Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: CLOSER THAN EVER  (Read 78859 times)

Ginny

Re:CLOSER THAN EVER
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 06:21:27 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to The Vixter!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 06:33:39 AM »

We will need to act like adults today since Vixter is joining us.

I shall refrain from using any language or discussing any situations she did not experience in RENT.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 06:38:27 AM »

And the word of the day is: GIMCRACK!

::cue banjos::

Gimcrack corn and I don't care, Gimcrack corn and I don't care..

der Brucer

GIMCRACK - white powder sold by your personal trainer

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 07:10:53 AM »

Happy Birthday to the vixter.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 07:14:52 AM »

Good morning, all! I should have begun with today's posts. I went to bed last night after being unable to log on to the infamous page 16, and I've spent most of the past 45 minutes trying to finish reading page 16!

Once I realized it was going to be impossible, I thought I'd see if I could get to other pages.  Yep, 15, 17 and 18 and here I am.

DR FJL, the battle with musicians for THE BRAIN went on too long that I'm sure when the players were called about the show, the drummer told them he had a commitment tonight and the MD said, no problem. Of course, the fact that the MD didn't go any further with getting a sub for tonight means I think the MD's a rather inconsiderate, dim bulb, but I don't know all the circumstances. This is only speculative and I'm reticent. Yes, I am reticent.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 07:44:26 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 07:17:08 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!! Happiest of Birthday Wishes to the vixter !!!!!!

[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 07:37:51 AM »

Boy is that Page 16 ever broken!!!

It was driving me particularly crazy because I was installing a new router last night, and as I happened to be on HHW, I was thinking the router was jamming the loading of pages. Thankfully, I dropped off the site, loaded another site, and it flowed smoothly and quickly.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 07:38:59 AM »

RE: big brother and DR MBarnum's question and Neil.

I don't know why he was no mentioned on the finale. But he left for personal reasons (whatever they were). And i guess by leaving he gave him his money and his position on the show.

It is sort of funny though that 2 people who were evicted (sharon and ryan) made it to F4.

RE: the jury and their votes (don't read any further if you don't want to know).

afjdlajfkljd faj dafljsflafjs;afl jsafj fsfjaf;j lafj safjfj f ajffja fjj fsjfajf jaf jf lj kj
I was happy that sheila ended up voting for adam. She was so bitter towards him during the questioning. But for some reason i wish that sharon had voted for ryan. I really think that ryan did a lot to try to keep sharon. ANd to me it just seemed odd that she voted for adam to win.
I also cannot stand chelsia and thought she was awful. And was not happy james won the juror prize. I thought it would be between him, sheila and nat. Also, after the questioning (when it really happened days ago), adam was devastated. It seemed like they were much harder on him. So i was surprised he won by so many votes.
jafklj d;afj sajf ljsfljflkadj flj fljdlafj lafj lafj ljafl jfl ajl;jafl;j ;asfj jaffjfljl jlj
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 07:41:21 AM by Jennifer »

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 07:39:55 AM »

Good morning!

After three straight days of rain (total: 3 inches), we have gorgeous blue skies (an Irving Berlin reference) and cooler morning temperatures today. It's not supposed to get out of the 60s today, and it certainly feels that way. Very chilly outside.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 07:40:05 AM »

Happy Labor Day to Debra, aka vixmom
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2008, 07:41:34 AM »

Larry - oh, that's different

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2008, 07:42:14 AM »

TV Reminders:

WOMEN'S MURDER CLUB returns tonight at 10 p.m. on ABC. BOSTON LEGAL moves to Wednesdays for the next three weeks.

LAW & ORDER: SVU (with Robin Williams as guest star).

AMERICAN IDOL (Neil Diamond as guest mentor for the five remaining contestants).

NCIS is new and SHARK returns to CBS tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2008, 07:43:45 AM »

Today I hope to catch up with THE TUDORS and Sunday's COLD CASE along with last night's CSI: MIAMI.

The only thing that could change my plans is if a review copy of something comes in with an immediate release date. I still have Louis Malle's THE FIRE WITHIN to review, but it doesn't come out until May 13th.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2008, 07:44:00 AM »

no problem. Of course, the fact that the MD didn't go any further with getting a sub for tonight means I think the MD's a rather inconsiderate, dim bulb, but I don't know all the circumstances. This is only speculative and I'm reticent. Yes, I am reticent.

And I'm affable. Oh, yes! I am affable!

;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2008, 07:45:42 AM »

And, yes, DR singing nymph, I still use Internet Explorer. Why not? It's fast, it came with the computer and is easily recognized by my DSL connection.

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2008, 07:47:16 AM »

DR Cillaliz, re: allison on medium. You asked if she ever just wakes up (or if she always wakes up to dreams/visions).

Well i think they only show us when she wakes up to the dreams. Although i'm sure she doesn't dream every night!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2008, 07:49:50 AM »

RE: big brother and DR MBarnum's question and Neil.

I don't know why he was no mentioned on the finale. But he left for personal reasons (whatever they were). And i guess by leaving he gave him his money and his position on the show.

It is sort of funny though that 2 people who were evicted (sharon and ryan) made it to F4.

RE: the jury and their votes (don't read any further if you don't want to know).

afjdlajfkljd faj dafljsflafjs;afl jsafj fsfjaf;j lafj safjfj f ajffja fjj fsjfajf jaf jf lj kj
I was happy that sheila ended up voting for adam. She was so bitter towards him during the questioning. But for some reason i wish that sharon had voted for ryan. I really think that ryan did a lot to try to keep sharon. ANd to me it just seemed odd that she voted for adam to win.
I also cannot stand chelsia and thought she was awful. And was not happy james won the juror prize. I thought it would be between him, sheila and nat. Also, after the questioning (when it really happened days ago), adam was devastated. It seemed like they were much harder on him. So i was surprised he won by so many votes.
jafklj d;afj sajf ljsfljflkadj flj fljdlafj lafj lafj ljafl jfl ajl;jafl;j ;asfj jaffjfljl jlj

Not for vixter's eyes

I found this via Google:

(Neil) Garcia was only slightly less cryptic than (Joshuah) Welch's presumably producer-prepared explanation in a statement posted on his own MySpace blog on Monday evening (about one week after his departure from the show).

"Thank you so much for the outpouring care, support, and concern from all the Big Brother fans. This has been a difficult time for my family, which I am dealing with privately. The drama is slowly being resolved, and all is headed to a brighter place," wrote Garcia.

"I am now happy to say, that I am spending time with close friends and family. I wish Joshuah the best of luck and hope that he keeps up our brilliant strategy to win the big prize with my replacement, Sharon.  Please know that I will NOT be back to the Big Brother house and contrary to some web speculation, I was not let go for health reasons. Eeek! Again, thanks to each and every one of you for your support during all of this Big Brother business."

Garcia's explanation also included a postscript of, "-Shit Happens-     >: O."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 07:51:38 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2008, 07:51:28 AM »

I have one might be a stupid question.

DR Elmore posted that he got a tax refund check that he was not expecting (hence he is not depositing it).

Well in the US when a person/or accountant does their taxes, don't you already know how much you will have to pay/get back.

In canada you already know exactly what you will get back or pay. So i am really confused!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2008, 07:54:09 AM »

I have one might be a stupid question.

DR Elmore posted that he got a tax refund check that he was not expecting (hence he is not depositing it).

Well in the US when a person/or accountant does their taxes, don't you already know how much you will have to pay/get back.

In canada you already know exactly what you will get back or pay. So i am really confused!

The answer to your questions is "yes", and Larry was very much concerned because the check "appears to be" a refund check but that was not something he was expecting.  That means, of course, that there is some other reason for the money being sent to him -- the economic stimulus rebate or the IRS found an error and recomputed his taxes in Larry's favor or it's all a HUGE mistake and Larry would be liable to return any portion of the money he chose to spend when the IRS figures it out...hence Larry's reluctance to do anything until his accountant returns to the city.

I
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 10:43:27 AM by Ron Pulliam »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2008, 07:54:10 AM »

;D

That's nice...are you available?

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2008, 07:54:37 AM »

That's nice...are you available?

der Brucer

What did you have in mind?    ;D

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 08:00:54 AM by Ron Pulliam »

singdaw

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2008, 07:58:12 AM »

Isn't that for others to decide?      ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2008, 08:02:31 AM »

Today I hope to catch up with THE TUDORS and Sunday's COLD CASE along with last night's CSI: MIAMI.

I watched THE TUDORS last night; it's really moving and quite emotional.  From previews, I think there's going to be a ton of turmoil through the end of the season.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 08:02:42 AM »

You're ineligible to vote.  But should you attain eligibility, your first vote must be on the "reticence" of Elmo!

Sounds like a Walt Whitman poem:

"On the Reticence of Elmo"

der Brucer

singdaw

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 08:03:15 AM »

You're ineligible to vote.

Because I'm not yet of age?  How kind of you!    8)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2008, 08:03:35 AM »

Boy is that Page 16 ever broken!!!

I thought it was only me--I tried for hours (well, minutes anyway) to log on last night and finally gave up.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2008, 08:04:13 AM »

Isn't that for others to decide?      ;D

:-*

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2008, 08:04:16 AM »

DR Jane was discussing Bryan's move and moving company options and the way that DR Woody explained his move.  Woody REALLY hates two dollar bills. And Matt started describing his viewing yesterday.  I think that covers most of page 16.   I posted a lot of nothing to get us to page 17

Thank you, Cillaliz!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2008, 08:05:14 AM »

I thought it was only me--I tried for hours (well, minutes anyway) to log on last night and finally gave up.

I managed to see the page in question.  DR S. Woody had about 208 or so  :P icons strung out in one row sending the entire page into CinemaScope 55!   :o  It was a RANT against some guys who pay for their purchases in legal tender, but that the store folks HATE HATE HATE the 2-dollar bills and 1-dollar coins these guys use.  

::)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 08:12:08 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2008, 08:07:13 AM »

Whatever happened to the idea that if you have a commitment and can't make it, you let people know as soon as you know, with plenty of time so that they can take steps to do something about it?  

I'm afraid that's a thing of the past with many people. I still do so, and greatly appreciate when others do. But sooo many people today are blase and take the attitude "It's not my problem."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up