Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: CLOSER THAN EVER  (Read 78889 times)

singdaw

Re:CLOSER THAN EVER
« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »

Somehow, Dancing Dilods doesn't quite have the same ring...

singdaw

« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2008, 02:28:49 PM »

***DENTAL VIBES***[/size][/color]
to DR Jane!!![/size][/color]

singdaw

« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2008, 02:29:27 PM »

Time to get my act together and take it on the road...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2008, 02:32:25 PM »

Wait a minute.....Larry isn't Rosemary's Baby?

I know Rosemary's baby! Rafael Ferrer, brother of Miguel. Rafael used to date someone very famous.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2008, 02:33:33 PM »

Well... Rosemary ain't that old.

;D
[size=8]Bitch!
[/size]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2008, 02:36:23 PM »

OK - A dog question/request for advice from me...

My brother, Don, recently got another dog, another miniature dachshund.  Her name is Sugar.  She's generally sweet-natured, but...

It seems that she was taken away from her mother too early.  And then was "given back" to the breeder shortly thereafter.  -And then my brother and his ex-wife picked her out for their daughter, Alexandra.  One of their other dogs had died last year, so they got Sugar so that Jacks/Bud would have a new playmate/companion - Jax is also a miniature dachshund.  Well...

It appears that Sugar does not know how to pee "properly".  She pees like a boy dog by lifting her leg.  My brother thinks she's just copying Jacks. She's also very excitable - excitable to the point where she'll just "leak" every now and then.

One thing I've noticed is that whenever you initially approach her, she tries to run and hide - usually squeezes herself along the kitchen cabinets.  But then once you approach her, she's all over you.

Right now, my brother has set up the kitchen area as her area.  There are gates set up to keep her in, and he's also placed a "pad" on the floor for her to pee and poop - which she seems to keep to.  However, yesterday, when I was here, and had let one of the gates down so that she could walk around a bit, she actually pushed one of her stools (not the chair type) out of the kitchen area and onto the carpet in the living room.  ???

I have taken her out for a few walks every now and then, and I've noticed that she does not do her business outside - even when her "brother" Jacks does his stuff.

So, I'm wondering if there's anything I could tell my brother to help Sugar get a bit more settled.  Unfortunately, due to his work schedule, the dogs are left alone from early in the morning to the late afternoon. Should he keep the TV on?  Would it be better to set up a larger area for Sugar to play in during the day?  *Oh, and when you call Sugar, she usually immediately runs right for the puppy carrier - and it seems that she likes to stay in there. ???

-Or is it just a matter of letting some time go by and let Sugar grow up a bit more?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2008, 02:39:10 PM »

[size=8]Bitch!
[/size]

That's our Larry!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »

The bumper of the loaner is filled with scuffs and scratches, none of which was caused today (I looked carefully) - I believe that the way this bumper is (height and all) that the license plate of the loaner is what really hit his car and did the damage.  

MBarnum

« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2008, 02:41:41 PM »

A most happy birthday to The Vixter!!!!!!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2008, 02:47:51 PM »

I really have no clew as to why this tummy thing is obstinately hanging on like this - it's been since Saturday and I'm about to have to bitch-slap Ye Olde Tummy from here to eternity and hell and back.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2008, 02:48:02 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2008, 02:48:44 PM »

Shortly I shall be on my way to the Heim of Ana for our final dress rehearsal.  I can only hope that the lighting designer is there early to adjust four cues that have to be fixed because of changed blocking.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2008, 02:49:25 PM »

I really have no clew as to why this tummy thing is obstinately hanging on like this - it's been since Saturday and I'm about to have to bitch-slap Ye Olde Tummy from here to eternity and hell and back.

Hmm... How much Diet Coke have you had since Saturday?  Are you also feeling light-headed/dizzy? Or is it just the tummy?
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2008, 02:58:38 PM »

OK - A dog question/request for advice from me...

My brother, Don, recently got another dog, another miniature dachshund.  Her name is Sugar.  She's generally sweet-natured, but...

It seems that she was taken away from her mother too early.  And then was "given back" to the breeder shortly thereafter.  -And then my brother and his ex-wife picked her out for their daughter, Alexandra.  One of their other dogs had died last year, so they got Sugar so that Jacks/Bud would have a new playmate/companion - Jax is also a miniature dachshund.  Well...

It appears that Sugar does not know how to pee "properly".  She pees like a boy dog by lifting her leg.  My brother thinks she's just copying Jacks. She's also very excitable - excitable to the point where she'll just "leak" every now and then.

One thing I've noticed is that whenever you initially approach her, she tries to run and hide - usually squeezes herself along the kitchen cabinets.  But then once you approach her, she's all over you.

Right now, my brother has set up the kitchen area as her area.  There are gates set up to keep her in, and he's also placed a "pad" on the floor for her to pee and poop - which she seems to keep to.  However, yesterday, when I was here, and had let one of the gates down so that she could walk around a bit, she actually pushed one of her stools (not the chair type) out of the kitchen area and onto the carpet in the living room.  ???

I have taken her out for a few walks every now and then, and I've noticed that she does not do her business outside - even when her "brother" Jacks does his stuff.

So, I'm wondering if there's anything I could tell my brother to help Sugar get a bit more settled.  Unfortunately, due to his work schedule, the dogs are left alone from early in the morning to the late afternoon. Should he keep the TV on?  Would it be better to set up a larger area for Sugar to play in during the day?  *Oh, and when you call Sugar, she usually immediately runs right for the puppy carrier - and it seems that she likes to stay in there. ???

-Or is it just a matter of letting some time go by and let Sugar grow up a bit more?

I'd take it back.  Too neurotic.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 03:09:02 PM by elmore3003 »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2008, 03:54:06 PM »

TA-DA!  A decision has been made!  Sweetwater Tavern.

And something tells me that there will be a Warm Flourless Chocolate Waffle in my dining future tonight.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: April 29, 2008, 03:54:24 PM »

Jesus! I stopped traffic for an hour.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: April 29, 2008, 03:59:01 PM »

Jesus! I stopped traffic for an hour.

Was that the follow-up song to Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take The Wheel"?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: April 29, 2008, 04:02:13 PM »

Hmm... Just saw this on the news...  It will interesting to see if this catches on in the dining world.

Turtle Tip
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: April 29, 2008, 04:05:51 PM »

I'm off to see THE ADDING MACHINE.  Back later.

FJL

« Reply #229 on: April 29, 2008, 04:08:24 PM »

See you there, Larry.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2008, 04:17:03 PM »

Will you, FJL, be operating "The Adding Machine"?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #231 on: April 29, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »

Disappointing afternoon.  My "Fall of the Roman Empire" was supposed to be delivered today.  The tracking system says "out for delivery."

But delivery came...and went...and left me muttin'.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 04:18:38 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2008, 04:19:20 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO
[/color][/b]

THE LEGENDARY VIXTER
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #233 on: April 29, 2008, 04:20:52 PM »

Somehow, Dancing Dilods doesn't quite have the same ring...

No, not as resonant as dancing singdaws, is it!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: April 29, 2008, 04:22:26 PM »

OH!  Enjoy the show, DRs elmore and FJL!

*And, since it only lasts an hour and a half, you could probably walk over to Bleecker to partake of some gelato at Cones, some pastries and other goodies at Rocco's, and I think Amy's Bread may still be open when you get out.  Of course, you could head up to Charles Street and Seventh Avenue South to get to Birdbath before they close at 10:00 - half-price baked good after 8:00!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #235 on: April 29, 2008, 04:26:07 PM »

And speaking of food - and ain't I always? - I'm off to dinner!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #236 on: April 29, 2008, 04:35:56 PM »

Bon appetit!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #237 on: April 29, 2008, 05:01:04 PM »

On another, my bad, note:  I figured out why I got the excited email about Saawariya the other day.  It doesn't street until next week.  Sony complained to eBay and I had to remove the listing.  I never pay attention to street dates when I get these screeners, as we're on a time schedule to get reviews done no matter what the street date is.  I guess I have to be more careful when I list stuff on eBay.

No, just start selling them on e-bay Hong Kong.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #238 on: April 29, 2008, 05:17:16 PM »

All I know of this innuendo is that once Larry sends you "the master" and he doesn't get a CD out of it in a reasonable amount of time, someone in leather with a cat o'nine tails may show up at your door.

Pray it won't be Larry!     :-*

Why not?  That way they could both enjoy the experience.
“One thing’s universal,

3DDiffusion

« Reply #239 on: April 29, 2008, 05:20:13 PM »

Three suggestions....

Have both dogs had obedience training? If not, they should have some.

Have a "dog whisperer" do a little communing with Sugar.

Get Sugar a kitten!
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up