Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: CLOSER THAN EVER  (Read 78883 times)

Cillaliz

Re:CLOSER THAN EVER
« Reply #270 on: April 29, 2008, 06:37:27 PM »

Well I havea hearing, 3 motions a brief and a sentencing memorandum to finish up before I leave on Thursday.   It sounds overwhelming, but I'll get it all done.  I may work on it a little tonight...or I'll just do it at the office tomorrow.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2008, 06:38:39 PM »

DR Sandra, how many $2 bills do you want to collect?

As many as possible.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2008, 06:42:40 PM »

Every puppy I've ever had has "leaked" when meeting new people.  It has nothing to do with nervousness, it's just a lack of bladder control when they're young.

Jose, I'd say if the dog likes her (his?) crate, that's great.  Blanche loves her and will stay in there even if we leave the door open.  I do think it's not good to leave young dogs alone for that long, however.  Just my two cents worth.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #273 on: April 29, 2008, 06:45:07 PM »

JMK, I understood Sugar is not left in the crate but an enclosed area with the crate inside for her to use as she wishes.  

Jose, how large is the area Sugar is left in during the day, and is Jacks with her?

Jane

« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2008, 06:48:35 PM »

JMK, I have only had one puppy that "leaked".  Sadly I have had many older dogs that did more than leak.  If I had to choose one over the other, I guess I would prefer it during the puppy stage.

Jane

« Reply #275 on: April 29, 2008, 06:49:37 PM »

As many as possible.

Hundreds? :o  How many have you collected so far?  Do you have a year preference or will any $2 bill do?

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #276 on: April 29, 2008, 06:53:15 PM »

Hundreds? :o  How many have you collected so far?  Do you have a year preference or will any $2 bill do?

So far I have $156. Any two-dollar bill will do.

I'm friends with some of the people who count the deposits in the garage office, so I want to make a whole deposit of two-dollar bills. Just to mess with my friends.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #277 on: April 29, 2008, 06:56:35 PM »

I would be fine with a $2 bill as change.  In fact I would think it is fun.  

How many can you send DR Sandra?  

When I was in college, I had some photocopies made and included in the change was a 1928 $2!!  It was ripped and had been taped and not in good condition at all, but I still have it...somewhere. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #278 on: April 29, 2008, 06:56:56 PM »

Well, I need to leave.  Have a good evening, all. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #279 on: April 29, 2008, 06:58:50 PM »

But before I go, I posted this last night, but I should post it on her actual birthday:

A Very Happy Birthday to new DR Vixter!! ;D

Can't wait until you actually start posting. :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2008, 07:00:12 PM »

I also could not get to page 16 at all last night...and I also cannot imagine a rant about 2 dollar bills or dollar coins. While cashiering for many years at Bi-Mart it never bothered me or any of the other cashiers, to my recollection.
If it were just one or two of the bills or coins, it wouldn't be a problem.

These guys are purchasing fifty - sixty - seventy dollars worth of goods at a time.

There is a major difference.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2008, 07:01:04 PM »

I'm friends with some of the people who count the deposits in the garage office, so I want to make a whole deposit of two-dollar bills. Just to mess with my friends.

;D  

With that confession I wonder if SWW will send you any of his. ;)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2008, 07:01:49 PM »

If it were just one or two of the bills or coins, it wouldn't be a problem.

These guys are purchasing fifty - sixty - seventy dollars worth of goods at a time.

There is a major difference.

If I got seventy dollars in two-dollar bills I would plotz with absolute giddiness.

Jane

« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2008, 07:07:26 PM »

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2008, 07:08:49 PM »

I don't mind sharing colleges with Sen. McCain, but I have just discovered I share High Schools with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright!

der Brucer
Which probably explains why you get loud when you get excited.

No euphemism intended.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2008, 07:10:04 PM »

Just to mess with your friends.

That explains a lot.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2008, 07:15:47 PM »

A number of years ago? It's the same basic 5-6 plots on every soap every damned day!

I'm up to 11 plot points now:
...10. safe sex is non-existent
Cue Bernadette singing "Making Love Alone."

;)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2008, 07:16:27 PM »

JMK, I understood Sugar is not left in the crate but an enclosed area with the crate inside for her to use as she wishes.  

Jose, how large is the area Sugar is left in during the day, and is Jacks with her?

I didn't think she was left in a crate, but Jose said she's left alone for 6 (was that it?) hours, which I think is too long for a young dog.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Michael

« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2008, 07:16:49 PM »

If you pray for Rosemary's Baby

Does that mean you pray for Miguel Ferrer?
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2008, 07:18:42 PM »

And anything worth saying is worth repeating.     8)
No.  Nonononono.

I caused enough trouble last night.

Jane

« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2008, 07:19:27 PM »

I’m sorry I will miss the arrival of our new DR Vixter, if she does arrive tonight.

DR Vixter, wherever you are I hope you are having fun!

Jane

« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2008, 07:20:54 PM »

I didn't think she was left in a crate, but Jose said she's left alone for 6 (was that it?) hours, which I think is too long for a young dog.

Too many hours, I'm sure.

Jane

« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2008, 07:21:35 PM »

Off to watch LARS AND THE REAL GIRL

'night

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2008, 07:38:48 PM »

Hmm... Just saw this on the news...  It will interesting to see if this catches on in the dining world.

Turtle Tip
Oooh, hostile much?

In an honest world, the customer would leave notice as to why he/she is stiffing the waiter.  But no, the idea of a confrontation is too much for some people.  (There may have been a good reason for the slow service, like trying to take care of too many tables at one time.  But that never happens.)

Let's put it another way, Jose.  Would you think it fair if your employers paid you less because they didn't like your tempi?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2008, 07:41:35 PM »

If you pray for Rosemary's Baby

Does that mean you pray for Miguel Ferrer?

Rafael Ferrer is Rosemary's Baby.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

The Vixter

« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2008, 07:46:13 PM »

thank you so much for the birthday greetings, and for letting me on the site!!!!! I'm so excited!!!

I SLEEP NOW. * falls asleep*
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #296 on: April 29, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »

I'm back from a wonderful evening with DR FJL at a most unusual and stimulating theatre piece, THE ADDING MACHINE. I thought about it all the way home in the taxi and I think I recommend it as a must-see to everyone: it's unusual, it's challenging, it has an interesting score, wonderful direction and a really fine cast.  I saw my friend Danny Marcus, who's in the show and understudy to the lead, and my friend Randy Blair, St Dominic of THE TRAGIC & HORRIBLE LIFE OF THE SINGING NUN, who's Danny's understudy. DR FJL saw his friend Adinah, who played the would-be girlfriend of Mr Zero, and we both saw Jeff Blumenkrantz who was there to see Adinah.

Thank you, DR FJL!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2008, 07:50:29 PM »

Let me just say how much fun it is to go to the theater with DR elmore!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #298 on: April 29, 2008, 07:51:28 PM »

Welcome, Vixter! I hope you had a Cherry Coke-filled birthday.

FJL

« Reply #299 on: April 29, 2008, 07:55:54 PM »

Interesting question, whether it would be fair if employers paid you less because they didn't like your tempi.  Well, from what i've seen, chances are a musician wouldn't be hired again by those people who didn't like his/her tempi.  And people in many positions get fired all the time or at least get smaller raises because they don't work fast enough to please their bosses.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up