Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: YES, WE HAVE NO BANANAS  (Read 22528 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:YES, WE HAVE NO BANANAS
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2004, 10:15:12 PM »

Thank you for the interest, MBarnum, but there is absolutely nothing worth seeing. And I'm not being coy or modest, just truthful. All my good acting work was done on the stage in Canada and that's gone with the wind.  As it is, I haven't acted in over 25 years, except at network meetings.
The only work of mine worth looking at is my writing work - and some of that you can find for sale online or at rental places.

So, Panni, you were in Gone With the Wind?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 11:02:15 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2004, 10:16:06 PM »

Didn't know it was a chat night?  Someone has been speed-reading through the notes and posts perhaps?  I'm not mentioning names, though.

I know you're out there, I can hear you breathing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2004, 10:16:30 PM »

Panni IS Gone with the Wind.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2004, 10:22:13 PM »

I too were at the Bookfellows reading.  The only other woman I remember being there besides Christine, one of the shop's proprietors, was Julie Kirgo, but she is dark whereas Panni is blonde.  Although she too is a fellow scribe.  Her father George Kirgo was a much-loved president of the WGA and an all-around delightful, witty fellow.  Oh...and Christine looks nothing like Panni either, though she and her better half, Malcolm, run the best used bookstore in town.  The chocolate cake at the reading was very good.  BK, have you signed Bookfellows "wall of authors"?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2004, 10:24:19 PM »

Club Dread appears to be "Survivor" meets Friday the 13th.  Sound familiar?

WOW!  Just checked out the review of Peyton Place.  So, if the guy starts off by saying he was "forced" to watch the DVD then, I have to wonder:

Has he read the book? - Most likely no.
Did he see the film in it's original release?  Most definitely no.
Has he seen the film on VHS or LD?  Most likely no.

Then how the heck can he fully recommend people to purchase the DVD if they loved the book, loved the original movie, loved the previous video releases?  Huh?

Oh, and if he wants to hear "drifting", he should check out the OCR of West Side Story.  Or even just one of the "barber chair to pie shop slides" on the Sweeney Todd OCR.

WOW!

*And what a horribly designed site too!  -IMHO
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2004, 10:25:51 PM »

Nope, this woman was most definately blonde.

Perhaps it was an astral projection of Panni?  A foretelling, a meeting because we were not meant to meet in reality, or at least not yet?

Elsewhere, I checked out the Peyton Place review, and checked out the reviewer's profile.  He looks like his writing reads.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2004, 10:44:29 PM »

I'm reading a wonderful book and am eager to get back to it. So the REAL Panni/Anna, not the astral projection, will now say good night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2004, 10:51:22 PM »

Pogue: I am happy to tell you that I was among the very first to sign the Wall of Authors.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2004, 10:52:28 PM »

Among the first?  You were the first.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2004, 10:56:23 PM »

I WAS the first, damn it!  I couldn't remember and I didn't want to seem all stuck up.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2004, 10:58:43 PM »

Then I will have to scrutinize the wall very carefully the next time I'm there for your John Hancock.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2004, 11:27:50 PM »

Not a problem, BK, we'll stuck up stick up for you!

Jed

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2004, 11:55:18 PM »

Didn't know it was a chat night?  Someone has been speed-reading through the notes and posts perhaps?  I'm not mentioning names, though.

Had to double check to make sure, but the chat was not mentioned in today's notes, so I plead "not guilty" on that charge!  If it was mentioned in the posts before 2pm or so, then I guess you might have me there.  ::)

Spent the last hour looking through old posts to a message board a bunch of my college friends and I had (still have the board, just goes a couple months or so between our week-long flurries of posting).  Very fun bit of reminiscing.  Hope to see them all more often when I relocate to the other side of the state (many of them are in the Seattle area).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 11:56:36 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2004, 11:59:51 PM »

You're off the hook - chat was actually mentioned in the Saturday notes, and then I forgot about it, and didn't mention it again until a half-hour before chat, when Swishy reminded me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up