Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT  (Read 25611 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »

I came back to the office to fine the strangest of all Amazon packages.  In the first one I opened, there was the Truman Capote's A CHRISTMAS MEMORY DVD I mentioned the other day.  But it looks like a bootleg that you would buy at a flea market--plain see-through case with no artwork--just a plain printed label with a barcode.  The DVD is the same with a very generically printed label.  I take more time making labels on my home-made DVDs.  I'm not holding out much hope for the overall viewing quality of this DVD.

I was puzzled by the size of the other package--I was expecting it to hold just a CD but it was large enough for a calander.  I ordered what I thought was a special edition of Janelle Monae's METROPOLIS but it turned out to be an LP.  Two LPs actually--somehow I must have ordered two copies.  Oy!  It's no fun going senile...

Perhaps you got someone else's order?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2008, 11:42:41 AM »

I have a question about Happy Days the Musical:

Is it going to appear on Broadway?

It would be so typical if it did, but maybe a real show will take its place!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »

Tonight is the night of the year when the veil between the physical and the spiritual worlds is the thinnest

Didn't you wear someting like this at YOUR wedding  (not pure white, of course)?
I like boat races.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2008, 11:47:21 AM »

I came back to the office to fine the strangest of all Amazon packages.  In the first one I opened, there was the Truman Capote's A CHRISTMAS MEMORY DVD I mentioned the other day.  But it looks like a bootleg that you would buy at a flea market--plain see-through case with no artwork--just a plain printed label with a barcode.  The DVD is the same with a very generically printed label.  I take more time making labels on my home-made DVDs.  I'm not holding out much hope for the overall viewing quality of this DVD.

This DVD is in black-and-white, yes?  I'd read that ABC could not locate a color master print and that all they had was a black-and-white.  I could have sworn I had this in color on VHS tape at some point, but I may very well be mistaken.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2008, 11:56:40 AM »

DR DanTMan,
I did that not long ago, thought i was ordering a CD but it was a cassatte tape! Ugh.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2008, 11:59:31 AM »

I was puzzled by the size of the other package--I was expecting it to hold just a CD but it was large enough for a calander.  I ordered what I thought was a special edition of Janelle Monae's METROPOLIS but it turned out to be an LP.  Two LPs actually--somehow I must have ordered two copies.  Oy!  It's no fun going senile...

Perhaps you got someone else's order?

No, I just checked.  The METROPOLIS Special Edition recording does say that it is an LP--that little detail somehow escaped my notice.  And because I had been doing a number of different orders to Amazon these past few weeks, I had been adding and dropping and re-adding this from my shopping cart.  It must have been already in there when I added it again.  D'oh!

Fortunately I didn't destroy the box when I opened it.  The two LPs will be easy to ship back (though I'll be out of the shipping cost however much that will come to be.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2008, 12:01:48 PM »

DR DanTMan,
I did that not long ago, thought i was ordering a CD but it was a cassatte tape! Ugh.

My absolute worse case of mis-ordering was bidding and winning on what I thought was the OCR of JENNIE on eBay and it turned out to be a Playbill.  D'oi!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2008, 12:15:13 PM »

This DVD is in black-and-white, yes?  I'd read that ABC could not locate a color master print and that all they had was a black-and-white.  I could have sworn I had this in color on VHS tape at some point, but I may very well be mistaken.

Oh, man--yeah, I just watched the beginning--it's in black and white and it's full of spots and scratches.  It's worse that my home made copy!

Can this order get any worse?  I'm afraid to open the Dave Brubeck CD that was the third item in it.  I wonder what can be wrong with that?

-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2008, 12:29:58 PM »

If i remember correctly Suzy Quatro played Leather Tuscadero  and Roz Kelly played Pinky Tuscadero.

According to IMDB... Roz has not done a lot since the 1980s.  they were biker girls...

I have the London cast recording of Annie Get Your Gun with Suzi Quatro.

Just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2008, 12:30:17 PM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Jose's DB Mike!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2008, 12:30:33 PM »

GRATUITOUS POST #100!

;)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2008, 12:31:08 PM »

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2008, 12:35:54 PM »

MEdia Check (slightly revised...)

iPod:  ROBERTA (1952 Studio Cast) and Leonard Berstein's MASS

Tivo:  WHITE ZOMBIE (1932)--Looks scarrrry!

DVD:  a couple of episodes of THE DAYS AND NIGHTS OF MOLLY DODD
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2008, 12:38:11 PM »

...edits on the Appendix numbers...

They're preparing "ER - The Musical"?

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2008, 12:44:30 PM »

I VOTED Today

For what office? What were your other choices?

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2008, 12:58:02 PM »

I have the London cast recording of Annie Get Your Gun with Suzi Quatro

George, I am sure your have the [name of city] cast recording of [name of show] with [name of star].

der Brucer

George

« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2008, 12:58:35 PM »

I have the London cast recording of Annie Get Your Gun with Suzi Quatro

George, I am sure your have the [name of city] cast recording of [name of show] with [name of star].

der Brucer

Why, yes I do! ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2008, 01:00:15 PM »

Finally back from the Phillies Victory Parade.  The crowd was HUGE and we were packed like sardines on the sidewalk. But it was a very cool crowd and we all had a great time!

GO PHILLIES!

I will have to ask Craig if they went.  I suspect Yogi would not have liked the crowds so they passed.

GO PHILLIES!!! :)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2008, 01:00:31 PM »

CRITTER WATCHING TIME

Buster - keeping a lookout

Buster - taking a break

Buster- windering what's next

Mikey - just being Mikey

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2008, 01:01:51 PM »

A man was walking home alone late one foggy night when, from  behind him,  he heard:

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

Walking faster, he looked back and through the fog he made out the image of an upright casket banging its way down the middle of the street toward him.

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

Terrified, the man began running toward his home, the casket bouncing quickly behind him

FASTER...

FASTER...

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

He ran to his door, fumbled with his keys, opened the door, rushed in and slammed and locked the door behind him.

Nevetheless, the casket crashed through his door, with the lid of the casket clapping

Clappity-BUMP...

Clappity-BUMP...

Clappity-BUMP...

The terrified man rushed upstairs to the bathroom and locked himself in.  His heart was pounding; his head was reeling; his breathing was reduced to sobbing gasps.

With a loud CRASH the casket broke through the door.

It BUMPED and Clapped toward him.

The man screamed and reached for something........anything......but all he could grab was a bottle of cough syrup!

Desperate, he threw the cough syrup at the casket...

and, to his ultimate disbelief...

The coffin stopped!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:05:13 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2008, 01:03:40 PM »

I VOTED Today

For what office? What were your other choices?

der Brucer

President, Congress people, local judges, city council, city measures, and a slew of propositions including the hateful hate-sponsored Proposition 8.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2008, 01:03:41 PM »

And where is the rest of the tribe, you ask:

Fletcher - all abrim with excitement:

Bonnie - supervising the back yard

der Brucer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2008, 01:10:56 PM »

I came back to the office to find the strangest of all Amazon packages.  In the first one I opened, there was the Truman Capote's A CHRISTMAS MEMORY DVD I mentioned the other day.  But it looks like a bootleg that you would buy at a flea market--plain see-through case with no artwork--just a plain printed label with a barcode.  The DVD is the same with a very generically printed label.  I take more time making labels on my home-made DVDs.  I'm not holding out much hope for the overall viewing quality of this DVD.

It may indeed be a bootleg, but the real McCoy is available on DVD.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2008, 01:13:47 PM »

ABC may not be able to locate the coilor master, but I taped it off some cable channel eons ago and showed it to my 9th graders for many years, and the recording I had was in color.

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2008, 01:14:52 PM »

It warmed up a bit outside, but I can't get the house warm for some reason by keeping windows and doors opened, so I closed everything. I'll turn up the heat if I need to later tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2008, 01:16:10 PM »

I began by watching last night's THE OFFICE. Some funny stuff indeed, and looks like it was Amy Ryan's last episode. So sad to see her go because she and Steve Carrell made a daffy pair, perfect for each other.

Matt H.

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2008, 01:17:40 PM »

30 ROCK had Megan Mullally as a guest star, and there were a couple of laughs (Will Arnet was also guest starring), but as usual, the show for me just can't match the droll humor of THE OFFICE.

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2008, 01:23:53 PM »

I spent a majority of my afternoon watching NOELLE, a CHristmas-themed crisis of faith movie that was completely mediocre. Written, produced, directed, and starring David Wall and featuring his entire family: wife playing an unwed pregnant woman, daughter playing the title character, and another child or two in other roles along with other people named Wall in the credits. My gosh was it poorly put together. A bunch of plots barely held together by some thread about a Catholic church putting on a live nativity play.

Luckily, it was just the movie, no bonus features.

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2008, 01:26:04 PM »

When it was done, I began watching the Blu-ray of LIVE AND LET DIE. Never one of my favorite Bonds with bad acting and makeup effects that are so terrible the BIG REVEAL isn't the least bit surprising.

The Blu-ray looks excellent, and the DTS-HD Master Audio is the best the film has ever sounded. I only got 14 chapters in so I'll pick up with Chapter 15 at some point.

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2008, 01:26:51 PM »

I ended my afternoon skimming through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing, but Luke and Noah were in the previews for next week.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up