Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THOSE DARN ESKIMOS  (Read 20981 times)

Miss Karen

Re: THOSE DARN ESKIMOS
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 07:32:32 AM »

Well, *poof* -- DR FJL is mysteriously enchanting, too, and disappeared before I posted my post ... never mind ....

FJL

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 07:34:08 AM »

Miss Karen - The chocolate I buy is too classy to have wrappers.  So it would just have been an empty box by the time it got to you.

FJL

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2008, 07:34:55 AM »

Empty, except for the little sheet with the calorie and nutrition info, of course

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2008, 07:36:54 AM »

I've never been a big fan of foreign-language films, primarily because I hate reading the subtitles. 

That's work!

:)

However, there are a few that I do like very much.  Among the ones from France are

JEAN de FLORETTE
MANON OF THE SPRING
CACHE
THE APARTMENT
You can dream…or you can do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2008, 07:40:50 AM »

Happy Saturday.  After sleeping on it, I have decided to take it all back and do carpet.   LOL, so I'm keeping dad's mitre saw, taking back the table saw and all the flooring.  Luckily I've only opened one box, so the most they will refuse to take back is one box, but I'm going to try to get them to take all of it and see what happens.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2008, 07:40:51 AM »

Well, geez...I'm online at the same time as Miss Karen.

And the world didn't end...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 07:42:23 AM »

Miss Karen - The chocolate I buy is too classy to have wrappers.  So it would just have been an empty box by the time it got to you.

Yes, "unjacketed" they would all have made a run for it and gone over the border into Canada!!!!

[snark]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2008, 07:42:28 AM »

Better get dressed and start carrying.  It will be a good workout

Miss Karen

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2008, 07:44:19 AM »

Yes, Ronnie, there is a Santa ...

....and his gift to you is my gratuitous posting ... it is, indeed, the Season of Miracles ....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2008, 07:45:09 AM »

Yes, Ronnie, there is a Santa ...

....and his gift to you is my gratuitous posting ... it is, indeed, the Season of Miracles ....

Oh, please, you're nowhere near gratuitous postings these days.  Our DR friend Singdaw has redefined "gratuitous" into a singular artform.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:47:13 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2008, 07:49:39 AM »

Yes, "Miss Karen", as a contributor, has a become  a refreshingly welcome -- albeit brief, but energetic -- presence who darts in and darts out...like a dragonfly or hummingbird.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2008, 07:50:49 AM »

I have many errands to run this a.m., plus I have a haircut appointment.

It's cold outside.  COLD.  And it's supposed to rain.

Ah, me...

Miss Karen

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2008, 07:50:51 AM »

Well, let's see what ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2008, 07:51:01 AM »

... I can do ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2008, 07:51:12 AM »

... about ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2008, 07:51:22 AM »

... that ...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2008, 07:59:54 AM »

DR MATTH - in BELLS OF ST MARY'S - the young boy who boxed with Ingrid Bergman is Richard Tyler.

He played the title role in Moss Hart's CHRISTOPHER BLAKE on Broadway.  He also appeared in a few episodes of MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY as Gina's boyfriend when Annette was making her appearances on the show in 1959.

Richard was also in ATOMIC SUBMARINE.  He was a bodybuilder and wrote a book about bodybuilding during the 1960's.  He is now a chiropractor and was the head of Gov. Arnold S.'s commission on the practice when AS first became governor of California.

Thank you so much for this info, DR JRand. I would never have known it if you hadn't mentioned it. I will check out that book link today.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2008, 08:01:29 AM »

Good morning!

An absolutely beautiful December morning! But it IS cold, so I'll be happily inside for most of the day.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2008, 08:03:40 AM »

I got a very irritating e-mail from Amazon this morning saying that a recent order that contained a DVD Christmas gift for best friend John and Farley Granger's autobiography in paperback which I ordered was returned as UNDELIVERABLE!

I've lived at this address for almost 27 years and have had hundreds of orders from Amazon shipped here with no problem. There was NOTHING in this order which would need to be signed for, so I guess maybe the addres got smudged or ripped on the box. I can't think of any other reason why it would be undeliverable.

But it sure as heck is IRRITATING!

Miss Karen

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2008, 08:05:21 AM »

How rude, the HHW police cut me off in the middle of a gratuitous post and flashed a message that I couldn't post  ... I do not like this new formatting at HHW -- it also will not let me do the quote/reply to already posted posts ... I demand an explanation .... (or is DR Ronnie P just messin' with my mind .... and my gratuitous posts? Hmmmm?!)

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2008, 08:07:20 AM »

TOD:

LA BELLE ET LA BETE

THE 400 BLOWS

JULES ET JIM

BREATHLESS

all of Melville's gangster noirs and ARMY OF DARKNESS

RIFIFI

THE LAST METRO

THE UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2008, 08:09:50 AM »

BK:

Re HITLER: THE LAST TEN DAYS. I reviewed that DVD last summer, and at the time it didn't dawn on me that the image had been reformatted (didn't mention it in my review at all), but from later research, I believe the film was indeed produced in Panavision and cropped for that low budget DVD release.

Miss Karen

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2008, 08:12:27 AM »

I agree, DR RickShaw, is the King of Gratuitousness -- I mean, he's even a master at that letter-jumping, balloon-dancing, graphic-enhancing, photo-shopping type of gratuitousness that I haven't a clew 'bout ... so no contest ...

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2008, 08:13:02 AM »

Tonight on HBO-HD is I AM LEGEND, the third attempt at telling Richard Matheson's original tale. I liked it, but it's not a great film (the CGI and live action doesn't always blend very well). Certainly has some really exciting and terrifying moments, though. If you like sci-fi end-of-the-world scenarios and were unsatisfied with Charlton Heston's THE OMEGA MAN, try this one to see if you like it better

Miss Karen

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2008, 08:13:56 AM »

... so let the coronation begin .. oops, wait, the King is missing, so pause the crowning 'til another day ...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:31:05 AM by Miss Karen »

Miss Karen

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2008, 08:30:54 AM »

I would love to stay and play, but gotta get ready and head over to the theatre (ugggggh -- costuming this show has been the worst experience, and I usually love costuming) -- first, all the cash was stolen from my wallet last week (a first at that theatre since I've been involved there since 2000), but the good news is just the cash not the wallet or purse, so I still have my credit card, license, etc. -- and it's the first time that I've had folks purposefully misplace/hide their costume items (the one elf is the ring leader, they've been hiding each other's costume pieces -- it's like the movie Mean Girls -- tweens! --- I swear she's like the Bad Seed, I mean, she hasn't killed any one (yet) but she's that cute, smiling, all nice to your face, but pure evil behind your back type tween -- and there are two divas in the adult cast -- I've never done it before, but after this show, the letter is going to the production committee (all the directors, a bunch of the crew folks, etc., since we don't have an artistic director) to warn them that if they cast these folks again, it's at their own risk -- I know I won't costume a show if they're in it ...

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2008, 08:39:59 AM »

BK Trivia Question!  (That maybe not even BK will know the answer to).  I'm reviewing a new 2 DVD set of Mythbusters episodes, and one contained a very interesting little tidbit of information.  Does anyone know the connection between Mythbusters and our very own BK?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2008, 08:40:44 AM »

The read-through yesterday afternoon of Act I of TANGLED WEBS went nicely.

Here's what we sent out to a few places as a sort-of limited-release press release.

An informal read-through of the first act of a new musical, Tangled Webs, took place on Friday December 12, in Manhattan.

The musical is about an elegant Park Avenue woman (played in the read-through by Rebecca Luker)...
In a very nice coincidence, I was playing the Luker/Kimmel/Moore collaboration, the CD Anything Goes in the office on Thursday.  Gina, our florist, really liked what she was hearing.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Miss Karen

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2008, 08:41:04 AM »

... hmmmm, I could really mess with her .... hide all of her gingerbread costume stuff, and she won't get to do the gingerbread dance ... it would teach her not to mess with the costumer ..... hmmmmmm, it wouldn't mess up the show, cause we were missing a gingerbread dancer for a school show the other day -- 7 or 8 gingerbread -men - give or take a few, the audience doesn't know the difference, and they have no lines, so it doesn't mess up the story or the show .... hmmmmmm ... or just lock her in the costume room so she misses her gingerbread cue .... it's not nice to mess with the crew .... hmmmmmmmm ....

....the little devil on my shoulder is saying "Do it! Do it! while the little angel is saying "Karen, how could you -- and a holiday show at that! ..... "Do it! Do it!" ....
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:44:42 AM by Miss Karen »

Miss Karen

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2008, 08:43:06 AM »

Enough venting, I've really gotta scram! Adieu!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up