Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SUNDAY - A DAY OF NO REST  (Read 28705 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: SUNDAY - A DAY OF NO REST
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »

PAGE SIX MOVIN' OUT DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2009, 12:37:07 PM »

Sunday morning greetings!  We're off to Cincinnati for Richard to officiate at morning prayer.  It's entirely possible that I will be the only one in the congregation, as Rob and Mary Linda are at a retreat in Indiana with another church group.

I hope there are more people in the congregations than DR Ginny!!!

Well, DR Jane, there were 4 others, and one of them took us out to lunch afterwards.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2009, 01:07:51 PM »

Welcome back, DR MattH!

*And I'm guessing programming new programming against the "Golden Globes" is not a new thing is it?

No, the Golden Globes, while a popular show, has never had the killer ratings that something like the Oscars has. Heck, I noticed that the networks are programming new stuff against AMERICAN IDOL's debut this week. The nets don't lie down and play dead any more except for the Super Bowl.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2009, 01:09:44 PM »

Another one gone. Don Galloway, who played Det. Sgt Ed Brown on tv's IRONSIDE passed away on Thursday in Reno, Nv. He was 71.

Oh, how sad! I really liked him.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2009, 01:12:51 PM »

DR Matt H, welcome back! I'm glad the DSL break was a short one.

It was almost exactly 24 hours. I have to wonder if AT&T was doing some kind of maintenance or upgrades or something because I have never had trouble with the DSL unless the entire phone line was out of service. My phone line was perfectly fine. It was just the DSL which would drop on and off line.

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2009, 01:14:13 PM »

Once again, many thanks for all the good wishes and welcome backs. I was really anxious to get back, and coupled with the car battery problem I had on Friday, I believe I can do without this kind of weekend for the rest of 2009.

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »

I watched the next episode of THE STARTER WIFE while I cooked and ate lunch. Mildly pleasant episode. Judy Davis really does walk away with the acting honors.

singdaw

« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2009, 01:16:01 PM »

DR Matt H. - so sorry to hear about your car trouble, and WELCOME BACK!!!! :)  :)  :)

singdaw

« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2009, 01:17:19 PM »

Jogging in jean cut-offs?

If bk shows a little leg and sticks out his thumb, he'd probably get a ride!!!    :)

singdaw

« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2009, 01:18:08 PM »

***PACKING & MOVING & UTILITY VIBES***
for DR Jeanne!!!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2009, 01:19:22 PM »

I then had time to watch six more episodes of WALKER, TEXAS RANGER. Interesting guest stars: Lee Majors, Gary Busey, Michael Parks in various episodes. I'll say this, if one was a fan of the show, you got the same thing week after week: bullets and brawls. At least one fight scene in every show, a shoot-out in most of them, and high speed chases in about every four episodes. Lots of tender stories about kids at risk (about 1/3 of the shows involve children in perilous conditions).

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2009, 01:20:53 PM »

DR Matt H. - so sorry to hear about your car trouble, and WELCOME BACK!!!! :)  :)  :)

Thanks. Yeah, I mentioned it in passing on Friday - a dead battery. Ordinarily, I wouldn't have cared, but I wanted to get finished with the TV box set I was reviewing (MATLOCK), and every lost hour cut my chances of finishing it that night. Luckily, things got fixed very fast, and I was able to finish MATLOCK with time to spare.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2009, 01:22:30 PM »

I'll likely NOT watch the Golden Globes tonight. I'll record them; read who won on the net later tonight, and then decide if I want to hear any of the speeches of the winners (depending who they are). Then, if there are, I'll speed through the show to watch those speeches.

I do plan to watch '24' "live," and then at 10, watch tonight's DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and as much of BROTHERS & SISTERS as I can squeeze in before 11 p.m.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2009, 01:25:02 PM »

BK - If you're having such issues posting with photobucket, you might try tinypic.com.  I use it more often than photobucket, these days.  You can upload, just like you would in photobucket, then use the "IMG code for message boards and forums" link, which I've highlighted here in blue

click on it and copy-paste in whatever manner you choose, and post it directly into a message. 

I'm just sayin...

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2009, 01:43:04 PM »

DR FJL, did you know that they are starting direct train service from NYC to Atlantic CIty?  It's a new New Jersey Transit line.  (It sounds a little pricey, though.) 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2009, 01:45:33 PM »

Sunday morning greetings!  We're off to Cincinnati for Richard to officiate at morning prayer.  It's entirely possible that I will be the only one in the congregation, as Rob and Mary Linda are at a retreat in Indiana with another church group.

Health vibes to all DRs in need and to the MiL of DR Edi!

DR Ginny, if you are the only one in the congregation, couldn't you just have the service at home? ;)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2009, 01:46:06 PM »

Just finished watching a very surprising but deserving Eagles win over the Giants.  One step closer to the Super Bowl!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2009, 01:47:18 PM »

Sorry to hear about DR MATTH's computer woes.  However after last night's beautiful full moon - today is the first day of our lovely Mercury retrograde which always brings with it computer and other electronic bolts and bumps, computer and travel delays - watch out DR DRUXY and  DR JOSE - and the suggestion NOT to buy major appliances, cars, or other electronic devices.....

Said retrograde will end on February 1st!

Why didn't you tell me this sooner, lol.  I spent a good part of the early afternoon at the office fighting with my computer and a new program I'm not particularly fond of

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2009, 01:50:23 PM »

Ah... here we are again, day two of TK&I auditions.  We've seen 3 potential kids and 1 potential Louis, except his voice has already changed.  It may be able to work, though.  I think we should try and CGI kids and male ensemble, has that been done before?  LOL

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2009, 01:53:34 PM »

I hope there are more people in the congregations than DR Ginny!!!

LOL. I should have kept reading before posting
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 02:03:20 PM by Cillaliz »

Ginny

« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2009, 01:58:12 PM »

Health vibes to all DRs in need and to the MiL of DR Edi!

DR Ginny, if you are the only one in the congregation, couldn't you just have the service at home? ;)

We actually did something like that a few weeks ago when Richard was incapacitated with his infected toe and Rob and Mary Linda were staying with us.  We had evening prayer at the dining room table - it was quite nice.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »

OK, my quick afternoon surf if finished, and I need to head back down to clean the guest bath, put away the folded laundry, and then get back to those last few episodes of WALKER TEXAS RANGER.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2009, 01:59:39 PM »

...I think we should try and CGI kids and male ensemble, has that been done before?  LOL

DR Matthew, if you figure out how to do that, maybe we could CGI some Anglican congregants and even a choir!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2009, 01:59:48 PM »

Well, Jose, I've checked for updates (none), I've shut down, and I just tried copying the image code and it's not taking, so something is amiss and it ain't with ME.

BK, when you copy the image code from Photobucket, are you relying on the website's automatic copy or do you do an actual copy (Cntrl + "C" on a PC, I donno what on a MAC.)  I've often found that Photobucket's autocopy doesn't always work so I do a manual copy and paste of the code.

Also, are you copying the code from the fourth box of code labled "IMG Code"?  THat's the one that includes the
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2009, 02:04:26 PM »

You mean this, DR Dan (the Man)?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2009, 02:04:54 PM »

The birds are at the feeder like crazy in anticipation of the upcoming snow, I presume. As a result Boo is beside herself and driving me crazy

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2009, 02:12:29 PM »

Yes, I'm doing everything correctly in Photobucket, but whatever update happened, it completely screwed up everything.  I'll try Ann's site.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2009, 02:13:47 PM »

bk - Have you tried using Firefox?

;)

*I seriously have no idea why you've lost Cut and Paste capability.  Are you able to Cute and Paste otherwise (text blocks, etc.)?

**Does the IMG field at least turn blue/highlighted when you click in the box? If it does, then all you should have to do is click Apple+C to copy the link to your clipboard, then Apple+V to paste it.  Have you also tried the manual copying?  -Highlighting the text, then clicking on "Edit" up in the menu bar, then clicking on "Copy"? Otherwise... Since we're on a King & I kick today, "It's a puzzlement."
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2009, 02:15:21 PM »

Well, let's see if tinypic works.

Yep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?