Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAST OF JANUARY  (Read 24838 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re: THE LAST OF JANUARY
« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2009, 09:14:36 PM »

Sneak peek on the morrow:

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: January 31, 2009, 09:29:18 PM »

I'm through with viewing.  I'd love to write another page or two (have done four, I think) but I just don't know.  It would be great to get to the end of the chapter I'm on, but that would require six more pages, so I'd have to do three more tonight and three tomorrow morning before I print out.  I don't know.  I think I'll take a shower and see how I feel after that.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2009, 09:32:08 PM »

Whose got the marshmallows?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2009, 10:03:42 PM »

bk - Welcome to Twitter! ;)

*Twitter has been doing some "housecleaning" lately, as well as fixing some glitches.  Your thumbnail should appear soon.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #274 on: January 31, 2009, 10:07:38 PM »

Well...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2009, 10:09:28 PM »

Good luck at the auction. Don't spend too much!

I had a great time at the auction. It was for Girls, Inc.  It's a great cause.  I ended up with a basked with a DVD Lakeview Terrace (never heard of it) a bunch of popcorn stuff and an MP3 player.  I also got a basket with 10 tickets to see our local hockey team. No one else bid on it so I got it really cheap. When I started digging through it I found 10 Wal-Mart gift cards that are worth what I paid for the whole basket!

So, I had a good time and spent about what I wanted to.  There were a lot of big spenders there, I just watch them bid on the big stuff. I stick to the silent auctions where I have some control over what I spend

Cillaliz

« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2009, 10:18:17 PM »

When I came home I painted the bathroom down the basement.  I normally wouldn't have done it that late at night, but I have so much to do tomorrow that I needed the paint to dry tonight.  In the morning I will hang the wall paper in the part of the bathroom that gets wall paper, clean up my mess and scrub the floor and that bathroom will be finished, for the most part. 

I may put off cleaning out the new room until Monday or Tuesday.  I just have to get that done before the carpet layers come on Wednesday. 

Then I have a ton of work to get ready for a hearing Monday morning and I have to do the laundry. So glad weekends are relaxing!

DAW

« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2009, 10:19:01 PM »

I am on-line earlier than I expected. I didn't know how much time to give myself to write up my feelings about FRIDAY THE 13th Part 3

...and you thought that spending a little quality time with us DRs would put you in just the right frame of mind?       ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2009, 10:19:36 PM »

now I must sleep..

Oh, DR Laura, I was looking for some earrings to wear tonight and found my Phoenix Cardinals pin from the first year they were in Phoenix.  I shall wear it tomorrow.  Go Cards!

Cillaliz

« Reply #279 on: January 31, 2009, 10:20:09 PM »

Hola DR DAW.  Glad you are feeling better

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #280 on: January 31, 2009, 10:21:52 PM »

BK sent me a chastising email for not acknowledging my birthday wishes.  Sorry, I was in London for the past two weeks (during which my birthday fell) and came home Thursday to deal with an ice storm.  Belated thanks all for your felicitations.  More about London and the theatre scene anon. 

Sorry, BK, for all its flaws, I love the O'Toole Goodbye, Mr. Chips.  Long been a favourite of both mine and The Lovely Wife's with whom I saw it the first time.  In mentioning terrific performances, you forgot Sian Phillips (then Mrs. O'Toole) as the divine Ursula Mossbank.  O'Toole is one of those actors who can do little wrong for me.  Other fav  O'Toole's are Lion In Winter; Lawrence of Arabia; Becket; The Ruling Class; My Favourite Year; Venus.

DAW

« Reply #281 on: January 31, 2009, 10:24:25 PM »

Thanks, DR Cillaliz.   My sleep schedule is a bit off, but otherwise I'm feeling pretty good!

I'm glad you got the carpet people and that things are progressing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #282 on: January 31, 2009, 11:01:48 PM »

I should have mentioned Sian Phillips - she was great and very funny.  Good to have Pogue back where he belongs.  I must send him a big care package, which I'm glad I didn't send before now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #283 on: January 31, 2009, 11:02:18 PM »

I wrote another two pages - I got inspired whilst showering and came up with something fun, so I did a total of seven pages today.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #284 on: January 31, 2009, 11:57:07 PM »

The first time I met Petula was in Hollywood at radio station KFWB where she was signing 45s (I had my 45 of Downtown signed - heaven knows what happened to it).  Then I saw her in Las Vegas in the mid-1970s where she shared the bill with, if I remember correctly, Michel Legrand or Joel Grey (can't remember which, but most likely the former).  Then I met her backstage and then supped with her when I was thinking about recording Blood Brothers.  Then we did our album.  Then I saw her in Sunset Blvd. and we had a marvelously marvelous time at the little opening night party they threw.

BK, you were thinking about recording Blood Brothers?  Why didn't you?  Did you decide not to?  Someone else said you couldn't?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 12:03:29 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #285 on: February 01, 2009, 12:03:16 AM »

I heard from DR DakotaCelt this afternoon. Her computer has totally crashed. She is not able to log on at work. She sends vibes to all who need them.

What a shame. Thank you for letting us know.

COMPUTER VIBES TO DR DAKOTA!!

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up