Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: IS A PUZZLEMENT  (Read 41558 times)

singdaw

Re:IS A PUZZLEMENT
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »

Maybe I'll go bang on the piano for a while.

One of my favorite parts of the Steinway factory tour was the machine that "bangs" on the keys of brand new pianos to stretch the strings, to prepare them for an initial tuning.  It's supposed to simulate one year of normal use within twenty minutes.

Needless to say, the operator of said machine wears noise-cancelling headphones.

singdaw

« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2008, 10:11:32 AM »

I try very hard

Yes.  You are very trying.    ;)

singdaw

« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2008, 10:13:49 AM »

PAGE 6 GOSSIP DANCE!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2008, 10:27:19 AM »

On tv tonight for me:

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL. Yeah!

BIG BROTHER and IDOL results (btw, i loved david cook last night!).

MEN IN TREES.

Jennifer

« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2008, 10:30:16 AM »

re: MEDIUM (this week and last week).

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

So did I. I *NEVER* doubt Allison's dreams though others seem to all the time. I guess there would be no conflict if everyone took her word for it all the time.

jklfdjdlfj d kldfj lkjdflkdj flkjd flkjdfkljd fkljd lfkjdlfj dffkdj dfj dlfj dlf jdlfj
YEs but remember last week's dream. She was wrong. She saw her sis (patricia arquette) in her dreams as the killer. Allison's dreams always mean something. but we do not always know what until the end.
kfl;dkfl;dkf ;lkdf;lk dl;fk dl;fk d;lfk d;lfk;dlfkl;dk fl;dk f;ldkf l;dfk ;dlk fd;lf

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2008, 10:35:11 AM »

Please remind me where I stopped using "Spoiler" regarding TV shows and their plots.  

I try very hard to warn folks.

Sorry, VERY TRUE!  I just corrected my error.  I'm doubly sorry if I ruined anything for you.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 10:43:16 AM by Jane »

Jennifer

« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2008, 10:37:37 AM »

DR RonP, thank you very much for the BIGGEST LOSER summary.

Btw, the MEDIUM posts, were mostly just speculation. So it shouldn't really spoil anything for you.

Btw2, i am very curious to see who will get voted off BIG BROTHER and IDOL tonight.

For IDOL, i think it will be the 3 girls in the bottom (carly, syesha, and brooke). I hope it is the 2nd who goes.

As for BB, i hope natalie stays. It will be interesting. I guess i should check to see if they changed their minds again! If they do want natalie to go, then i pray that they split the vote and cause sheila to break the tie! :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2008, 10:41:28 AM »

DR RonP, thank you very much for the BIGGEST LOSER summary.

Btw, the MEDIUM posts, were mostly just speculation. So it shouldn't really spoil anything for you.

Btw2, i am very curious to see who will get voted off BIG BROTHER and IDOL tonight.

For IDOL, i think it will be the 3 girls in the bottom (carly, syesha, and brooke). I hope it is the 2nd who goes.

As for BB, i hope natalie stays. It will be interesting. I guess i should check to see if they changed their minds again! If they do want natalie to go, then i pray that they split the vote and cause sheila to break the tie! :)

I caught a few of the performances last night.  I have to say I didn't think much of the song that David Cook sang at all.  It was a boring song all the way, to me.  Typical Simon, though...take Syesha to task for singing a song many won't know but say nothing about David's boring choice.

I think Brooke has pretty much exhausted her calling card.  She's never been "original", always reminding me that Carol King does it so much better.

I like Carly, whether she nails the song or not.  

Jason Castro....ewwwwwww.

Big Brother:  This should come as no surprise to anyone, but Natalie is my second-least favorite player next to Sheila.  Natalie is a wide-eyed annoying motormouth.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2008, 10:41:35 AM »

And the word of the day is: OBJURGATE!

And The Song Of The Day Is: DON'T BLAME ME

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2008, 10:42:40 AM »

.  Wait-I think I meant Matt H.-double sorry.

ACK!  Ack-ack-ack!!!

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2008, 10:42:40 AM »

Ask BK:   I know it has been a number of years, but I am wondering if you would mind telling us where you were, and what it was like, when the Northridge Earthquake struck LA in 1994.

At the time, I was living in The Shores, the highrise apartment complex in Santa Monica, located about thirty seconds from the beach.  I woke up just before it happened (something that I've done with every earthquake we've had).  It was a surreal experience because The Shores (seventeen floors-worth) is on wheels, so it was more of a weird rolling sensation rather than a shaking one.  I had my CD shelves against a wall in the little entrance hallway.  They weren't bolted and they toppled, with about four hundred CDs spilling to the floor.  Happily, I didn't really need to get out of the apartment, so I just got them up as quickly as I could - none of them were damaged.  Other than that, I think a lamp fell over and broke.  The bookcases (two free-standing) didn't topple.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2008, 10:46:01 AM »

At the time, I was living in The Shores, the highrise apartment complex in Santa Monica, located about thirty seconds from the beach.  I woke up just before it happened (something that I've done with every earthquake we've had).  It was a surreal experience because The Shores (seventeen floors-worth) is on wheels, so it was more of a weird rolling sensation rather than a shaking one.  I had my CD shelves against a wall in the little entrance hallway.  They weren't bolted and they toppled, with about four hundred CDs spilling to the floor.  Happily, I didn't really need to get out of the apartment, so I just got them up as quickly as I could - none of them were damaged.  Other than that, I think a lamp fell over and broke.  The bookcases (two free-standing) didn't topple.

Thanks.  I keep thinking about securing my shelves, but have never done so.  Now that my CDs and DVDs are in aluminum cases, the only thing that will topple is the shelves and the unbreakables I keep on them.

But...they pose a dangerous obstacle if I need to get out of the condo.  I keep "thinking" about such things, though.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2008, 10:49:15 AM »

Well, 31K, anyway.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MILLSTONE

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2008, 10:50:03 AM »

I'm excited for DR George and his [potential] new television!  :)

Me, too! :D I'll keep you all posted.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2008, 10:52:04 AM »

BK-

It's Ask BK Day

So I'll Ask Again

What is On Your i-Pod ?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2008, 10:56:03 AM »

My question for ASK BK day?

Do you have trunk songs, or do you compose every song fresh for each project?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2008, 11:04:34 AM »

Happiest of anniversaries to DR JMK and his DW Betsy!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2008, 11:05:50 AM »

I used to know a girl in college Laura Something (Spiller?), who used to send her enemies air sickness bags with the note "Thinking of you."

That's funny!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2008, 11:05:52 AM »

DR Ron, shelves and unbreakable can still hurt if they fall on you, or you go tripping over them in the dark.  I hope you get them secured.

George

« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2008, 11:09:51 AM »

I would be remiss if I did not mention it is DS Betsy's and my 14th Anniversary today.

A Very Happy 14th Anniversary to DR JMK and DS Betsy!!

(In June, it'll be my parents' 44th Anniversary. :))

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2008, 11:12:05 AM »

Thanks for the wishes, everyone.  I will pass them on to Betsy, who frequently comes into the office and asks, "Well, what is everyone posting about today on Haines His Way?"  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2008, 11:15:11 AM »

From a friend.....

George

« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2008, 11:15:38 AM »

Our friend's daughter has a Dalmatian that is a bit food aggressive.  With a young daughter, a couple of cats & a new puppy, they decided to send him to a special dog trainer to work on  the problem.  

The trainer left the garage door open & the dog has been missing for three days.  You can imagine how upset the family is.

Vibes Fletcher finds his way home!

Come Back, Little Fletcher!  Come Back!!

Jane

« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2008, 11:15:44 AM »

JMK, are you doing anything special or just staying home, enjoying your beautiful new kitchen & calling it part of your anniversary gift to each other. :)

Jane

« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2008, 11:16:12 AM »

Thank you DR George.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2008, 11:18:50 AM »

A Very Happy 14th Anniversary to DR JMK and DS Betsy!!

(In June, it'll be my parents' 44th Anniversary. :))

Party time!  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2008, 11:21:07 AM »

Lost doggie vibes.....I always think of The Incredible Journey....those little determined pets let NOTHING stand in their way.

And there have always been stories about pets lost on the way to a new home....who months later show up at the new front door!!  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2008, 11:21:32 AM »

BK-

It's Ask BK Day

So I'll Ask Again

What is On Your i-Pod ?

I have about 2300 songs on Ye Olde iPod.  They range from one-off songs to entire albums, to rarities like all the Goodbye Mr. Chips demos.  I have lots of fun playlists.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2008, 11:23:50 AM »

My question for ASK BK day?

Do you have trunk songs, or do you compose every song fresh for each project?

I have lots of songs, but I only recall using an existing song once in a new project - and that was for this new Nudie Musical adaptation - I'd written a song called Simply, which we used in What If.  It just happened to fit a moment perfectly and I wanted a ballad for the Cindy Williams character (Rosie), so in it went.  But normally everything is composed specifically for each show.

singdaw

« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2008, 11:24:19 AM »

Betsy, who frequently comes into the office and asks, "Well, what is everyone posting about today on Haines His Way?"

And what do you tell her?

Wait.   Maybe we're better off not knowing.     :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up