Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THIRTY DAYS HATH NOVEMBER  (Read 32626 times)

singdaw

Re: THIRTY DAYS HATH NOVEMBER
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2008, 10:06:08 AM »

I guess nobody but DR KERRY was brave enough to check out the song stylings of Janey Fallis.

I'm willin', but can't do so from the work computer.    :(

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2008, 10:06:58 AM »

Wow Ann, congratulations.  Who will keep the second car seat?

it means Jed will have one in his car too, so we won't have to move one back and forth.

singdaw

« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2008, 10:07:23 AM »

I am VERY close to choosing my favorite team!

And they are very close to choosing YOU!    :D

MBarnum

« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2008, 10:07:33 AM »

TOD:

First film: MAKING LOVE

First Novel: THE MOVIE LOVER by Richard Friedel

Favorite gay themed films:

MAKING LOVE (1982)

AN EARLY FROST (1985, TV MOVIE)

CONSENTING ADULT (1985, TV MOVIE)

KM.O (2000)

THE CHILDREN'S HOUR (1961)

VICTIM (1961)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2008, 10:07:41 AM »

And speaking of getting hacked - well, I guess may "phished":

Did any other DRs get an e-mail this morning that was most obviously compiled from the e-mail addresses - at least the non-hidden ones - on this site?

-So, I've changed my password again, and I've also "hidden" my e-mail address.

*bk - I thought it had been set up that only registered members could access the profile information?  -Or was someone/some program phishing from the "old site"?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2008, 10:11:03 AM »

DR Matt H, how can you forget about “Catcher in the Rye”?  It also left me cold & I would love to forget about it, if only I didn’t hear or read something about it at least several times a year.

Jose, why on earth did you read a book you didn’t like to begin with so many times?  ;D

Oh, I guess I never did not like it, I just never felt like finishing it.  It didn't really hold my interest until "recenty".  *It was also on my "required reading list" in high school - a Catholic high school, no less! - and I'm sure the obligation to read it had something to do with my initial lack of "interest" in it.  Can you say: Cliffs Notes?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2008, 10:11:38 AM »

My newly married friends got their announcement in the NY Times, here.   :)

Mazel!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #157 on: November 17, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »

DR JEANNE is having an open house!

I thought Loretta Swit did C/L, I didn't look so I am probably wrong.  I forgot about Meg Foster, but I may be thinking about the original tv movie.

Swit did the pilot movie that sold the series to the network.  She was under contract for "M*A*S*H" and the producers wouldn't let her out of her contract, so....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2008, 10:12:26 AM »

So much for a light day.  Already had a flurry of e-mails.  It seems that most in our Bacharach cast cannot come sing for me on the Monday or Tuesday of next week - it seems most are leaving town, although that doesn't explain why the people in shows can't come.  So far, one person is booked.  I'm now being asked "can't you just create an order from the list and that will be that?"  And I'm saying, I can do anything, but that doesn't mean it will be good or right if it's based on thin air.  I'm pretty annoyed about this - early on, I asked for the initial rehearsals to be recorded and sent to me - that never happened, and therefore I have heard no arrangements at all - I have no idea how these songs are being sung, I have not met many of these people, don't know what they look or sound like, and from all that I'm supposed to create a structured evening?  Minimally, the MD can at least play me through the arrangements next week, but it's not the same, and I'll be flying blind.  I will see everyone at the band rehearsal, but since that now looks like it will be happening on Sunday evening just prior to the show, not much I can do about the order then, as I'll have to have a lighting script prepared.

But isn't that the way all NYC theatre benefits come together?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »

What I do object to is the fact that the politcally correct powers at WHV have also placed similar apologetic disclaimers in front of two cartoons on the discs, one featuring Bugs Bunny and the other Porky Pig.

Why?

All these wartime cartoons do is ridicule Hitler, Goering and the Nazis.

What studio shmuck thought we should apologize to them or their memory?

What's next?  Putting a disclaimer in front of SCHINDLER'S LIST and THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK?

>:(

Do those disclaimers make specific mention that the material contained in the cartoons may be offensive to white supremacists and racists?

*I'm also wondering if it's still some of the trickle down backlash from some of the hoopla over the release of the "Japs" Bugs Bunny cartoons from a couple of years ago.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2008, 10:15:49 AM »

I guess nobody but DR KERRY was brave enough to check out the song stylings of Janey Fallis.

I witnessed it first hand via DVD...I survived, thank goodness.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2008, 10:16:31 AM »

There's something odd going on.

I went over to IMDB and typed in the keyword "gay".

The search results lists 5588 titles that include the keyword "gay" in the keyword section of the listings.

IMDB, being of a generous mind, also gave a second result, for the keyword(s) "man-pretending-to-be-gay":  6199 titles!

Huh?

Pretending to be gay scored six hundred more titles than actually being gay?

There is something wrong here!   :P

I wonder how big the list is of actors pretending to be straight?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2008, 10:16:54 AM »

Do the best things truly happen while you're dancing??      :D

Well, on the stage of the Marquis Theatre here in NYC they do.  -At least through January 4, 2009.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2008, 10:17:25 AM »

I got no such e-mail, DR Jose.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2008, 10:18:24 AM »

I've seen only one play with a gay theme:  "Jeffrey".

Umm... Didn't you see Lestat during it's San Franciso tryout/labor?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2008, 10:18:51 AM »

What I do object to is the fact that the politcally correct powers at WHV have also placed similar apologetic disclaimers in front of two cartoons on the discs, one featuring Bugs Bunny and the other Porky Pig.

Why?

All these wartime cartoons do is ridicule Hitler, Goering and the Nazis.

What studio shmuck thought we should apologize to them or their memory?

What's next?  Putting a disclaimer in front of SCHINDLER'S LIST and THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK?

>:(

Do those disclaimers make specific mention that the material contained in the cartoons may be offensive to white supremacists and racists?

*I'm also wondering if it's still some of the trickle down backlash from some of the hoopla over the release of the "Japs" Bugs Bunny cartoons from a couple of years ago.

I don't have this set yet (it's coming, though).  I am wondering if the cartoons may have done stereotypical portrayals of Germans, or if there may have been something stereotypically "ethnic" about the characters that were lampooning the Nazis. 

I think they should simply print a disclaimer on the packaging material:  "The product may, inevitably, offend someone because of the attitudes/beliefs of the time in which the movies and shorts subjects were filmed.  Get over it or don't buy it."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2008, 10:19:57 AM »

The conference where I presented last Friday was at

Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center

It's a very up-to-date meeting facility (wireless Internet, etc.) in a beautiful setting.  Guess not all government buildings have to be dumps.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2008, 10:19:59 AM »

From Jose:
More precisely, if people start telling you that they received posts on their Wall saying that you told them that their pic is being posted on other websites... Then you know you have a problem.

But can I delete the messages so I don't accidentally open them?  I don't normally delete things that come in on Facebook.

The thing is is if YOU are the one being hacked, you won't receive the messages - only your friends will receive messages from "you".  So, if your friends are wondering about certain messages that "you" have posted, well, consider yourself hacked.

Got it. Thank you.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2008, 10:20:55 AM »

I've seen only one play with a gay theme:  "Jeffrey".

Umm... Didn't you see Lestat during it's San Franciso tryout/labor?

;D

Well, yes....but I don't think of it as "gay"-themed.   

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2008, 10:21:02 AM »

DR JEANNE is having an open house!

I thought Loretta Swit did C/L, I didn't look so I am probably wrong.  I forgot about Meg Foster, but I may be thinking about the original tv movie.

Yep, Loretta Swit did the TV movie, which I'm guessing was not a pilot, which suddenly strikes me as odd.  I mean, why make a TV movie that smacks of being a pilot when one of your two leads is already tied up in one of your highest rated TV series?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2008, 10:21:04 AM »

Wow Ann, congratulations.  Who will keep the second car seat?

it means Jed will have one in his car too, so we won't have to move one back and forth.

Much more convenient. :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2008, 10:23:36 AM »

Did any other DRs get an e-mail this morning that was most obviously compiled from the e-mail addresses - at least the non-hidden ones - on this site?

*bk - I thought it had been set up that only registered members could access the profile information?  -Or was someone/some program phishing from the "old site"?

No e-mail here, but then my e-mail address is spoofed.

(Unless you are talking about the message from DR Panni about her TV movie this past weekend?)
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2008, 10:25:35 AM »

I didn't receive anything. 

Now that you have hidden your email address do you still see it when you click on your own name?  I find it confusing I can still see my own address when it should say hidden.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2008, 10:26:15 AM »

What the hell is it with all these ticket agencies these days? I just bought 2 tickets to BURY THE DEAD and the Transport Group's site says they're $38 each. Well, each ticket has from the agency a $3.55 additional charge so why the hell don't they tell you the goddam tickets are $41.55 each? And then they want you to add a donation as well? Give my back my $7.10 and I'll consider it!

I get this same sudden additional charge crap now for NYMF, the Fringe Festival, etc.

Well, at least that's "better" than Telecharge's $7.00 per ticket charge and the additional $7.00 per order service charges.

Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2008, 10:26:28 AM »

My newly married friends got their announcement in the NY Times, here.   :)

Congrats to the happy couple.

And in their 60's!--there's hope for me yet!
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2008, 10:27:27 AM »

I didn't receive anything. 

Now that you have hidden your email address do you still see it when you click on your own name?  I find it confusing I can still see my own address when it should say hidden.

The "hidden" applies to other not being able to see your e-mail address.  It will always be visible to you so that you can confirm it.  Otherwise, how would you know it's right or wrong?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2008, 10:29:43 AM »

my e-mail address is spoofed.

It got the old SNL treatment, eh?

Laura

« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »

Is that the little girl singing about Irish Eyes?
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2008, 10:30:29 AM »

LOL-It worked fine before, at least I thought it showed hidden when I checked it.

All of a sudden Facebook isn't sending me emails.  I had a new invite last night or today, no email.  I'll have to check that out later.

Off to take Sherlock for a short walk, short because his tummy is upset.

singdaw

« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2008, 10:31:14 AM »

And in their 60's!--there's hope for me yet!

Well, yes.  But they have been together 35 years already.   :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up