Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COMING OF SEPTEMBER  (Read 28139 times)

Ben

Re:THE COMING OF SEPTEMBER
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2008, 07:06:18 AM »

I feel the same way, Ginny. But I turn him off completely.

I leave the room

Ben

« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2008, 07:06:32 AM »

And on that happy note, welcome to Page 2

td

• td
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2008, 07:09:27 AM »

If Gore had become president, we would not have a vice president who shoots his friends instead of the quarry. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2008, 07:09:45 AM »

HAPPY NATAL DAY DR JOSE!

td

• td
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2008, 07:10:01 AM »

HAPPY NATAL DAY DR JRAND!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2008, 07:11:11 AM »

tod:
I was never a fan of Al Gore, but I feel that Bush's administration has set us back many years. Yes, 9/11 still would have happened. But would the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina been such a disaster?

I know many Republicans who voted for Bush, only to soon feel angry and deceived. IMO, Al Gore might not have been a great president, but I don't think there would be quite so much distrust of government or quite so much polarization.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2008, 07:12:05 AM »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2008, 07:15:39 AM »

And the word of the day is: PEREGRINATION!
Charles Kuralt was known for his stories about the people he met during his PEREGRINATION around the country, but it took a news bureau TRAINEE ROPING him back in to make sure the stories got filed on time.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2008, 07:17:04 AM »

[size=20]Happy

Birthday

DR

Jose![/size]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 07:17:26 AM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2008, 07:18:10 AM »

[size=20]Happy

Birthday

DR

JRand![/size]

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2008, 07:18:43 AM »

Those are in alpha order, in case you were wondering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2008, 07:21:45 AM »

Happy Birthday Jose!!!

I hope you have a lovely day full for freinds and suprises...

I will have a rocky road mocha in your honor....

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2008, 07:22:34 AM »

Happy Birthday Jrand.....

I hope you have a lovely day full of freinds and surprises... You dont look a day past 45!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2008, 07:26:49 AM »

TOTD:

I suspect it may have been not only a "greener world" but that there would have been less hate!

Yes I'm an outsider but President Bush's administration has created so much Anti USA feeling and in some ways has divided the world by unifying!

Perhaps it has been the Oil Power people who have been pulling the strings but the Administration allowed it to happen.

Who really knows about alternative presents and futures?

Calling Dr Who?

Tom,

You are not the first person I have heard that from. Over the last several years I have met students who come into the library from a number of countries who have said basically the same thing about Bush. As one young man from Nigeria said, "The americans are decent but you have an idiot for a president that has no repsect for others" that is a direct quote from Dayo...

He has done more to antagonize relations than build him. Gore may not have been perfect but at least he did not tick off the world while he was VP.

I truly think with both Bush and Cheney in office and their connections to Oil has led to soem of the issues we are seeing. Yes demand is rising but they saw dollar signs and a way to feather their pockets and the heck with everyone else.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2008, 07:27:35 AM »

Good morning!

It has been raining all morning and promises to continue most of the day. Obviously, I have my windows open for fresh air, and I'm loving it.

We needed this rain desperately, but I'll be mowing the front yard at some point this weekend.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2008, 07:29:40 AM »

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]Happy Birthday to DR JoseSPiano!!![/size][/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2008, 07:30:26 AM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]Happy Birthday to DR JRand!!![/size][/move]

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2008, 07:31:04 AM »

Well, it's errand day for this kid, so I really should get moving.

TTFN.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2008, 07:31:42 AM »

TOD - Well, if Gore had won the election, I probably wouldn't mute the TV or switch to a CD in the car whenever the President comes on to talk.  I find it excruciating to listen to W.

You are not the only one.... If I am home, I have a tape of something more interesting in the vcr i can turn on instantly when I see his mug when he is speaking...

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2008, 07:31:43 AM »

I will be finishing the 2 1/2 episodes of THE SHIELD that I have left. There are some bonus features on the fourth disc in the set, too, so I'll be watching those as well and hopefully finishing up the set so I can have the evening free for fun viewing.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2008, 07:32:02 AM »

If Gore had become president, we would not have a vice president who shoots his friends instead of the quarry. . .

That is true!  

Amy

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2008, 07:32:28 AM »

If Gore had been president I don't believe we would have gone to war with Iraq, since the rest of the world was so against the idea. And my nephew wouldn't have been hit in the face with a rocket-propelled granade. He's doing fine now. Here's a little clip of him at culinary school in Texas.

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/index.html?nvid=266885

He had made the brilliant decision of joining the Marines just months before Bush declared war. It's too bad he didn't opt for culinary school back then. So, where exactly WERE all those WMDs?

Amy

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2008, 07:33:01 AM »

Today's posts should be interesting!

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2008, 07:33:42 AM »

I think the one thing I would feel differently about the Presidency if Al Gore had gotten in would be in the matter of TRUST.

I don't trust a single thing either our President or Vice-President says. I don't think much of the world does either.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2008, 07:35:26 AM »

TOD

9/11 still would have happened.  Katrina still would have happened.  And governmental bureaucracy and misinformation would still have happened in both cases, so we'd still be stuck in a lot of the mire we're in today.

Gore would have been seen as the third term of the Clintons, and would have only been president for four years.  The divisiveness of party politics would still be going on.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2008, 07:36:09 AM »

Nothing on TV for me tonight, so I can use the time to catch up with stuff that's been sitting on the DVR for days: MONK from Friday, LAW & ORDER: CI from Sunday, MAD MEN in HD, and I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK AND LARRY from HBO-HD.

I'll likely watch either MONK or MAD MEN while I cook and eat lunch.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2008, 07:40:22 AM »

If Gore had been president I don't believe we would have gone to war with Iraq, since the rest of the world was so against the idea. And my nephew wouldn't have been hit in the face with a rocket-propelled granade. He's doing fine now. Here's a little clip of him at culinary school in Texas.

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/index.html?nvid=266885

He had made the brilliant decision of joining the Marines just months before Bush declared war. It's too bad he didn't opt for culinary school back then. So, where exactly WERE all those WMDs?

Amy

DR Amy, thank you for this. I don't know what he looked like before the grenade, but the repair looks awfully good from a broadcast. I wish him well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2008, 07:42:55 AM »

tod:
I was never a fan of Al Gore, but I feel that Bush's administration has set us back many years. Yes, 9/11 still would have happened. But would the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina been such a disaster?

I know many Republicans who voted for Bush, only to soon feel angry and deceived. IMO, Al Gore might not have been a great president, but I don't think there would be quite so much distrust of government or quite so much polarization.

I agree Jeanne, Gore was not perfect but we would not have some pf the problems and distrust we have today.. I still think 9/11 would have happen but what happened after Katrina is what bothered me.  The government's reaction to that disaster was an insult to humanity and an embarrassment for a nation built on the principles of equality   and human rights.

I have never liked nor trusted bush. In an interview he did sometime before he was elected in 2000, he commented that he wanted to finish what his father started....

To me that was a definite clue not to vote for him. I am not a fan of his father either.

I do find it amusing that several schools in TExas turned down housing his papers after he is out of office

He has destroyed our reputation in the world. The economy is in shambles. Sad in many ways... Granted Clinton was not perfect but at least the economy had a surplus, gas was under 2 bucks and we had some respect in the world.

Ben

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2008, 07:45:19 AM »

Jose, your youthful exbuerance fooled Anthony. He thought you were in your 20s, perhaps 29 turning 30. He was quite surprised to hear you are now 40!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2008, 07:45:47 AM »

IMHO, I think WMD was a guise of Bush to sell the war to the American people. There was never any evidence of it. His guile at what others were saying has led to the decline of the US and sense of respect we once had.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up