Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LET ME JUST SAY THIS  (Read 69807 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
LET ME JUST SAY THIS
« on: October 04, 2008, 12:02:56 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes said both this and that, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're off eating gefilte fish right now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: LET ME JUST SAY THIS
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 12:03:52 AM »

And the word of the day is: GORMANDIZER!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 12:05:14 AM »

I have two, count 'em 2, e-mail addresses.  But thanks for getting singdaw to notify me!!!  ;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 12:05:35 AM »

Where in heck did Friday go?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 12:06:30 AM »

You're welcome, DR Ron Pulliam!  I didn't think to go back and check the Notes for updates, but DR elmore3003 or DM MBarnum alerted me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 12:06:53 AM »

You may have two e-mail addresses now, but I have many others for you, which you probably haven't had for some years.  Happy to list them all for you, if you like :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 12:07:48 AM »

I wonder if our final two fixes will be done by the time I get up in the morning.  If I get up early enough, I'll do the long jog before she of the Evil Eye gets here - if not, I'll do it just after.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 12:08:32 AM »

George, if anyone wants to link directly to the board, it's www.haineshisway.com/smf

singdaw

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 12:08:57 AM »

Oh, by the way, there's no button for it anymore, but the "Who's Online" function has been reinstated.

From the main 'HHW Community Forums' page [on the new board], scroll all the way to the bottom and click on 'X Guests, X Users.'

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 12:09:45 AM »

Has Congress become a pimp to Wall Street, as the gormandizer of U.S. resources, as another bureaucracy that filches the wealth of its masses which had been intended for purposes other than those to which they have been put to use?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 12:17:03 AM »

Oh, by the way, there's no button for it anymore, but the "Who's Online" function has been reinstated.

From the main 'HHW Community Forums' page [on the new board], scroll all the way to the bottom and click on 'X Guests, X Users.'

I don't see it.  Never mind, I get it now.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 12:17:52 AM »

You may have two e-mail addresses now, but I have many others for you, which you probably haven't had for some years.  Happy to list them all for you, if you like :)

There cannot possibly be eight.  Two, maybe three if you include a work address.  Two of those addresses -- identical save for one letter, were home addresses.  My Kritzerland purchases -- for the past several years -- are all on one address only.

But no, do not list my addresses. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 12:19:40 AM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 12:19:41 AM »

Don't worry, I'm not listing them - maybe there weren't eight, but there were enough for me not to have a clew which was which.

singdaw

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 12:20:59 AM »

***BREAK-A-LEG READING VIBES***
for bk today!

singdaw

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 12:21:36 AM »

If you see someone without a clew, give them one of yours.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 12:32:11 AM »

I don't know about anyone else, but today's notes on the homepage (www.haineshisway.com/) are still yesterday's notes.  I had to go to the column archive to read today's notes.

I'm just sayin'.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 12:32:31 AM »

I know of five people who'll be at the signing for sure - unless two of them don't come.  Then there will be three, although I just remembered someone else who's coming, so that would be four or six.  Then there are a couple of people from the film music board who might show up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 12:33:30 AM »

And maybe, just maybe, the bookstore itself will have some people who show up.  They're e-mail announcement, however, was sent yesterday, so who knows.  You'd think the CAKE would be enough of an allure.

George

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 12:34:55 AM »

George, if anyone wants to link directly to the board, it's www.haineshisway.com/smf

Directly to the new board, yes, but it's possible that some people have the old board bookmarked ".../community" instead of ".../smf."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 12:35:06 AM »

I don't know about anyone else, but today's notes on the homepage (www.haineshisway.com/) are still yesterday's notes.  I had to go to the column archive to read today's notes.

I'm just sayin'.

I see today's notes - so you'd probably have to clear your cache or something.  It happens occasionally but not very often.  And I must say, even though it was so crazy around here, this web hosting switch to the new server upgrade has resulted in very fast speed here at haineshisway.com.

George

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 12:37:31 AM »

Topic of the Day:  for regular cakes with frosting (and not any kind of specialty cake), I really like chocolate (or devil's food) cake with white frosting. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 12:38:37 AM »

Has Congress become a pimp to Wall Street, as the gormandizer of U.S. resources, as another bureaucracy that filches the wealth of its masses which had been intended for purposes other than those to which they have been put to use?

No, Congress has listened to the plight of Main Street voters getting crushed in an unexpected financail catasrophe. Barring the more than usual incompetence of Washington, the Rescue Plan buy-ins should actually make a profit for the tax-payer, and should that fail, there is the" tax the company" fall-back already included in the legislation. The true villains in this mess are the original con-men who orchestrated  the bum mortgages to begin with. The faulty paper has long since been rebundled and off-loaded to the nation's major financial houses, and much of it has been then incorporated into other financial instruments held by Mutual Funds which are in turn held by pension plans. The bad-guys who caused the problem are, for the most part, long gone and out of financial harm. The second class of Villain is the greedy developers who over built in most of the major real-estate markets in this country - and while they now suffer as their inventory remains unsold, their efforts to unload new construction has depresssed the entire housing market. By buying up, at a discount, mortgage paper in danger of default, the government should be able to put a major damper on additional foreclosures that would exacerbate the problem. Remember, once real estate values fall more than 10%, most recent buyers find themselves in houses worth less than their mortagage; with values having fallen more than 40% in many areas, large numbers of home-owners are now trapped into immobility.

der Brucer 

While some will agree and some will disagree, after the little meltdown of last week, I'd prefer this sort of discussion happen privately for a while. 

singdaw

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »

I was trapped into immobility once.   Or was it tricked?

Well, in any case...

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 12:39:19 AM »

That's the first time when I've used the quote button that I've seen that green "loading" thing.  Hate it.  Any way to get rid of it?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 12:40:24 AM »

Guess I should go to sleep.

singdaw

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 12:40:35 AM »

TOD:

My favorite kind of cake:  FREE.

Perhaps I'll show up at bk's reading!    :)

George

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 12:40:49 AM »

I'm just sayin'.

I see today's notes - so you'd probably have to clear your cache or something.  It happens occasionally but not very often.  And I must say, even though it was so crazy around here, this web hosting switch to the new server upgrade has resulted in very fast speed here at haineshisway.com.

Well, I'm posting using my cousin's AOL account, so I'm not sure how to do that in AOL, and I'm going to try.  I know people (like my parents) who don't clear their cache for specific reasons...what they are, I don't know.  And since I might not even log back on until I get home on Monday, I'm not going to worry about it, yet.  I can find the notes without any trouble, so all is good.

singdaw

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2008, 12:41:58 AM »

that green "loading" thing. 

I haven't seen that yet.

I had no problem viewing today's Notes in the normal fashion.

George

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2008, 12:43:20 AM »

Well, since we're so close...

George

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2008, 12:43:51 AM »

PAGE TWO COQUILLE, OREGON DANCE!! ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up