Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: OPERATING ON ALL CYLINDERS  (Read 68495 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:OPERATING ON ALL CYLINDERS
« Reply #300 on: April 25, 2008, 11:04:04 PM »

PAGE 11 DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #301 on: April 25, 2008, 11:04:34 PM »

Doctor Who has started! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #302 on: April 25, 2008, 11:10:49 PM »

So... I noticed a message on my phone around 5:45pm.  It was Cohen's Optical informing me that all of my eyeglasses were in!  All three pairs!  -And I only picked them out yesterday!  *I'm guessing they may have put a "speedy" on it due to the amount of money I spent.  ;)  So, I finished whatever bit of cleaning I was doing, showered, and headed down to the store.  I got there about fifteen minutes before they closed, but it turned out that none of the frames needed any adjustments (at least not now).  So...

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #303 on: April 25, 2008, 11:11:16 PM »

LOL!  Me and my shrinking head!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #304 on: April 25, 2008, 11:17:17 PM »

After picking up my new eyeglasses, I headed up to Carnegie Hall for tonight's recital by Bryn Terfel and Malcolm Martineau...

I really could go on and on about just how wonderful the whole evening was.  It truly was one of the most musical, dramatic, humorous and generous vocal recitals I have ever attended.  He even invited the audience to hum along with him during "All Through The Night", and made "us" stand up to sing the refrain of "Molly Malone" since we were kind of "bad" during the first refrain.

*I wish I had gotten a better picture during their bows, but I just kept clapping and clapping and forgetting to take a pic.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #305 on: April 25, 2008, 11:22:44 PM »

One very cool thing about tonight's recital:  Malcolm Martineau, Mr. Terfel's pianist, was given a solo bow.  A very well-deserved solo bow.  His playing throughout was more than "supportive", it was practically telepathic at times.

One very "weird" thing about tonight's recital:  Most of the sheet music that Mr. Martineau was using was single-sided, loose copies.  The page-turner, consequently, basically stood up and turned pages twice as much as he would have normally (if the music was in a book, or copied back-to-back).  -Well, he actually slid the pages of music from right to left each time.  The page-turner also stayed on the stage between sets, which actually made me feel awkard. -I love page-turning, but I was also "taught" to leave the stage when the Artists leave the stage.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #306 on: April 25, 2008, 11:25:58 PM »

Nice new glasses, Jose!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #307 on: April 25, 2008, 11:33:06 PM »

Thanks, George!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #308 on: April 25, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »

Hmm... I thought my flight was leaving at 10:30am tomorrow/later today.  Well, I just double-checked my itinerary and it actually gets in to Dulles at 10:30am... It leaves JFK at 9:00am... Which means I really won't get much sleep tonight... However, there's still room on the Noon flight out of JFK... I'm just wondering if it's worth the change fee... Hmm... ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #309 on: April 25, 2008, 11:36:15 PM »

Well, regardless of what time I ended up heading out tomorrow, I should finish packing and get some sleep, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #310 on: April 25, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »

~~~Travel Vibes!!~~~

George

« Reply #311 on: April 25, 2008, 11:39:58 PM »

DR George, I have liked everything you decorated yourself.  

Are you saying your sister chose your paint colors for you? ;D Did you approve them before she painted? I can't recall-what are the colors?

Thanks, Jane!  Yes and yes. ;) The downstairs is a dusty kind of green and the upstairs is a light chocolate brown.  I don't have a picture of my upstairs yet (I will when I clean it all up to set up my TV) but here's a picture of my living room when it was all cleaned up.  It's not a recent picture, though. ::)

George

« Reply #312 on: April 25, 2008, 11:40:37 PM »

You can see my old (original) faucet at the bottom of the picture.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #313 on: April 26, 2008, 12:11:03 AM »

Well, it got to one minute or less and froze iDVD - I had to force quit and the entire three hour transfer was black, no picture.  Marvelous.  If anyone else has any ideas, let me know.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up