Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: IN LIVING COLOR  (Read 18918 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: IN LIVING COLOR
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2008, 11:56:38 AM »

DR Jane:  Re: The Facebook requests.  You can, of course, click on "Ignore".  I'm sure "I" won't be offended that several of them are from me.

Of course, they're all just a bunch of flowers for your "L'il Green Patch" which, as it turns out, costs you nothing.  And you'll be saving precious square footage of the Amazon rainforests for accepting (and even sending some to others).

And there may be a few creatures for your "L'il Blue Cove"...again, costs you nothing, saves rain forest, and foments good will and cheer among the folks doing all the sending.

Of course, there are a lot of folks out there who don't have the time to fool with that sort of thing.  I realize and appreciate that.

That "several" are from you is an understatement ;D  Thank you for the explanation.  I have not clicked on them yet & will take the time to see what is involved in responding.

*And there is also the "Block Application" option...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2008, 11:58:01 AM »

;D  I won't block them, some are fun to read even if I don't do anything with them.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2008, 11:58:03 AM »

I am getting quite concerned that I have literally lost my mind.  Twice now, both today and yesterday, I could not remember phone numbers that I use virtually daily.  I can remember the numerals, but not their order.

It's The Second Thing To Go And I Forget What's The First

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2008, 11:58:30 AM »

We also liked THE MENTALIST,   I think it was the best episode yet, and Keith enjoyed the gambling aspect.

We haven’t watched BONES or LIFE yet.  Having missed last the previous LIFE episode, is there anything we should know before watching this one?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2008, 12:00:28 PM »

Speaking of memory problems, could someone refresh my memory as to what actress portrayed the mother in last night's Law and Order episode?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2008, 12:03:31 PM »

Well, since I need to head to store to buy some milk, I think I'm gonna go ahead and take a little walk in the rain, and spend a little of this rainy day in New York City outside of my apartment.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2008, 12:07:44 PM »

Speaking of memory problems, could someone refresh my memory as to what actress portrayed the mother in last night's Law and Order episode?

Rutanya Alda; she's in PRANCER, one of my favorite holiday films.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2008, 12:27:29 PM »

Very good premiere of TOP CHEF!

Yes, it was.  -And, as I mentioned last night, it was also fun following the live "tweets" from Andrew and Spike from season 4.  Actually, I think it was just Spike since Andrew was still working.  However, Spike did give out Andrew's phone number so that people could call him.  ;)

Can you specify what you're talking about here and which post from last night??

FJL

« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2008, 12:38:15 PM »

One of those days where a lot is getting done but nothing is getting finished

Jennifer

« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2008, 12:38:56 PM »

re: last week's episode of life
Quote from: Jane

link=topic=1935.msg520103#msg520103 date=1226606310

Having missed last the previous LIFE episode, is there anything we should know before watching this one?

I believe you can watch last week's show at nbc.com. It's called jackpot:

http://www.nbc.com/Life/video/episodes/

Or here is a summary below, although at the beginning of the episode they sort of remind you of a few things from past shows:

Season 2, Episode 7: Jackpot
Original Air Date—5 November 2008
Charlie and Dani investigate the murder of Hannah Ronson who was found sitting at her dining room table stabbed to death. She had only been in Los Angeles for a few months and was obviously quite well off. They trace her to the LWA, the Lottery Winners Anonymous a support group for people who have trouble coping with their large lottery wins. Several of the members had a relationship with Hannah and all live an odd lifestyle, given their wealth. Turns out Hannah had a secret of her own. In his own case, Rachel Seybolt moves in with Charlie and Ted Earley; Dani's father Jack Reese disappears. Captain Tidwell continues to pursue Dani.

Jennifer

« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2008, 12:41:24 PM »

I read this morning that NBC cancelled LIPSTICK JUNGLE and MY OWN WORST ENEMY. I wonder if they will show the un-aired episodes or just pull them both?

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2008, 12:41:50 PM »

I also really enjoyed LIFE!

Lulu

• "Big hair makes the rest of me look smaller!"
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2008, 01:04:34 PM »

I can't believe I forgot two Berlin tunes I love...

Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee
Isn't This a Lovely Day (To Be Caught in the Rain)
NOW: Becca in "Rabbit Hole."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2008, 01:07:56 PM »

Good news and bad news at Best Buy.

The good news is that the 2/$40 is definitely in effect. I got DR. SYN and ANNETTE for $40, and I had a gift card for $50, so it cost me nothing.

The bad news was that I got the last copy of DR. SYN. Best friend John very kindly let me have the last copy. He's going to order on-line from Best Buy and get DONALD for me. We'll split the shipping charge and tax.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2008, 01:10:09 PM »

I read this morning that NBC cancelled LIPSTICK JUNGLE and MY OWN WORST ENEMY. I wonder if they will show the un-aired episodes or just pull them both?

I suspect they'll simply be pulled. Most networks don't air unpoular shows; they cut their losses and let the stuff sit on the shelf. They may air them in the summer if a hole opens on the schedule, and if the DVDs are made available, all the filmed episodes will be there.

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2008, 01:11:34 PM »

I also thought THE MENTALIST had its best-yet episode. As I mentioned the other day, no wonder it got the highest rating in its history. I think people are really digging the show and are enchanted with the title character. NCIS also reached an all-time high on Tuesday night.

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2008, 01:13:01 PM »

We shopped for a long time at Best Buy. He's looking for two new TVs for himself and a new TV for his parents, so I was helping with that as well.

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2008, 01:14:54 PM »

I only got four of the remaining eight episodes of THE ODD COUPLE watched. I am reviewing THE LAST SEASON of the show which will be released next Tuesday.

One was that Roy Clark episode where he shows his undeniable versatility playing guitar, banjo, and violin during the episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2008, 01:15:58 PM »

Other guest stars in the episodes I watched this afternoon: Albert Paulsen, Rodney Allen Rippy, Victor Buono, Dick Cavett, and Phil Foster.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2008, 01:17:44 PM »

One Berlin song I truly love is "The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing." I also love Frank Butler's two solos with chorus: "I'm a Bad Bad Man" and "My Defenses Are Down," particularly the latter.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2008, 01:25:04 PM »

Toby, holding the monkey from DR Laura and DR Sandra.  I swear he's waving to us in the first one. 

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:30:45 PM by Ann »

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »

I hope those didn't send us into wide screen...let me see if I can shrink them

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2008, 01:31:09 PM »

There, that should be better :D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2008, 01:39:47 PM »

I also thought THE MENTALIST had its best-yet episode. As I mentioned the other day, no wonder it got the highest rating in its history. I think people are really digging the show and are enchanted with the title character. NCIS also reached an all-time high on Tuesday night.

I find the show a bit "lite" as a detective show.  Patrick Jane often seems just "too clever" and "too good" to be believed.  The lead actor is thoroughly charming as "the Mentalist", but I'm not wholly satisfied with the show's facile piecing together of Mr. Jane's too-easily-solved solutions to crimes.  And it's going to get very old each week having his co-workers question his judgement/challenge his expertise/etc., even though he's accurate week after week.  Shades of the DA in "Medium" questioning Allison's ability to see things.  As light entertainment, it's very watchable, but I wouldn't miss it if something better came on at the same time.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:43:57 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2008, 01:40:42 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - The only Facebook Apps and Requests that I summarily Block are the ones that center around "Am I Hot?/Are You Hot?/Does S/He Like You?/Do You Like Her/Him?", as well as the ones that require one to "Invite" more Friends to participate in the Application before you can see the "result".   Facebook actually did crack down on those latter type of Apps a couple of months ago, since the developers were intentionally trying to be "viral", but there are still a couple of them out there.

Otherwise, if I think I'm going to have fun, enjoy a Quiz, Test, Game, etc., then I'll give it a try.

However, one thing that was stressed early on in Facebook's existence - which goes back a number of years, waaaay before the "new Facebook" was even a factor, is that Facebook is a means of keeping in touch with friends and acquaintances, both old and new.  It is a social networking tool.  It is supposed to be fun.  It is not an obligation.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2008, 01:41:20 PM »

<waving back at Toby>
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »

Very good premiere of TOP CHEF!

Yes, it was.  -And, as I mentioned last night, it was also fun following the live "tweets" from Andrew and Spike from season 4.  Actually, I think it was just Spike since Andrew was still working.  However, Spike did give out Andrew's phone number so that people could call him.  ;)

Can you specify what you're talking about here and which post from last night??

DR Jennifer - Bravo used Twitter.com to provide real-time commentary from Spike (and Andrew).

If you have an account with Twitter, you can find the comment feed - the "tweets" - at http://twitter.com/bravotopchef/

Here's a sample from last night's tweets:

-i'm going to get her Cooking for Dummies.
-passion passion, here we go with the passion.
-thank you JG. thank you!
-I am the MOST passionate
-who wins points for passion. please.

etc., etc., etc.

You're restricted to a length of 140 characters per "tweet", so that's why the entries are so short.  It's "micro-blogging".

*And if you don't have a Twitter account, you can just register one, and not actively Tweet, and just "Follow" the feeds.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2008, 01:49:06 PM »

OH!  Actually, I just checked, if you click on the previous Twitter link for "Top Chef", you will be able to see the feed from last night.  -Just remember, the most recent Tweet appears at the top.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2008, 01:50:28 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - The only Facebook Apps and Requests that I summarily Block are the ones that center around "Am I Hot?/Are You Hot?/Does S/He Like You?/Do You Like Her/Him?", as well as the ones that require one to "Invite" more Friends to participate in the Application before you can see the "result".   Facebook actually did crack down on those latter type of Apps a couple of months ago, since the developers were intentionally trying to be "viral", but there are still a couple of them out there.

Otherwise, if I think I'm going to have fun, enjoy a Quiz, Test, Game, etc., then I'll give it a try.

However, one thing that was stressed early on in Facebook's existence - which goes back a number of years, waaaay before the "new Facebook" was even a factor, is that Facebook is a means of keeping in touch with friends and acquaintances, both old and new.  It is a social networking tool.  It is supposed to be fun.  It is not an obligation.

Preaching to the choir, Jose.  Preaching to the choir.  I joined Facebook to connect with folks with similar interests in film and film music who don't post anywhere else.  That was its primary attraction, although I've enjoyed learning about other folks' interests.

I've enjoyed a number of the legitimate (i.e., non-fee-involved) challenges that pop up...primarily at the invitation of others.  And I've enjoyed exchanging plants and creatures with folks.  Bottom line, though, is that one cannot save any portion of a rain forest unless one sends out plants or creatures.  If this is resented, then private communiques should be issued and cease/desist requests should be made.

Frankly, I've got a string of folks on my friends list who requested to be friends who've said diddly to me and have generally resisted various forms of communication.

To that I say, "What the hell!"???
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:54:15 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2008, 01:52:28 PM »

Actually, Patrick's police co-horts on THE MENTALIST are questioning him less and less and depending on him more and more which I was very delighted to see in this week's episode. At this point, he does seem al most too good to be true, but I suspect as the show evolves, we'll see more warts.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up