Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WET METAPHOR  (Read 33879 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE WET METAPHOR
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2008, 05:11:39 AM »

Obscure songs from Tony Hatch (Mark Anthony!) and Burt Bacharach are there I think DR Elmore.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2008, 05:12:19 AM »

DR BEN - Trog may star Ms Joan Crawford, but it is produced by Mr Herman Cohen so there are some physique models in the movie, too.

Most notably featured is Mr John Hammill who in a change of pace is the SECOND person in the movie to take off his pants.

I'm sure Dear Mr. Barnum knows of John Hammill  ;)

Tomovoz

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2008, 05:14:46 AM »

DP Colin and I are at last catching up with "Bleak House" which we recorded before we were in North America. It is wonderful!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2008, 05:17:44 AM »

Yes, I am sure DR MBARNUM knows Mr Hammill, as I do, by reputation.

On a side note:

I was awakened at 5:30 am this morning by a strange sound and weird vibrations and it seems there was a 5.4 earthquake about 120 miles east of St Louis....we certainly felt it here!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2008, 05:18:39 AM »

DR TCB - yes, my name is Virginia.  Many people call me Ginny, some call me Gin.  Professionally, I use Virginia, because on the phone Ginny gets confused with Jenny.  Also, Richard likes the more formal version of my name, and of his.

People have more trouble spelling Virginia than I'd expect.  At Starbucks, they often ask your name and write it on your cup.  The other morning, it looked like I was named for a pharmaceutical.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2008, 05:19:21 AM »

I've just read the page by DR DrinkStraw.  A change of medication may be needed - for him and me!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2008, 05:20:45 AM »

AH.  The earth moved for DR JRand.  Much as it did not for Glenda Jackson in  "A Touch Of Class".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2008, 05:27:05 AM »

Still no sign of "Travels With My Aunt" on DVD.  (Somehow I went from "A Touch Of Class" to that).

There are also a couple of listings for single copies of "Kismet" with Amazon's other sellers. I certainly can't afford to buy the "set" when I'd would not watch the other films - and of course the postage will be so much to the land down under. I may investigate in a month or so and see if more individual copies of "Kismet" are available.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2008, 05:28:31 AM »

And it is now bedtime in the land of OZ.  (and a chapter or two of Mr Hoeg's book).  Have a good day everyone  - conferences especially!
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2008, 05:33:29 AM »

Good morning night, DR Tomovoz!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2008, 05:38:32 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And would anyone else like a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice?

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2008, 05:40:15 AM »

In other news...  This week was one of those weeks that kept changing speeds, so to speak - at least for me.  It seemed the days took turns with their pacing - Sunday was slow, Monday went by like that, Tuesday down-shifted again... And now we're back to another Friday...  Whew?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2008, 05:40:50 AM »

~~~~~CONFERENCE VIBES TO DR GINNY~~~~~

*Not that you'll need them anyway.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2008, 05:41:09 AM »

Did that make sense?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2008, 05:42:22 AM »

DR elmore - Is the reading taking place down at Chelsea Studios?  -I know they were there yesterday.  If so, we might end up seeing each other in the hallway today.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2008, 05:44:50 AM »

As for DR singdaw's page one frenzy... I'm not sure if it's a matter of a change of medication.  I believe he may either need to be taken off of it, or put be on some.  Although, there is the totally plausible possibility that "taking Zach for a walk" is a euphemism for something that could be considered unseemly.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2008, 05:46:41 AM »

OOHH!!  Earthquake!

DR Jrand - In the movie that's to be made of this morning's earthquake in Indiana, which actot would you like to play you?  -besides you, of course.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2008, 05:47:10 AM »

~~~~~CONFERENCE VIBES TO DR GINNY~~~~~

*Not that you'll need them anyway.  :)

Thanks, DR Jose!

I'd love a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice.  What I'd really love is a hot shower.  Just discovered that there's no hot water in my room - BRRR! and GRRR!.  Hope it's not a problem throughout the hotel!  I'll find out soon.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2008, 05:47:23 AM »

And, yes, "Eli Stone", was quite wonderful last night.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2008, 05:49:19 AM »

DR elmore - Is the reading taking place down at Chelsea Studios?  -I know they were there yesterday.  If so, we might end up seeing each other in the hallway today.

Yes, indeedy! I hope the New York appearance of His Holiness the Pope, which should keep the media tied up all weekend, doesn't affect my travel through midtown and beyond!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2008, 05:50:19 AM »

Thanks, DR Jose!

I'd love a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice.  What I'd really love is a hot shower.  Just discovered that there's no hot water in my room - BRRR! and GRRR!.  Hope it's not a problem throughout the hotel!  I'll find out soon.

~~~~~HOTEL HOT WATER VIBES~~~~~

*That's actually a common problem/occurence during the SETC Conventions each year.  Since "we" take over the whole hotel, and since most of the programs all start at the same time in the morning, basically the whole is taking a shower at the same time.  -Or something like that.  It definitely causes temporary hot water issues for the later-risers.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2008, 05:51:17 AM »

Yes, indeedy! I hope the New York appearance of His Holiness the Pope, which should keep the media tied up all weekend, doesn't affect my travel through midtown and beyond!

Just take the 1 train to 28th Street and walk down to 26th.  I'd avoid the busses today.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2008, 05:55:01 AM »

Well, I'm gonna get ready to head in for today's round of Damn Yankees auditions.  -And since I can't remember if I confirmed this or not yesterday: Yes, they are for the upcoming City Center Summer Stars presentation.

Hopefully, our turn out will, well, turn out today.  When it's sparsely attended, it certainly makes the day drag.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2008, 05:57:39 AM »

They keep saying that the Subways won't be affected by the visit but I somehow doubt that analysis.

They also say most of the closures will happen on the East Side (location of the United Nations and the Italian Ambassador's residence, AKA the Pope's Hotel)

Ben

« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2008, 05:58:46 AM »

Yes, Jose, yesterday (say that 3 times fast) you confirmed that it's for the Jack McFarland, oops, sorry Sean Hayes, production of Damn Yankees.

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2008, 05:59:07 AM »

Re: last night's ELI STONE finale

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

jldfj kldj lajd fljd fkljdlfa jdlfjaafldjfklaj fkljdfklajfkld jfafjdsa jfkjdsa fl
I am not totally sure how i feel about this episode. I love this show. And have loved loved loved the last 2 episodes. I will say i found this episode sort of confusing.  Like DR MattH in the beginning of the show i thought that what was happening might be visions and he would realize he should not have the surgery (i mean this has been the premise of the show).

The going back and forth from what seemed like reality (the case...) to the hospital, was a bit confusing.  Then things like the promotion scene seemed like visions (when before it seemed like the surgery was the visions).  Then none of the case stuff really happened???

I thought that having the healing guy help his brother make the decision and talk to eli was cool. And i liked the very ending. IT was just really complex. I loved the group musical number!
jlfj kljfldjfldj lfjdljfkdfjldajfkl jfklj af; kljdaf;ja ljaf jlsafj ld;ja fljaflfjaa

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2008, 06:06:30 AM »

Off to see what's going on downstairs!  Pray for Rosemary's baby.

FJL

« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2008, 07:18:49 AM »

Golly, it took so long to catch up that i got through it last time and forgot to post.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2008, 07:18:57 AM »

I'm up and on the phone with Pitney Bowes.  Apparently the supplies are shipped separately and can take up to ten days - I told her that was unacceptable, as I'd told the woman who took the order everything had to be here by yesterday and I paid for expedited shipping.  She's trying to get a tracking number to see what the real story is.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2008, 07:19:32 AM »

TOD:

CD - Cliff Richard, 4 CD set, many songs I had not heard him sing before

DVD - Elizabeth the Golden Age, Once (which I think DR JOSE and DR JMK discussed here last summer)

Let me know what you think of ELIZABETH THE GOLDEN AGE. I found it the absolute weakest version of the Mary, Queen of Scots story I've seen on film. Clive Owen's Walter Raleigh is dashing enough but not enough is done with him. A fair amount of the history seems off.

I just found the whole movie kind of disappointing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up