Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: PEAT MOSS AND PETE MOSS  (Read 31615 times)

Cillaliz

Re: PEAT MOSS AND PETE MOSS
« Reply #240 on: October 30, 2008, 08:20:52 PM »

I loved LIFE WITH MARS tonight even though the story of the girl working for the mobsters was very predictable. Jason O'Mara's very strong performance really carried the hour tonight.

It's LIFE ON MARS, isn't it?  Anyway, I'm finding it fascinating. It's one of those shows that I can't say I "love" but I feel compelled to keep watching it.  I'm not complaining, I just find it fascinating

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2008, 08:23:24 PM »

Hmm, I just learned that our Congressional District is the number on alternative energy district in the county.  Cool.  We have lots of wind mills, biodiesel, ethanol, methane etc...  I heard the other day that if there was storage capacity via some huge battery, our whole district could go off the grid.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #242 on: October 30, 2008, 08:33:06 PM »

So...

Instead of hopping on the 7:00am bus tomorrow morning back to NYC, I'm going to head up to Northern Virginia with Steve for a day of shopping.  He's been wanting to make an IKEA run, as well as possibly a Tysons Corner run, so, he took the day off and asked if I'd like to come along.  And I will.

And then I will just grab a bus from DC back to NYC tomorrow night after dinner.  -Which is much more civilized than getting on the 1:00am bus early(!) Saturday morning.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2008, 08:41:09 PM »

I loved LIFE WITH MARS tonight even though the story of the girl working for the mobsters was very predictable. Jason O'Mara's very strong performance really carried the hour tonight.

It's LIFE ON MARS, isn't it?  Anyway, I'm finding it fascinating. It's one of those shows that I can't say I "love" but I feel compelled to keep watching it.  I'm not complaining, I just find it fascinating

Of course it is. It was a slip of the fingers.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Kerry

« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2008, 08:51:12 PM »

I just donated to "No on 8" in California.

That is all.

I knew I loved you!

We have a similar campaign here in AZ  (Prop 102-- most definitely vote NO-- that is, IMHO).   It's already on the books defining what marriage is (which is not MY definition), but the little pigs want to amend the Constitution too.  This same Proposition failed the last time (they got too piggy, and it backfired on them), and we for once were progressive enough to vote it down.  I am afraid to say that of about 15 similar ballots around the country, we were the only state to defeat the Prop.  Arizona then!  Who'da thunk it?
I like boat races.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #245 on: October 30, 2008, 08:54:47 PM »

I must write some now and then head down to bed.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2008, 08:56:04 PM »

It Takes A Thief (which is less about a heist and more to give Hitchcock a chance to do all the things he does so well).

I had no idea Hitchcock directed episodes of that tv show.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2008, 08:56:51 PM »

My big problem with Body in the Library was the change in the denouement.  The "repurposing" of Marple was bothersome, yes, but the "new" ending was just silly and unneeded.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2008, 09:19:31 PM »

Sorry DR Druxy, all I know is that I find fax machines temperamental & frustrating at times.  At least the one we currently own.  Did you get a surge protector for your computer?

Actually, I had a surge protector, but it didn't do it any good.

You can dream…or you can do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #249 on: October 30, 2008, 09:22:30 PM »

TCB, have you read this or heard about it?  It's a different theory on the Titanic sinking. I just finished it last night

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2008, 09:22:42 PM »

DR Druxy - Sorry to hear about your computer woes.  Hopefully, you'll get everything back up and running without spending too much more money.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #251 on: October 30, 2008, 09:23:40 PM »

Well, I'm already sleepy - which is a good thing since I need to be ready to head out of here at 10:00.  So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: October 30, 2008, 09:25:07 PM »

DR Druxy, sorry about your electronic woes, don't have any good ideas for you

Cillaliz

« Reply #253 on: October 30, 2008, 09:25:51 PM »

Night Jose, I'm waiting to see which house the property virgin decided on. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #254 on: October 30, 2008, 09:31:57 PM »

Night Jose, I'm waiting to see which house the property virgin decided on. 

Wha?!?!?!? ???
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2008, 10:16:46 PM »

Re: last night's "Design Star"

Hooray!  The "designer" I've liked least the entire competition FINALLY got his due with elimination.  His ego knows no bounds and his style is a bit matronly.  Small wonder he's style editor for "Martha Stewart Living".  Still....if Martha was watching she might want a new style editor because his is decidedly "twee".   IMO, of course.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2008, 10:41:11 PM »

So...

Instead of hopping on the 7:00am bus tomorrow morning back to NYC, I'm going to head up to Northern Virginia with Steve for a day of shopping.  He's been wanting to make an IKEA run, as well as possibly a Tysons Corner run, so, he took the day off and asked if I'd like to come along.  And I will.

And then I will just grab a bus from DC back to NYC tomorrow night after dinner.  -Which is much more civilized than getting on the 1:00am bus early(!) Saturday morning.  :)

What?  You haven't also planned your potty breaks?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »

You haven't also planned your potty breaks?

It all Depends.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

FJL

« Reply #258 on: October 30, 2008, 11:11:21 PM »

I'm not a member of any organized potty  (oh wait, is that political?  :) )

FJL

« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2008, 11:12:10 PM »

Didn't Eddie Murphy sing "My girl wants to potty all the time, potty all the time, potty all the tiiime"

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2008, 11:16:48 PM »

Back from rehearsal, which was amazing and not in a good way, and then Happy Days, which was amazing and not in a good way.  In fact, the only upside of my afternoon and evening was grabbing a hamburger at Wendy's next door to the theater.  I haven't had a Wendy's burger in twenty years - I'd forgotten how tasty it is.  I had a little Caesar salad with it, which was fine.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2008, 11:18:38 PM »

Since I'm not going to talk about the rehearsal in the notes, I can only tell you that the singer had a melt down for personal reasons and I had to play therapist and cheerleader - I don't mind doing the latter but the former is not my thing and certainly not my thing for the pittance I agreed to help this person for.  I should never have said yes.  I'm hoping she'll come in positive and ready to work tomorrow at noon - if it turns into what it turned into today, I'll leave.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2008, 11:21:43 PM »

And since I won't go into detail about Happy Days in the notes I will only tell you that it was excruciatingly bad, worse than I could have imagined and for very interesting reasons.  The score is horrible, the actors are all fine, the direction is amateur, and the choreography, while busy and energetic, is unfocused and uninteresting.  But it's the story and the script - does Mr. Marshall not remember what made his show a success?  Hint: It wasn't just the Fonz.  The leads in the musical are Fonzie and Pinky Tuscadero (the worst character ever on the TV series).  Richie disappears for half the first act, and he really has nothing much to do with the show.  Well, note to everyone: Happy Days was a hit not only because the audience loved the Fonz, but because they loved the heart and soul of the show - Richie (Ron Howard).

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2008, 11:58:01 PM »

vibes for bk....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2008, 11:59:28 PM »

I have always thought scholarly research was on serious topics...

However this one from Georgia State demonstrates other wise....

http://etd.gsu.edu/theses/available/etd-04202008-190035/unrestricted/robinson_thomas_c_200805_ma.pdf
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #265 on: October 31, 2008, 12:00:56 AM »

I was looking for something on methodology relating to fantasy theme analysis... Imagine my surprise when that popped up

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #266 on: October 31, 2008, 12:05:00 AM »

Back from rehearsal, which was amazing and not in a good way, and then Happy Days, which was amazing and not in a good way.  In fact, the only upside of my afternoon and evening was grabbing a hamburger at Wendy's next door to the theater.  I haven't had a Wendy's burger in twenty years - I'd forgotten how tasty it is.  I had a little Caesar salad with it, which was fine.

I like their baked potatos as a treat every once in a while

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #267 on: October 31, 2008, 12:06:27 AM »

I'm not a member of any organized potty  (oh wait, is that political?  :) )

As in Grand Old Potty?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2008, 12:10:30 AM »

or the pretty potty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2008, 12:22:39 AM »

Cilla, I have seen Life on Mars tape delayed and I am enjoying it also.

Have you ever seen the British version of the show?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up