Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: TRADITION  (Read 29428 times)

FJL

Re:TRADITION
« Reply #210 on: May 27, 2008, 09:22:37 PM »

Did I already post the link to the final version of the poster?  

http://villagetheatre.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/last-starfighter.gif

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #211 on: May 27, 2008, 09:24:31 PM »

I think I have just finished my last meeting for the month of May. I have had five.

The next meeting is June 1.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: May 27, 2008, 09:26:13 PM »

Love the poster!  Did you make a lot of changes?

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: May 27, 2008, 09:26:26 PM »

To the show, not the poster ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: May 27, 2008, 09:27:17 PM »

Congrats on the final meeting....I just realized that I forgot to go to a meeting tonight.  

June 1 is just around the corner, you know  ;D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 09:27:58 PM by Cillaliz »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #215 on: May 27, 2008, 09:49:20 PM »

I'm trying out a new look...

Lovely....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2008, 09:49:47 PM »

I also briefly considered this:

I like hte above look better... It shows off your pearly whites!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: May 27, 2008, 09:50:02 PM »

Good evening one and all!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2008, 09:51:47 PM »

Exceptional and Extraordinary vibes for bk the next several weeks!!

Feel better vibes for TCB!!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2008, 09:52:31 PM »

Good evening, DakotaCelt.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

FJL

« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2008, 09:56:55 PM »

Lots of changes since you saw it, Cilla.  And several rewrites to try some new things went in between Friday night's performance and Saturday night, especially to the last five or six minutes of the show (following the battle).

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #221 on: May 27, 2008, 10:02:10 PM »

Anti bug vibes for Jason!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: May 27, 2008, 10:02:37 PM »

I gotta tell you.  I made a rather interesting discovery this evening over at a certain theater chat board populated mostly by teens.

There has been a poster there who posts whenever anything about the LuPone Gypsy CD is posted.  Very defensive most of the time.  In one of those threads I suggested that people not expect it out quickly given the producer's history - his Annie recording took a year to come out, he was finally removed from the Paper Mill Follies mix because, after six months he STILL wasn't finished.  So, this poster complained to the mods of the board and they removed my post and several others that basically agreed with mine.  Then this poster began saying really nasty things about me at every turn.  I don't know why I'm so damnably slow sometimes, but tonight there was yet another thread about the Gypsy CD and sure as shootin' this guy responded and obviously from a position of knowledge.  So, I went into his profile, where one can see all his posts.  He registered on the board in February of this year.  ALL his posts are about Time Life cast albums - he posts raves about any album produced by the producer of the Time Life albums.  The only other couple of posts that aren't about him are ones where he knocks other cast album CDs and their producers.  I reread his posts about me and yes, it's very clear that the poster is no one other than the record producer of the Time Life albums.  

I outed him and the post was removed.  I then wrote the mods and told them they had twenty-four hours to remove his scurrolous posts about me - because they can't have it both ways.  If they're not gone, I will be there at every opportunity to out this "person" over and over again.  They can keep removing them, and that's how they'll be spending all their time.  You'd think this producer would be over his bitterness about me (after my one and only experience in working with him in the studio, I told him I would NEVER work with him again).  His history speaks for itself - sometimes taking up to a year or even more to mix an album.  One particular CD, a revival of a well-loved and huge cult musical by the theater's finest composer/lyricist (who recently had a limited edition CD on a lovely label), is legendary - not for its quality, but for the fact that he took six months to mix it, still wasn't finished, and was finally taken out of the mixing room, the CD being finished by someone else close to the composer/lyricist.

Watch your ASS, sir, because we've got your number now.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2008, 10:02:38 PM »

Congrats FJL!!!

Nice to see you again Tomovoz! I hope all is well!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2008, 10:05:12 PM »

Hello Laura!  

Hello bk!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2008, 10:05:54 PM »

TOD:

Lawrence of Arabia
RAiders of the Lost ARk
How the West was Won

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2008, 10:20:08 PM »

TCB, no productions for the nonce.  I'm putting my writing hat back on for the summer.

MBarnum, thanks for the SCREAMING MIMI reminder...Fredric Brown is one of my favourite writers.  The film is not that great, as I remember...but certainly worth another look...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: May 27, 2008, 10:27:34 PM »

I gotta tell you.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2008, 10:33:48 PM »

in the mail today:

Dracula - DVD and CD
Poseidon - an upside down musical.

No doubt Dr George has these already.  They are a surprise gift from a friend. I hope my very basic French will help a little in following the "plot" of the Canadian musical "Dracula - Entre L'amour at la morte".

Umm...actually, I don't have either of these. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2008, 10:41:26 PM »

Listening to one of my all-time favorite John Williams scores - The Accidental Tourist.  Recently reissued (it was a very pricey oop cd) on Film Score Monthly - I got four new FSM releases today - The Wreck Of The Mary Deare/Twilight of Honor, The Accidental Tourist, Ice Pirates, and Under Fire.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2008, 10:41:49 PM »

We love our Fredric Brown - prolific and fun and terrific.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2008, 10:42:23 PM »

The book of Screaming Mimi is great - the movie a lot less so, although it's directed by one of my favorite outre directors, Mr. Gerd Oswald.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: May 27, 2008, 10:42:56 PM »

Funnily, even though I had my electricity finally, I was just too pooped to watch a DVD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2008, 10:46:45 PM »

Welcome ten GUESTS.

George

« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2008, 10:59:22 PM »

Fredric Brown! Hmmm. Now I'm intrigued!

Me, too!  I haven't read everything that he's written, but I've really liked everything that I have read of his. :)

I set my DVR for this. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #235 on: May 27, 2008, 11:04:28 PM »

There's also this book cover:

George

« Reply #236 on: May 27, 2008, 11:07:25 PM »

And this one:

:)

George

« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2008, 11:16:53 PM »

And even this "in production" graphic novel adaptation:

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: May 27, 2008, 11:30:57 PM »

And this one:

:)

That's the cover of the original hardback - almost impossible to find in pristine condition - in fact, I have never seen a pristine copy of it anywhere.

FJL

« Reply #239 on: May 27, 2008, 11:36:32 PM »

If you've gotta tell us, tell us - which chat board?  Initials will do.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up