Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: GIBBERISH  (Read 40903 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: GIBBERISH
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2009, 03:14:50 PM »

I don't know who is in the path of the winter weather onslaught....did Cilla ever weigh in or whether she got the blizzard or merely a snowfall?

Here in Oakland, the weather is gorgeous and warm.  Too warm.  It's in the mid-70s, there are some gusting winds and the sky is blue, blue, blue.

I'd love it if the winds didn't wreak havoc with my sinuses!  For some reason the more air that rushes around me decreases the pneuma I need inside me.

We were expecting some snow and temps warm enough to crust it over so the 50 mph winds wouldn't blow it around.  Guess again....we left the office around 3:00. It was pretty nasty and is still bad out.  I don't know if we're officially having a blizzard here, but it's snowing the wind is 35-50 mph and you can't see very well.

BTW the word blizzard was first used in my home town, Estherville, Iowa, by the then editor of the newspaper.

Interesting.

I'm glad you are home.

Laura

« Reply #271 on: January 12, 2009, 03:22:05 PM »

Cillaliz will hate me for saying this, but it is 71F and sunny here.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Cillaliz

« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2009, 03:34:59 PM »

MR BK did you ever audition or get a call for a production of THE OWL AND THE PUSSYCAT?
Owl and the Pussycat - I didn't appreciate that movie when I was  a child, but loved it when I caught up with it years later.

The night Keith told me he loved me was the night we saw THE OWL & THE PUSSYCAT with Bill Bixby.  I wish I had the ticket stub for that night.  That was in April, 1966. :)

Goodness, I hope he's said it more than once!  ;)

Correction, the first of many, many times he said he loved me ;)

I knew that, I just had to tease you :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2009, 03:36:06 PM »

Cillaliz will hate me for saying this, but it is 71F and sunny here.

DR Laura...the truth is I love blizzards. I'm wishing we had more snow

Jane

« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2009, 03:37:38 PM »

MR BK did you ever audition or get a call for a production of THE OWL AND THE PUSSYCAT?
Owl and the Pussycat - I didn't appreciate that movie when I was  a child, but loved it when I caught up with it years later.

The night Keith told me he loved me was the night we saw THE OWL & THE PUSSYCAT with Bill Bixby.  I wish I had the ticket stub for that night.  That was in April, 1966. :)

Goodness, I hope he's said it more than once!  ;)

Correction, the first of many, many times he said he loved me ;)

I knew that, I just had to tease you :D

I know, I was playing along ;) :)

Laura

« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2009, 03:41:01 PM »

Well, then, cuddle up with the girls in front of the fire and enjoy!
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2009, 03:41:14 PM »

I wonder how scrambled eggs made with chocolate milk would taste.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2009, 03:44:40 PM »

The public schools in Norfolk, NE (pronounced Nor Fork) aren't letting kids leave school until a parent picks them up.  I keep wondering about what happens to the kids if no parent shows up

What a mess at the schools while the parents collect the children.  Is that all levels? 

When we lived in Pennsylvania the elementary school would not let children leave with anyone but their parent without a signed note from the parent.  One stormy day my neighbor showed up at the door with my boys before I knew I should have picked them up.  The kids were in the same grades & one of our teachers was outside & let my friend take them.  Boy was I happy!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2009, 03:45:19 PM »

Why am I suddenly reminded of the film The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2009, 03:49:57 PM »

A dream I remember from my childhood:

Once upon a time, a brutish king and queen banned all color in their kingdom/queendom.  There were six children who could not stop living in color, so they were each encased in transparent bubbles, to contain their colors (one each for the primary and secondary colors, btw).  The children discovered that they could direct how and where their bubbles floated, and soon were crashing willy-nilly into the buildings and people and everything else that they could.  Color splattered everywhere, and the king and queen were unable to enforce their ban.

It was a very vivid dream - I must have been all of four or five when I dreamed it, and I remember it still.

And I have always dreamed in color.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2009, 03:52:34 PM »

Well, then, cuddle up with the girls in front of the fire and enjoy!

I am. I like when they say "NO TRAVEL STAY HOME"  my response is "GREAT!" In the winter I bring work home. I rarely do it, but if there is a storm and I need to stay home, I can still get work done if I want to or if I need to do it before the roads clear. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2009, 03:54:34 PM »

The public schools in Norfolk, NE (pronounced Nor Fork) aren't letting kids leave school until a parent picks them up.  I keep wondering about what happens to the kids if no parent shows up

What a mess at the schools while the parents collect the children.  Is that all levels? 

When we lived in Pennsylvania the elementary school would not let children leave with anyone but their parent without a signed note from the parent.  One stormy day my neighbor showed up at the door with my boys before I knew I should have picked them up.  The kids were in the same grades & one of our teachers was outside & let my friend take them.  Boy was I happy!

Not sure what levels. The news said that it was fine at 1:30 PM but then the wind came up and the superintendant decided it wasn't safe even for town kids (versus country kids) to walk home from school

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2009, 03:55:43 PM »

I wonder how scrambled eggs made with chocolate milk would taste.

Do you wonder enough to try it and let us know?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2009, 03:57:08 PM »

I remember lots and lots of dreams, all kinds.  Most of the time I don't remember them very long.  I have had dreams where I didn't like what was happening and said "This is my dream, stop it" and it changes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2009, 04:04:10 PM »

Wow, both the airport and the shopping mall are closed and they are pulling the plows off the road.  It must be worse than I thought out there

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2009, 04:05:07 PM »

We had a pretty free day today in Austin, so we decided to go to the movies and see SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE.

We bought our tickets, went into the theater and were surprised...actually shocked to discover that they serve food in the theater...right during the movie. 

I'm not not talking about popcorn and cokes.  I'm talking about salads, hamburgers, steak sandwiches, etc.  And, the waiters keep serving right during the film, bringing the check 45 minutes before the picture ends.

I don't know about you, but when I go to a movie, I want to see the movie.  I don't want the guy next to me fiddling with his food...which might have garlic in it.

The upshot was that, before the movie started, we got a refund, then went out to look at our new house once more before we come home tomorrow.

You can dream…or you can do.

singdaw

« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2009, 04:06:03 PM »

I am about to make myself some hot chocolate.   But I am not putting eggs in it.

singdaw

« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2009, 04:06:52 PM »

that they serve food in the theater...right during the movie. 

I'm not not talking about popcorn and cokes.  I'm talking about salads, hamburgers, steak sandwiches, etc.  And, the waiters keep serving right during the film, bringing the check 45 minutes before the picture ends.

What a horrible idea!   :(

Jane

« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2009, 04:07:44 PM »

Did the theater have regular seating or comfy loves seats & other living room types of seating?

Jane

« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2009, 04:08:50 PM »

LOL Singdaw.  Now I want hot chocolate with marshmallows.  I will not have any since I just had ice cream.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2009, 04:11:22 PM »

I have not yet read the posts on the Golden Globes. But my 2 favorite moments last night were:

1. Tina Fey's speech. So funny. I wish more speeches could be funny.

2. Kate Winslet the 2nd time. So gracious. So elegant. What a fantastic speaker even when nervous and flustered. Loved it.

Um, I have to disagree with #2, DR Jennifer.  I would have expected so much more eloquence from someone like Winslet.  And I really don't understand all the emotion involved.  For one thing, she is a critics' darling who should be used to heaps of praise she's received over the years of her career and for another--it's just the Golden Globe. 

I adore Kate Winslet and I don't begrudge her double win at all, but I think she's too much of a veteran to fall apart over the Golden Globes.
As opposed to Bette Midler, who held up her two awards for The Rose at chest level and said "How do you like these Golden Globes!"

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2009, 04:14:09 PM »

...Her reaction seemed somewhat effusive for the honor.....  Do you think that's how she reacts when she gets her change back from the cashier at the grocery store?
She hasn't yet, to my knowledge.

But then, I haven't seen her at the store....at least, not so far!

Cillaliz

« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2009, 04:14:14 PM »

I'm doing a little experiment with my diet this week.  With WW you get 35 "bonus" points to use anytime during the week.  I haven't been using them and have been losing weight.  I decided to eat more this week, use at least some of the points and see what happens.  i'm hoping for good news

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #293 on: January 12, 2009, 04:14:42 PM »

I'm slowly catching up on all the posts from yesterday and today.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #294 on: January 12, 2009, 04:15:03 PM »

Great news about DR Elisaurus' M-I-L!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #295 on: January 12, 2009, 04:16:48 PM »

I thought Kate Winslet's reaction was genuine.  It was nice to see someone so surprised and so happy.  I didn't find Tina Fey's speech to be funny. It seemed a bit pathetic to think she spends her time keeping track of bloggers or posters on the internet who don't like her. 

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #296 on: January 12, 2009, 04:16:53 PM »

Did the theater have regular seating or comfy loves seats & other living room types of seating?

Normal (uncomfortable) seats with sort of a wood bar in front of us.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #297 on: January 12, 2009, 04:23:57 PM »

I thought Kate Winslet's reaction was genuine.  It was nice to see someone so surprised and so happy. 

After all the talk here I had to find the the clip on YouTube.  I also compared her reaction, & speech, for her supporting actress win.  I found it obvious she was completely surprised to win best actress.  If not by her expression before the announcement, then by the simple the fact she had not prepared a speech.

I found her unrehearsed reaction & the delivery of her acceptance speech delightful. :)

Jane

« Reply #298 on: January 12, 2009, 04:25:23 PM »

I asked DR Druxy because Bryan always wanted us to go to a theater in Portland that had comfy seats & served pizza, beer & I don't know what else.  He never mentioned food was served during the movie.  I'm pretty sure he would have found that annoying.

Laura

« Reply #299 on: January 12, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »

I guess it is dinner theater. I wonder if they serve unbuttoned toast?
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up