Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: ATTACK OF THE CLONES  (Read 36479 times)

MBarnum

Re:ATTACK OF THE CLONES
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2004, 09:10:10 PM »

Jenny, you tell Maya that DR MBarnum says that she ought to stop in and say hello now and again just so we know she is doing well! We miss seeing her little face here!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2004, 09:11:41 PM »

A few days ago, somebody (I think it was you, BK) asked what happened to Maya.  She and I have done the ol' switcheroo, so to speak.  She's off achieving goddess status on Sondheim.com, and I'm here starting from scratch.  I think that I'm on official order from her to replace her, but I'm not sure.  Regardless, she's doing well (And will be staying with me for a few nights next week!) and is littering (Littering, I tell you!) the internet with kind words about HHW.

While I'm posting til the cows make their triumphant return, I'd like to ask if anybody has a production script of "Assassins".  I start rehearsals for the Oswald scene tomorrow (I'm directing), and the published copy of the script doesn't include Zangara's Italian monologue.  Does anybody have the text of that monologue?  Thanks in advance.

The two times I've done Assassins, the Zangara's Italian monologue was never in either version of the scripts we had.  Thankfully, the first time, our Zangara spoke fluent Italian, so he was able to come up with the rest of it on his own.  The second time, we turned to the language department of our local university.

*You may be able to post on sondheim.com and get an answer.  Or even try the list-serv.  ???

-And, who knows?  Maybe MTI's rental materials now include the rest of the Italian monologue.

**From what we gathered after various conversations with various people, since Weidman did not write the actual Italian monologues, that's the reason it's not in the published script.  ???

***And PLEASE tell Maya that she is more than welcome to post here on HHW still.  Doesn't have to be hourly, daily or weekly... But we do miss our beloved Swishy.  :'(

-We would at least like a Morgan Le Fey update.  Well, I know I would like one.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: March 03, 2004, 09:13:31 PM »

Yes, we would treasure a Maya return.  In fact, that would be a true Mayan treasure.  Yes, she should e-mail me post haste and she should also haste post.  You are doing very well, lingo-wise, dear Jenny.  Pointy party hats and colored tights and pantaloons will be in evidence tomorrow, that much I can tell you.

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #153 on: March 03, 2004, 09:20:01 PM »

I'm passing on all your messages to Maya, and I imagine she'll be returning some time soon.  How could she not, when such lovely people are asking her to!

The two times I've done Assassins, the Zangara's Italian monologue was never in either version of the scripts we had.  Thankfully, the first time, our Zangara spoke fluent Italian, so he was able to come up with the rest of it on his own.  The second time, we turned to the language department of our local university.

*You may be able to post on sondheim.com and get an answer.  Or even try the list-serv.  ???

-And, who knows?  Maybe MTI's rental materials now include the rest of the Italian monologue.

**From what we gathered after various conversations with various people, since Weidman did not write the actual Italian monologues, that's the reason it's not in the published script.  ???

***And PLEASE tell Maya that she is more than welcome to post here on HHW still.  Doesn't have to be hourly, daily or weekly... But we do miss our beloved Swishy.  :'(

-We would at least like a Morgan Le Fey update.  Well, I know I would like one.

I didn't realize that MTI's script doesn't include the Zangara monologue.  Thank you for telling me.  I suppose I'll turn to one of the Italian teachers at school for a translation.  

Now, you refer to Maya as your "beloved Swishy", but wouldn't Sarah be the Swishy?  Are they both Swishy?  Are they really one person?  I just want to clarify!  You never known! ;)
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2004, 09:23:19 PM »

Now, you refer to Maya as your "beloved Swishy", but wouldn't Sarah be the Swishy?  Are they both Swishy?  Are they really one person?  I just want to clarify!  You never known! ;)

To quote Britney Spears (ugh) - Ooops, I did it again.  *Sorry, Maya-Papaya.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2004, 09:25:16 PM »

There is only one Swishy and that is Sarah.  We had other names for Maya, like Maya the Force be with you, and Very Warm for Maya, and Maya Heart is so Full of You.

Jenny

« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2004, 09:27:30 PM »

There is only one Swishy and that is Sarah.  We had other names for Maya, like Maya the Force be with you, and Very Warm for Maya, and Maya Heart is so Full of You.

Brilliant names.

Maya's going to be lurking any second now.  Might I suggest bombarding her with colorful and attractive "Welcome back" posts?

Aaaand she changed her mind.  I've had quite enough of playing middle man.  ::Scratches head::  Why am I still awake?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 09:33:33 PM by Jenny »
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2004, 09:35:37 PM »

I had a nice e-mail from Maya and I do hope she'll return when and if she's ready.  

You are awake because haineshisway.com is ADDICTIVE, like Diet Coke.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2004, 09:36:21 PM »

I didn't realize that MTI's script doesn't include the Zangara monologue.  Thank you for telling me.  I suppose I'll turn to one of the Italian teachers at school for a translation.  

Jenny, I just tried pumping the speech through a on-line translator located at http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box .  It came out like this:

Siamo quei disperati, quei persi... viviamo le nostre vite nel exile,
espatriamo nel nostro proprio paese... andiamo alla deriva dalla
nascita alla morte despairingly, inconsolable... ma, con voi ed il
vostro atto, osiamo sperare... attraverso voi ed il vostro atto siamo
fatti rivivere ed il dato significato... le nostre vite, i nostri atti
è dato a significato... la nostra caduta di frustrazioni via, i
nostri sogni più affettuosi viene allineare, per l'oggi, noi è
reborn attraverso voi... pensate che non possiate collegare? Colleghi
a noi... pensate che siate powerless? Autorizzili!

I can't guarantee the exactness of it, but maybe you can play with it some or find another on-line italian translator.

Hmmm...now that I look at this, it seems like it doesn't translate words it doesn't understand.  You might have to do some tweaking here...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 09:47:44 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2004, 09:39:57 PM »

That is Eyetalian baby.   Jenny, I hope Maya got my e-mail response and that it pleased her.

Jenny

« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2004, 09:47:26 PM »

Thank you so much so much for that translation, Dan!  I'm sure we can use it somehow.  Thanks again!

You are awake because haineshisway.com is ADDICTIVE, like Diet Coke.

Diet Coke and haineshisway.com are both freakishly addictive, that is true.  

::Waits for Maya to finish reading your email::

She won't tell me what you wrote (Killjoy!), but she seems pleased as punch with your reaction.

Well, I've reached the point of exhaustion where I no longer care where the cows are or if they ever find their way back.  They can never return like poor old Charlie on the MTA for all I care, but I am going to bed.  I made a noble effort to post til the cows come home but...such is life.

Goodnight, fair and gentle readers.  

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2004, 10:06:10 PM »

Okay, people, cue up the brass section!  I want a big comeback with lots of fanfare and hoopla!

I'm back.  BK wrote me an entirely too sweet and gracious e-mail, and I would have been a total ogre if that had not moved me to come back.  

I really did miss you all, but I think a break ultimately did me well.  I have lots to catch up on, I'm sure, but there's plenty of time to do that.  I really am moved by the love and friendship on this here site.  

Anyway, Jenny is waiting for me to post so she can get to bed.  She's not a night owl like me.  

Isn't she the best though?  

Jenny

« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2004, 10:08:28 PM »

Isn't she the best though?  

Oh, she's just darling!  ;)

I'm happy that you're back, Maya...now I can go to bed!

:-*

Jed

« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2004, 10:09:26 PM »

Maya!!!  So wonderful to see my old HHW flirting partner back among us! ;)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2004, 10:11:35 PM »

Well, I had a horrible night's sleep last night, so I'm afraid I shall be Mayor of Wussville and head to bed at this unseemly early hour tonight.  See all y'all tomorrow!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2004, 10:11:45 PM »

Welcome back to one of our haineshisway.com favorites!  The sun'll come out tomaya.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2004, 10:15:31 PM »

AWWWW!!!

To think I thought you guys would pelt rotten veggies at me.   :-* :-* :-*

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2004, 10:15:32 PM »

Welcome Back Maya! (almost a "Welcome Back, Kotter" reference)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2004, 10:20:24 PM »

Maya, Maya, my!  Oh,
Why did you ever leave us, May-o?

(welcome back)
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2004, 10:56:09 PM »

We've missed you, Maya.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2004, 11:18:54 PM »

I missed all the drama of Maya's return! Welcome back, Mayuska!

Now I'm all alone out here in HHW-land after a 14 hour writing day. But I basically finished so that all I have to do tomorrow is to go over the rewrite of the rewrite of the rewrite... What was it Gerrude Stein said?... A rewrite is a rewrite is a rewrite... I can't see straight, DRs who aren't here. I don't even see dead people. Enough of this monologue. I'm going to get ready for bed and come back near midnight to celebrate the birth of me.

Panni

« Reply #171 on: March 03, 2004, 11:20:04 PM »

Other people just showed up. Good. I can stop talking to myself.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2004, 11:36:30 PM »

AWWWW!!!

To think I thought you guys would pelt rotten veggies at me.   :-* :-* :-*
NO!!!  NEVER!!!

For one thing, that's not our style!

For another, we're rotten throwers, never can hit what we're aming at.   ::)

Maya, you know you've been missed, and we're glad to have you back with us!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

« Reply #173 on: March 03, 2004, 11:48:52 PM »

I'm sitting at the computer knitting.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up