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 04:41:22 AM »

[size=20]PAGE 2!!![/size][/color]

singdaw

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 04:43:35 AM »

I don't feel like an April Fool today.

Years ago, an April 1st we used to leave "While You Were Out" messages on colleague's desks, saying that "Mr. Wolf" had called.  The call back number was the phone number for the local zoo.  At the time, we thought it was hilarious.  But we were much younger then.   :-\

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 05:45:03 AM »

Yes it is Tuesday, April 1, 2008.

Happy Birthday to DR ANN.

Work today oh well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 05:46:03 AM »

Best of feel better vibes to DR TCB.

DR JMK sorry to hear about your coffeemaker.  I don't drink coffee myself, but since there are two of them here, and LOTS of company coming in and out, we have an emergency coffeemaker on a high shelf in the pantry.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 05:48:28 AM »

DRtd thanks for the Monster Bash link.  

TOD:

To Kill a Mockingbird, of course

AND:

True Grit
The Carpetbaggers
Far From Heaven
The Ten Commandments
Walk on the Wild Side

AND:

Robot Monster and Cat Women of the Moon (on one of which he is listed as Elmer Bernstien).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2008, 05:58:02 AM »

Off to work.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 06:04:24 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up.... And I would have posted earlier, but... "Too Many Connections".  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 06:05:16 AM »

-Although, looking at the time stamp on DR JRand's latest post, it seems that that TMC issue only lasted a few minutes.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 06:19:12 AM »

Good Morning, DR Ben.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2008, 06:19:51 AM »

Good Morning, DR TCB.  -Wishing you a better day than yesterday.  :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:20:08 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2008, 06:22:33 AM »

Good Morning Jose, just us.

Ben

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2008, 06:23:03 AM »

Hugs and vibes to our dear TCB

Ben

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2008, 06:23:37 AM »

And Happy Birthday to Vintek

Ben

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2008, 06:23:55 AM »

Now I must get back to Robert Wood Johnson

td

• td
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2008, 06:42:39 AM »

Good morning one and all!

I have several Elmer Bernstein scores which I am quite fond of:
TO KILL A MOCKINBIRD
HAWAII
THOROGHLY MODERN MILLIE
FAR FROM HEAVEN
are at the top of my list.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2008, 06:54:01 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept late. After watching MEDIUM, I watched THE TUDORS on Showtime on Demand.  I've also been rereading Denis Quilley's autobiography, and it's most enjoyable.  He was a lovely gentleman, and I'm happy that I got to know him slightly before his death in 2003. His chapters on working with the National Theatre of Great Britain and Olivier are wonderful, and Olivier's firing of Anthony Hopkins for being a Macbeth too fond of alcohol before performance is a hoot. His chapter on how much he enjoyed living in Australia and starring with June Bronhill in ROBERT & ELIZABETH begins enthusiastically and ends quite sadly with the death of his newly-born son. The chapter about closing the Broadway company of IRMA LA DOUCE and touring the USA with it for a year are also wonderful.

The plasterers were a friendly older gentleman as overseer and a younger, rather pudgy Mexican, who did an absolutley gorgeous job, repairing my radiator and sealing it to the wall, repairing the wall, and redoing the ceiling of my bathroom.  Last year, after the water in the building was turned off for boiler repair, when the water was turned back on, every toilet in the building reacted violently by flushing over and over until the tenant fiddled with the handle.  The neighbor above me wasn't around all day, and his toilet overflowed, sending water crashing through my bathroom ceiling.  I was not amused to return to find several inches of water on my floor and a huge crack in my ceiling.  Now it's repaired/

Today, I have sme orchestra parts to lay out on paper, count the pages and send off an invoice. I've also been asked to write a piano part for a Mario Frangoulis chart.  Hoepfully, I'll get a chance to watch Sunday's episode of JOHN ADAMS.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2008, 07:03:34 AM »

Well, it's time for me to head down to Ripley-Grier once again for another round of auditions.  -Sort of funny thing: To enter the building - at least to get to the elevators, you have to "check-in" at the desk.  You stand on the line, say your name and what floor and/or business you're going to while the guy at the desk takes a digital pic of you.  (This is a common procedure in many of the buildings here in NYC that have a lot of "visitors".)  Well...  Due to the amount of work I've had lately - and most of it being at R-G - I'm at the point where the morning desk guy just waves me in.  -I don't even see the little green light go on on the small digi-cam that's mounted on the podium.  ;)

So, in any case...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2008, 07:15:43 AM »

Well, it's time for me to head down to Ripley-Grier once again for another round of auditions.  -Sort of funny thing: To enter the building - at least to get to the elevators, you have to "check-in" at the desk.  You stand on the line, say your name and what floor and/or business you're going to while the guy at the desk takes a digital pic of you.  (This is a common procedure in many of the buildings here in NYC that have a lot of "visitors".)  Well...  Due to the amount of work I've had lately - and most of it being at R-G - I'm at the point where the morning desk guy just waves me in.  -I don't even see the little green light go on on the small digi-cam that's mounted on the podium.  ;)

So, in any case...

Laters...

The Equity Building is like that w/the camera and photos but if you have an Equity card you can just flash it and go up to the Second Floor. What a perk!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2008, 07:25:44 AM »

And the word of the day is: JOLLIFICATION!

And The Song Of The Day Is: CELEBRATION

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2008, 07:26:45 AM »

The Equity Building is like that w/the camera and photos but if you have an Equity card you can just flash it and go up to the Second Floor. What a perk!

Most of this is from tightened security after 9/11; I can remember when I could come and go without being stopped in the Equity building, and the same was true pf the Sixth Avenue building the Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization.  Now you can't get in without giving blood and three proofs of family going back to the 19th Century.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2008, 07:29:43 AM »

Happy Birthday Vintek and Bruce

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2008, 07:38:21 AM »

RE: last night's MEDIUM

SPOILERS

jfldfj dfj dfjkdf ldfj jdflkdj flk dfjdlfj dlfj dfj dlfldjflkdjfldfjld fkldkj klj fldf
I love this show. And this particular 2 parter mesmerized me. I especially loved little bridget having the visions of a white haired man. And the story with cynthia and her dead daughter was quite interesting.
jldjfljdlf djklfjd fkljd lfd lfjdlkfjdfkljdlfj dj dfjdlfj dlfj dlfjdlf jdlfj dlfj dlfj dlfj dlf jfdlfjd

fjdfkld kfjdl fjdfkljd lfj dlf j dlfjdlfj dlfjdlfkj dlfjdlfkj dlfkjdlfkjd fkljd fkljd flkjd fl
I had not been expecting cynthia to be killed. But i must say i was sort of startled by the ending. Even though MEDIUM has done similar things before. I am not sure if this is the end of that character. Or if we will see any type of trial. It was a little weird of her to call allison to the scene!  I'm not sure the ending really satisfied me though. I think it would have been possible for allison to get the goods on the girl. She almost always does!
jlj lkj lkjfldj flkdj fkljdflkd klj flkjdlfkjd fjdf kdfj kldfj lkdfj kdjflkdjfld
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:40:42 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2008, 07:42:13 AM »

DR Jose, re: your suggestions re: egg whites (for my orange julep/julius recipe)

You wrote

Dr Jennifer - If "egg safety" is not a concern in your area, then using "regular" egg whites is fine.  

Egg safety is not a concern i don't think. But the idea sort of grosses me out. Although i was wondering if it was safe to use raw eggs.

However, pasteurized eggs (still in the shell) are now available in the supermarkets - although at a premium price.  Egg substitutes are primarily made from egg whites - with color added to give that egg-yolky color.

I don't know pasteurized eggs still in shell. And i don't know egg substitute. Would that just be in the egg department? What do egg substitutes come in?

You could also used reconstituted powdered egg whites.  In fact, I've seen "imitation" Orange Julius/Julep recipes that call for adding powdered egg whites directly to the orange juice before blending.

Gee i must an egg-noramous :)  I don't know powdered egg whites either. I would consider using this. Although again i would not know where to look for them in the store.

Note that the egg whites just contribute to the texture/viscosity of the finished product, they do not - and should not - add any flavor.  -Oh, and they also up the protein content of the drink.

Yes the orange julep i know and love has a certain texture. And i'm pretty sure the egg white will make it like i remember! Although i'm wondering now if the powdered stuff would give it that same frothy texture.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:45:54 AM by Jennifer »

singdaw

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2008, 07:46:24 AM »

Before my mother and aunt arrive for a day of shopping, gossip, and fun, I'm off quickly to my local Borders to procure this little item:

Jennifer

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2008, 07:49:12 AM »

Tonight on tv for me:

IDOL, BIG BROTHER, DWTS results show and BEAUTY AND THE GEEK. Woah, reality heavy!

I am worried for marissa on DANCING WITH THE STARS. I think she will be in danger. And i really don't want her to leave. I know the judges scores don't make that much difference. But if marissa has similar amounts of fan votes as cristian/cheryl and priscilla presley and marlee matlin. Well they all got higher scores (especially the first two who i think are the least popular ones). :(

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Back to real life today, the first of a Tuesday-Saturday work week for me.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2008, 07:59:00 AM »

DR Cilla asked if we could see one show (musical?) on broadway what would it be.

I think for me it would be either:

GYPSY

SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE

or

A CATERED AFFAIR

Btw, I was checking out the off broadway musicals and saw that there was one called PINKALICIOUS. My 2 year old niece has this book and i have read it. HAs anyone seen this? I wonder if there is/will be any type of recording. She loves cds and she loves this book and pink cupcakes!

(it's the story of a girl who eats a lot of pink cupcakes and turns pink).

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2008, 08:19:13 AM »

Good morning!

Only cloudy, rainy day here, though the right has been light. We need all we can get (we're still running 2 inches below normal for this year and we were 14 inches below normal last year). Whatever rain we get can only ease the drought situation we've been in for quite a while.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2008, 08:22:49 AM »

TOD:

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD without question; one of the all-time great scores. Just hearing the music can make me tear up immediately, a sure sign that music has affected me deeply.

I also think THE TEN COMMANDMENTS is very impressive.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2008, 08:24:22 AM »

TV Reminder:

CSI: MIAMI (conclusion of a two-parter that began last night)

a Barbara Walters special on living to be 150

lots of reality (IDOL, HELL'S KITCHEN, BIGGEST LOSER, BIG BROTHER, DANCING/STARS)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up