Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A ZOMBIE IN NEED OF A HICKY  (Read 33237 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:A ZOMBIE IN NEED OF A HICKY
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2004, 12:12:34 PM »

Maybe I should put my one other credit in as well!   ;D

Is that the one where you sleep your way to the top?

der Brucer (Just Kidding - not to be confused with calving)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2004, 12:12:56 PM »

Since I've never seen AMERICAN IDOL I have never heard William Hung.  However if they are starting to get contestants in the vein of Jonathan & Darlene, Mrs. Miller and Florence Foster Jenkins I may have to start watching.  Is Hung that good/bad?

William Hung is not on the show anymore. He only did his one audition for the judges. And did NOT make it to Hollywood (where the 100 best are taken).

Here is his website, which I just pulled up now to show you:

http://www.williamhung.net/

Oh btw, did anyone see Jimmy Fallon's portrayal of William on last Saturday's Saturday Night Live? It was funny!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2004, 12:12:59 PM »

LOL...thanks JMK!  Maybe I should put my one other credit in as well!   ;D

Would that be the one you did with John Holmes?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2004, 12:14:04 PM »

Panni I know what you mean about not feeling attractive.  I also thought I was fat & unattractive.  Way back when, I thought Penny was beautiful, still do, and she thought I was just being humble about my looks.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2004, 12:16:57 PM »

I too am in the IMDB.  I suspect Bruce and Panni are as well.

Tomovoz

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2004, 12:19:52 PM »

DERBRUCER: Koalas are indeed marsupials but have been referred to as "Native Bears" and  more often as "Koala Bears" since the white invasion of this country. The Macquarie Dictionary (Australian) offers the term "Koala Bear" as a legitimate term. You don't have to be a bear to be a bear.
Thanks for giving Colin's painting another showing.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2004, 12:22:55 PM »

I have big news.

REAL big news (ooh a JRB PARADE reference!)

The haircut is happening today at 4pm.   Hair vibes must be sent.

The final style decision?

Take a gander and tell me what you think?

Is that you Emily? ;)  If not, I can't give an opinion.  Where is a picture of you? :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 12:42:58 PM by Jane »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2004, 12:23:53 PM »

Three different folks I have tried to direct to this here joint have told me they can find the site, but can't figure out how to get to the discussion threads. Inasmuch as the design is less than perfectly intuitive, I have prepared the following Guide to HHW for Dummies:

1. Go to www.HainesHisWay.com

2. At the right side of the screen you will see a section entitled “bk’s notes II”; at the end (you wish) of the notes there is a link labeled “Unseemly Button” – click!

3. You will now be presented with the rest of the daily sermon notes; go all the way down to the bottom and you will finally see a link labeled “Now Visit The Haines His Way Community Forums” – click! (The purists among us know it should be “fora”, but any attempt to bring this to BK’s attention would launch a stream of “for a” puns that would consume a whole daily thread.)

4. Now you see a more familiar looking screen with the first topic being the Daily Discussion threads. (All the threads can be read, but only the current thread will accept postings.)

Quiz for all DRs:

1. Did you read all of John Galt’s speech in “Atlas Shrugged”?
2. Did you read all the bear stories in “Garp”?
3. Do you read each and every word in the bk notes?

IF you answered "Yes" to all three questions you win an “I Loved Moby Dick” bumper sticker!

der evil-Brucer

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »

Jennifer, if the voters are influenced by the judges' comments, all the better.  I think the judges give their honest opinions and last night they were dead on...the two that got picked were the two most deserving candidates...head and shoulders above everyone else in that group...with strong voices, good stage presence and showmanship and professionalism.  

I disagree. I don't think it's good that the judges manipulate the public into voting for who they want.  I agree that Fantasia was very good.  But IMO the judges had already decided who they wanted voted in (I head them say it on other shows).

And:

And God knows, the judges don't always agree with each other and the audience hardly ever rubber-stamps the judges' opinions...Last year. Josh Gracin kept coming back for weeks long after he should have been eliminated...it had more to do with cheap, easy patriotism because he was a Marine than his dodgy talent.  And he wasn't any judges' favourite.

Once the top 12 are chosen I don't think the judges have as much power. Because you are not voting one person in. You are voting 11 people in. So anyone with any fan base can go far.

DERBRUCER wrote:
Don't you think "sex appeal" entered the equation?

I agree with CharlesPogue here.  I think Josh went so far because he was a marine. I didn't find him good, or sexy. But that is just me.

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2004, 12:30:11 PM »

That's not DR Emily. That's a picture of some girl with the hair DR Emily is getting today!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2004, 12:30:22 PM »

First kiss - must have been in High School, although I don't remember much.  First kiss that ever meant ANYTHING to me had to have been somewhere in the last nine weeks or so with my new guy, Eric, (a pastry chef!) who I'm convinced is my soul mate.  Nice to see you all again.  :)

Jennifer

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2004, 12:35:13 PM »

Hey DR DerBrucer: You could tell your friends that once they have read the notes, they can simply go to haineshisway.com/community and click on the day's topic.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2004, 12:37:07 PM »

Bruce, with all this talk about your book, I was thinking you would ask today’s question.  I believe last time you asked when our first kiss was.  It was a long way from my first kiss in kindergarten, to my first real kiss in high school.  I will post about that later-MAYBE.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2004, 12:39:11 PM »

Who's John Galt?  Does he have a website, too?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2004, 12:42:17 PM »

That's not DR Emily. That's a picture of some girl with the hair DR Emily is getting today!

I think I should add a wink after that statement-I knew.   ;D

Jed

« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2004, 12:47:24 PM »

Well, first kiss of any sort would have been on the playground in first grade with my friend Mary Lou (now just Mary, and she's a nurse in Tacoma).  Then there were a few friendly little smooches in high school that didn't mean anything... just a little peck between friends.  As for the first "real" kiss, the type you feel down to your toes, that wasn't until my freshman year of college.  A girl named Theresa and I had become good friends through our music theory class, and we both realized this was going somewhere, and one afternoon we suddenly found ourselves in a liplock in her dorm room.  Started off a very nice relationship over the next few months.  Still friends, and she's getting married in May!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2004, 12:49:10 PM »

First kiss - must have been in High School, although I don't remember much.  First kiss that ever meant ANYTHING to me had to have been somewhere in the last nine weeks or so with my new guy, Eric, (a pastry chef!) who I'm convinced is my soul mate.  Nice to see you all again.  :)

Welcome back, Matthew.  That's great news about your new guy.  Hope he turns out to be your soul mate.  Hell, he can make the wedding cake himself.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2004, 12:49:33 PM »

Hi Matthew. Nice story. :)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2004, 12:51:59 PM »

OZians aren't the only bear lovers:

Here is DR SWWs favorite travelling companion, "Buster Bear", who has been just about everywhere that Woody's gone.

and here is Bonnie cudding with her Panda Bear:

der Brucer (who's bear is still packed in a box)

Tomovoz

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2004, 12:57:19 PM »

Good to hear from you Matthew - and with such warm news.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2004, 01:02:38 PM »

Sondheim fans might like this bear:

For a look at all of the 43 Broadway Cares Bears go to Playbill and enter "Bears" under the Multimedia Search criteria.

der Brucer (who wishes he could afford a Broadway Care Bear)

Jane

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »

DerBrucer-so cute.  When I was eight I left my bear in Mexico.  Since then I leave my stuffed (yes I used the word stuffed) animals at home.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2004, 01:04:41 PM »

Who's John Galt?  Does he have a website, too?

No, no, no.  Who IS John Galt, please.  This is Ayn Rand; contractions are NOT done.    :P

Speaking of "Atlas Shrugged," did anyone else throw the book across the room when the secret society was revealed?  I'll be James Hilton did.   :o
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2004, 01:14:53 PM »

This is so good, I'm going to repeat it:

"It's so hard to believe that what the world wants is us. It's hard to believe, whatever you're doing, that you're enough. We are all, always, enough."

Yes!!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2004, 01:16:57 PM »

DR Jane: I assume "Stuffed" means overfed. Surely you do not have "pretend animals" at home. Was that bear left to fend for himself in Mexico. Do you ever write? What a cruel world.
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2004, 01:17:36 PM »

DerBrucer-that second bear isn't cute-just creepy.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2004, 01:22:23 PM »

I too am in the IMDB.  I suspect Bruce and Panni are as well.

Yes, but half my credits are missing (although they do have more than many other sites). I've tried to send them my full list, but nothing has changed. Perhaps I sent it to the wrong place. Where does one write?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2004, 01:28:47 PM »

WEL, William Hung is not on the show, nor do I expect him to be as a singer. They may have him on as a special audience guest at some point this season, but his appearing as one of the finalists would negate the very concept of the show, and Simon Cowell would never stand for that.

Mrs. Miller and Tiny Tim were novelty acts that people enjoyed as freakish performers who happened to "sing," but they were not and would never have been considered potential pop idols which is what they're trying to find for AMERICAN IDOL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2004, 01:32:27 PM »

So, the TIVO unit froze about ten minutes after it froze the last time.  Brilliant.  So, I unplugged it from the back of the unit - the phone rang - I pulled the chord out a bit to hook it under the machine so it wouldn't slide back behind the TV.  It came unplugged and there is no way for me to move the TV to get back there and plug it in.  Brilliant.

Robin

« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2004, 01:35:45 PM »

Speaking of "Atlas Shrugged," did anyone else throw the book across the room when the secret society was revealed?

I got about 40 pages into it, and gave up.  Objectivism, objectively speaking, is subjectively boring.  
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up