Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: HACKED  (Read 24641 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: HACKED
« Reply #300 on: October 24, 2008, 07:56:32 PM »

PAGE 11, POST #300 DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #301 on: October 24, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »

Until later!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #302 on: October 24, 2008, 08:06:56 PM »

Molar - Didn't he write plays?

He wrote plays with real bite!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #303 on: October 24, 2008, 08:11:58 PM »

This peculiar series based on Dafoe, CRUSOE, is not something I am warming up to. I hope it doesn't prove the final nail in the coffin for LIFE,which is to me a series NBC is unsure of how to market or promote., damn them all to hell.

NBC is moving LIFE to WEdnesdays at 9. It is also bringing back LAW & ORDER much earlier than they expected to at 10 on Wednesdays. If LIFE is going to make it, this shot on Wednesday is its best chance.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: October 24, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »

This peculiar series based on Dafoe, CRUSOE, is not something I am warming up to. I hope it doesn't prove the final nail in the coffin for LIFE,which is to me a series NBC is unsure of how to market or promote., damn them all to hell.

NBC is moving LIFE to WEdnesdays at 9. It is also bringing back LAW & ORDER much earlier than they expected to at 10 on Wednesdays. If LIFE is going to make it, this shot on Wednesday is its best chance.

I was thinking that when I saw the announcement at the end of the episode.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #305 on: October 24, 2008, 08:16:38 PM »

Had a wonderful night of interesting movies and TV shows.

I began with MURDEROUS MAIDS. It's from 2000, and I had never seen it before. A movie about an incestuous obsession, it's definitely not a feel-good movie. Fascinating, of course, and based on a true story. Well made (though the back and forth in time threw me a bit at first), but so far it's my least favorite movie in the RIALTO/Criterion box.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #306 on: October 24, 2008, 08:17:20 PM »

Feeling lousy today.

I'd love to say it's just the depression raising it's ugly tail end again, but I was supposed to be working on billing all day and, instead, I kept getting called down to work a register.

There were times when I'd get no more than five minutes between calls downstairs to do the job I'm supposed to be doing.   :P

Add to that, it was babies crying day today.  (No, Toby, I'm not blaming you.)  One little one would start crying, and then her sibling would start in, and then another kid three lanes over would pick up the chorus.

Have you ever noticed how babies crying never cry in harmony?  What's with that?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #307 on: October 24, 2008, 08:19:36 PM »

Next, I had time to watch the entirety of REAR WINDOW. This is the first DVD issue of it, and it doesn't look great. I'm sure the new Legacy release looks much better, but I'm holding out for REAR WINDOW, VERTIGO, and PSYCHO to be the first three Universal/Hitchcocks released on Blu-ray. There have been no announcements, but I think these will be the first ones they'll consider releasing if they release any at all. If there is no announcement in the next six months or so, this new releases will be reduced in price enough by then to make the double-dip less painful.

Matt H.

« Reply #308 on: October 24, 2008, 08:20:55 PM »

GHOST WHISPERER at least had our two lovebirds on a cruise and away from the antique shop. The change of pace was nice, even if the case wasn't nearly as involving as some I've seen on the show. It didn't choke me up at all the way the best stories in this series do.

Matt H.

« Reply #309 on: October 24, 2008, 08:21:57 PM »

LIFE had a good episode tonight with some good surprises and some comic moments, too. I do enjoy this show very much indeed.

Matt H.

« Reply #310 on: October 24, 2008, 08:23:28 PM »

The next movie in the RIALTO box is MAFIOSO which I reviewed some months ago, so I'll check out the transfer and then move on to the next film which, I believe, is BILLY LIAR.

Cillaliz

« Reply #311 on: October 24, 2008, 08:32:38 PM »

Feeling lousy today.

I'd love to say it's just the depression raising it's ugly tail end again, but I was supposed to be working on billing all day and, instead, I kept getting called down to work a register.

There were times when I'd get no more than five minutes between calls downstairs to do the job I'm supposed to be doing.   :P

Add to that, it was babies crying day today.  (No, Toby, I'm not blaming you.)  One little one would start crying, and then her sibling would start in, and then another kid three lanes over would pick up the chorus.

Have you ever noticed how babies crying never cry in harmony?  What's with that?

They all want to be the star

Matt H.

« Reply #312 on: October 24, 2008, 08:37:55 PM »

I just read that when LIFE moves to Wednesday, LIPSTICK JUNGLE will move into the Friday at 10 p.m. timeslot. I'm not sure anyone here watches LIPSTICK JUNGLE, but now you know where you'll be able to find it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #313 on: October 24, 2008, 08:39:41 PM »

I got a call tonight from the guy I had talked to about drywalling. He has some time this weekend and wants to do it. I told him that I needed an estimate first.  So I'm calling him when I get home around noon or so and he's coming over. If I like his estimate he'll start immediately.  So, I may get the basement room done this fall after all.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that his estimate is reasonable.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #314 on: October 24, 2008, 08:40:26 PM »

Relaxing, listening to early Jerry Goldsmith TV music.  In a while, I'll take a look at what I wrote.  And then I have to begin the arduous task of titling the Herrmann tracks for A Christmas Carol - every reference source I have is nothing but confusing, and each source has different titles.

Cillaliz

« Reply #315 on: October 24, 2008, 08:41:42 PM »

Better sign off...I have an early morning tomorrow

Laura

« Reply #316 on: October 24, 2008, 08:42:53 PM »

Feel better soon, DR SWoody!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #317 on: October 24, 2008, 08:45:59 PM »

Vibes to SWWoody!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #318 on: October 24, 2008, 08:46:44 PM »

My eyelids are feeling a bit heavy, but I have some writing to attempt to do before heading downstairs.

Good night!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #319 on: October 24, 2008, 08:46:52 PM »

Cilla has the right idea.  I don't have any scheduled hours tomorrow, but we may get a phone call...

Later!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »

Thanks to all for getting us to page eleven.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #321 on: October 24, 2008, 09:52:56 PM »

I was going to come and contribute to try and get us to page 12
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #322 on: October 24, 2008, 10:02:50 PM »

I was looking on gasbuddy to see what gas prices are in a few areas.... It has really dropped but I am skeptical of howlong it will remain that low before it starts rising again.

We are sitting 2.24 here

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #323 on: October 24, 2008, 10:03:51 PM »

I noted that areas in NY and CA are still over 3.00

td

• td
« Reply #324 on: October 24, 2008, 10:05:08 PM »

I'll make a bid at getting to Page 12.
I just watched a movie on a dvd.
The movie was called THE THRILL OF IT ALL.
The movie starred the delightful Doris Day and the hunkalicious James Garner.
What I didn't realize until the credits rolled at the start was that Norman Jewison had directed it.
So, in the space of twenty-four hours, I have seen two fine examples of Jewison's prowess as a director.
Yes, I'm one of THOSE people who likes the film of FIDDLER ON THE ROOF.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #325 on: October 24, 2008, 10:05:23 PM »

The lower prices are not really inspiring to drive more than I need to. Still will go with my practice of planning my trips and errands accordingly.

td

• td
« Reply #326 on: October 24, 2008, 10:05:27 PM »

Still on Page Eleven, but, I tried.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #327 on: October 24, 2008, 10:06:05 PM »

I like James Garner.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #328 on: October 24, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »

if you are interested at lookin gat the prices for gas, td, this is the website

http://www.gasbuddy.com

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #329 on: October 24, 2008, 10:08:43 PM »

The leaves are really falling off the trees here.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up