Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: RODION SHCHEDRIN  (Read 22082 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: RODION SHCHEDRIN
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 05:58:38 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes for the sister of DearReaderLaura! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 05:58:46 AM »

Hi, DR Elmore - Vibes for your trip!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 06:00:17 AM »

Travel vibes to Elmore.

I still haven't caught up.

And I don't know what time zone I'm in.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 06:00:21 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Felicitations to Our DR tomovoz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 06:01:34 AM »

Happy Birthday, Tomovoz!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2008, 06:01:51 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  It's my (last) one-day weekend and Richard and I both are staying home from church.  He's on the mend, but still not up to anything elaborate.

Gasp! No church for Richard? (sound of falling body and chair) That toe must be serious!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 06:31:05 AM »

I fell asleep before the end of the P/S COUNT THREE AND PRAY, so I don't know if Mr Robert Osborne mentioned Miss Allison Hayes in his closing remarks last night............
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 06:42:43 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  It's my (last) one-day weekend and Richard and I both are staying home from church.  He's on the mend, but still not up to anything elaborate.

Gasp! No church for Richard? (sound of falling body and chair) That toe must be serious!

LOL!

Well, he was supposed to officiate today, so had to make a decision Friday in order for them to make other arrangements.  He had his sermon all written, too.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 06:43:13 AM »

I'm off to do some errands before places get too crowded.  Bye for now!

Kerry

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2008, 06:43:57 AM »

Among other things yesterday, I attended a Edgar Allen Poe reading titled, "Bleak December."   It's really quite fantastic HEARING the words aloud and not reading them off the page.  Quite an experience and wonderful descriptions. 
  I'm going to title my next book, Arabesque of Unskilled Limbs."
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2008, 06:46:15 AM »

Tomovoz, many kisses , hugs and cake for you today.  You are a dear, dear man!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2008, 06:50:06 AM »

Travel vibes to Elmore.

I still haven't caught up.

And I don't know what time zone I'm in.

Looking forward to seeing you in a few hours; I've missed you, your pictures, and your whining!
 ;)
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 06:59:04 AM »

Anne Cusack, Los Angeles Times
REDISCOVERY: Corina Boettger stars as J.M. Barrie’s perpetual boy in Santa Barbara Theatre’s revival of the 1950 “Peter Pan.” Not a musical but a play with music, it’s billed as the first production using Bernstein’s full score.

LATIMES

For years, "Peter Pan" stayed buried in plain sight, listed under "Theater Works," that could be licensed for performance. In 1997, Alexander Frey, then the Rome Philharmonic Orchestra's U.S.-born principal conductor, came across a song, "Dream With Me," which had been cut from the original Broadway production.

"If there was one song cut from the original production, might there be more music existing that may have met a similar fate?" Frey wrote in the liner notes for the 2005 recording he conducted for Koch International Classics after years searching for the answer.

Amazing - buried until 1997 when that clever conductor "rediscoverd" Dream With Me.

I guess BK's recording, "The Musical Adventures of Peter Pan" the  year before is just chopped liver.

der Brucer

For THIS der B woke me up in the middle of the night, hunting for the Peter Pan CD.  Which was in the living rom, not my bedroom.  Which I was instantly able to hand to him, and if it was a snake it would have bit him.

Sheesh.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 07:05:24 AM »

Well, my Son-in-Law has finished refurbishing the California house and is about to start his long journey home to his family in Maryland. He's driving a truck and towing a large trailer - and has never done any long distance driving. I laid out the whole trip for him and made all his Motel reservations. Hopefully, the weather will behave as best can be expected in December. (I warned him in Aug that he'd best plan on leaving no later than the end of Oct.)...

I don't know why you're surprised that no one in that family listens to you.  They never even listen to each other.

*Le sigh.*
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 07:09:40 AM »

Happy
Birthday
DR Tomovoz!!!

Miss Karen

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2008, 07:16:09 AM »

Mornin' derWoody -- where is everyone?

Miss Karen

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2008, 07:16:46 AM »

HAPPY BD to DR Tomovoz -- and many more!

Miss Karen

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2008, 07:17:50 AM »

Good trip vibes to my darlin' ELmo!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2008, 07:26:43 AM »

I think everyone is still snug-a-bed, Miss Karen.

As for me...

...Workies!

(It gives me something to do.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2008, 07:32:03 AM »

A thought...

One of the books that arrived in the latest Jessica's Biscuit delivery is Bruce Aidells's Complete Book of Pork.  I'd take it in with me to work, to set next to my register, but something tells me it would be intemperate to do so, this close to Hanukkah.

::)

Now, Workies.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2008, 07:35:39 AM »

And now I am off to work.  I wonder if DR MISS KAREN carried out her nefarious plan yesterday?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2008, 07:35:59 AM »

Happy birthday, Tomovoz!
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2008, 07:37:24 AM »

We watched HORTON HEARS A WHO! last night.  Very cute.  Marvelous animation.

Today, we're going to go see FROST/NIXON.
You can dream…or you can do.

Miss Karen

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2008, 07:38:55 AM »

The angel won -- and my little devil is none to happy about that -- guess the director in me would never mess with someone's show (plus I really like the director) -- but I guess my speech (I didn't get to that part yesterday) to the cast the day before closing (basically that we're a small theatre, directors and crews talk, so if you want to get cast in future shows, you best not get the reputation of being a trouble maker or diva) did the trick because none of the costume stuff went missing during matinee or closing and the Bad Seed was sickeningly and overly sweet and obliging (the little devil couldn't resist and blurted out "I know you did it" as I carried the box of the gingerbread costume pieces past the Bad Seed as she was heading out the door ...) and the two adult divas were also kissin' up ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2008, 07:55:53 AM »

... of course, she made a beeline for her parents and they came up and wanted to know why I was accusing their daughter of stealing things (let me count the ways)  -- I said not stealing but hiding the costume pieces, and that I had told them three times it had to stop, the Bad Seed starts denying it, and the dad says how do you know she did it, so I start to give examples of what her and her cohorts were doing, she's denying it, so I quickly tire of the her word against mine game and finally said, "Trust me, I know" and walked away (I hadn't even gotten to the one about one of the other parents who helped wrangle them confirming who the guilty ones were ...)

Miss Karen

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2008, 07:59:01 AM »

Time to let it go, Karen -- except I wonder if they'll be at the clean-up/strike the set ... which means I gotta scram -- gotta load of the clean costumes to return...

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 08:05:05 AM »

It's snowing in Portland!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2008, 08:08:41 AM »

I'm off to Ohio! My next post will be from there.  God bless you all and have a great day!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2008, 08:10:41 AM »

Good morning!

It's overcast here and cold this morning though we're to see a warming trend this week with plenty of rain.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2008, 08:12:54 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Tomovoz!!!!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up