Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR?  (Read 35549 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR?
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2009, 09:05:08 AM »

OK, someone here is bound to know.

A friend of mine (in the Los Angeles area) is taking his wife to see Phantom of the Opera, a matinee since the wife refuses to go out at night.  Antonio wants to know how long the show takes, so that he can plan for dinner after.

Does anyone out there know?  Or have an idea on how I can find out for him?

Thanks.

I recommend he call the theater and ask whoever answers the phone.  That will surely give him a good idea how long that particular show is running.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2009, 09:05:31 AM »

Page 6 "When in doubt, ask someone who REALLY knows" dance.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2009, 09:06:47 AM »

ROTFLMTO!!!!!!!!!!

And that second "T" stands for....??  :o ??

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2009, 09:08:12 AM »

DR Elmore3003:  I noticed in one of your posts last night that you mention wishing your dad's house would sell.  I recall that during your recent visit to Ohio you made a lot of mention about your brothers being willing to buy you out, although the evil brother wanted to pay much less than fair market value for your share.

Does this mean you refused his offer?

Of course. I suspect he thought I'd make a counter offer but he knows how far i'm willing to settle to get rid of my share at what I think is a fair price. The Macbeths have already lied to me and Randy about how much he owed my dad's estate and we settled for $10,000 less than he actually owed because we couldn't find the original check.  We've since then found the check and the Macbeths will neither be trusted nor wept over again.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2009, 09:09:47 AM »

According to Playbill, it rubns 2 hrs, 45 with intermission:

http://www.playbill.com/events/event_detail/609.html
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2009, 09:10:09 AM »

A friend of mine (in the Los Angeles area) is taking his wife to see Phantom of the Opera, a matinee since the wife refuses to go out at night.  Antonio wants to know how long the show takes, so that he can plan for dinner after.

Thanks.

I recommend he call the theater and ask whoever answers the phone.  That will surely give him a good idea how long that particular show is running.

Phantom's run-time is 2 and 1/2 hours with intermission, like clockwork. 

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2009, 09:11:17 AM »

DR Elmore3003:  I noticed in one of your posts last night that you mention wishing your dad's house would sell.  I recall that during your recent visit to Ohio you made a lot of mention about your brothers being willing to buy you out, although the evil brother wanted to pay much less than fair market value for your share.

Does this mean you refused his offer?

Of course. I suspect he thought I'd make a counter offer but he knows how far i'm willing to settle to get rid of my share at what I think is a fair price. The Macbeths have already lied to me and Randy about how much he owed my dad's estate and we settled for $10,000 less than he actually owed because we couldn't find the original check.  We've since then found the check and the Macbeths will neither be trusted nor wept over again.

Well GOOD FOR YOU for holding your ground.  I can imagine nothing more miserable than a relative cheating other relatives over money.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2009, 09:11:19 AM »

According to Playbill, it rubns 2 hrs, 45 with intermission:

http://www.playbill.com/events/event_detail/609.html

Thanks.

Phantom's run-time is 2 and 1/2 hours with intermission, like clockwork. 

Or not.... according to Playbill.  However, it's always been 2 1/2 hours when I've seen it.  That would be 10+ times

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2009, 09:13:46 AM »

Yesterday, I had a flat tire on the interstate.   So I eased my car over to the shoulder of the road, carefully got out of the car and opened the trunk.   I took out two cardboard men, unfolded them and stood them at the rear of my car facing on-coming traffic. They looked so life like you wouldn't believe it! They're dressed in open trench coats that exposed their nude bodies and private parts to the approaching drivers.

Not to my surprise, cars started slowing down to look at my lifelike men. And, of course, traffic began backing up. Everybody tooted their horns and waved like crazy. It wasn't long before a state trooper pulled up behind me.

He got out of his car and walked towards me.  I could tell he was not a happy camper!

"What's going on here?"

"My car has a flat tire," I said calmly.

"Well, what the hell are those obscene cardboard men doing here by the road?"

I couldn't believe that he didn't know.   So I told him, "Helloooooo, those are my emergency flashers!"

Darn--it's a joke--I was going to ask you where you bought them.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2009, 09:14:39 AM »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/18324.html

Isn't his 15 minutes long over? I can't believe the GOP is still showcasing this idiot!

It isn't the GOP that is showcasing the guy.  Some organization called the Conservative Working Group is doing the showcasing.  Only an idiot would confuse the CWG with the GOP.

The article says the CWG is an organization of conservative Capitol Hill staffers who gather to plot GOP strategy...close enough for me.  If the GOP is taking advice from Joe the Plumber, one can plainly see how irrelevant they've become and how they continue to not get it.  The future of the party does not lie with cretins like Joe the Plumber and Sarah Palin.  To embrace them will only continue to marginalize the party.
The CWG is a faction within the GOP.  They do not represent the party as a whole.  Indeed, the only way the CWG is able to get any attention is by hawking a celebrity - if they didn't have JtP coming to their meeting (and you can bet they're paying him to come), no one outside their membership would even take note that a meeting was going on.

Further, that whole "plot GOP strategy" doesn't mean they're running the party.  It means they're plotting how they're going to try to run the party.  Not the same thing at all.

No one said they were running the party.  But the problem is the Party spends far too much time pandering to the fringe elements of their party rather than the moderate, mainstream voices that actually still know what the core principles of the Party are.  As long as they keep listening to the Palins, Plumbers, Limbaughs, one-issue, rigid religious whack-os, and anti-intellectual, uneducated rubes, they're going to get nowhere.
You do realize that the new Chairman of the GOP is Michael Steele, right? 

Joe the Plumber is a publicity stunt.  Steele is a highly educated moderate.  Steele trumps the lead pipe any day.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2009, 09:15:54 AM »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2009, 09:16:23 AM »

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening.... Today will hopefully be putting a big dent in the Anything Goes arrangements. 

I did have a question for anyone that has an answer, the new Liza CD "Liza's at the Palace" is released today, has anyone heard it yet and if so, is it worth listening to?

DR Matthew, I enjoyed the ootlegbay I downloaded last week.  She's not of the same voice she once had but still delivers a terrific performance.  Makes me wish I had seen the show.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2009, 09:17:24 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And, yes, POTO runs 2 hours and 30 minutes (which includes the 15-minute intermission - which is actually 17 minutes).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2009, 09:18:26 AM »

DR Matthew - Get the CD.  True, she's not the Liza she used to be, but there's a great Energy there.  And the band ROCKS!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2009, 09:18:46 AM »

I've sent Tony the running time, and suggested he call.  Thanks, all!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2009, 09:24:12 AM »

Several serious fatal automobile crashes in Indiana - travel advisories and warnings.  The snow has stopped, but the blowing winds have made the highways and streets treacherous.....

There have been Breaking News "Tweets" over the past couple of hours. :-\ How close are you to I-69 and Pendleton?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2009, 09:27:09 AM »

Listening to Christian Bale.  My, my, my.  I think we need a YouTube LuPone/Bale medley.  :)

Actually, I believe that may already be in the works. :)

*And if you check YouTube now, and search for "Christian Bale Remix", there are a few options already up.  However, the originator of the "Patti LuPone Freakout Remix" is working on a Christian Bale one - actually, he posted one already, but removed it earlier this morning.  Hopefully, he's just tweaking its brilliance. ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2009, 09:28:55 AM »

Thanks.

Do you happen to know when and in which city he'll be seeing Phantom?  My friend, Sean, will soon be taking over the role of Raoul on the tour.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2009, 09:29:10 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR EDISAURUS!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2009, 09:31:09 AM »

And, yes, it's snowing (again) here in New York City.  And it looks like it is starting to stick too.  We shall see.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2009, 09:34:20 AM »

It's flurrying here in Philly.  Nothing to write home about.  So I'm posting the news here.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2009, 09:35:03 AM »

I just ordered LIZA'S AT THE PALACE the (official) recording.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2009, 09:36:04 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

The only that comes to mind right now is "The Brown Bunny" - which was really only sleazy during the last ten minutes.  Everything up to then was tedious and boring.

Oh, and I guess "Caligula" could be considered sleazy too - although, it's so over the top, I guess it surpasses sleaze.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2009, 09:39:28 AM »

DR Edisaurus,

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2009, 09:41:03 AM »

Hmmm...something I just read about the LIZA'S AT THE PALACE recording--it was done in a studio!

I think I'm going to stick with the ootlegbay...
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »

DR Jose, it looks like you missed a chance to have Monkey meet Liza at her B&N signing tonight (wristbands are sold out already.)  But that could be your next assignment--Monkey Meets _______?
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2009, 09:46:58 AM »

HEALTH VIBES TO LOVE CAT BAILEY!

Jane

« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2009, 09:47:16 AM »

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Vixmom. Give the bell an extra ring for me! 

I love that bell -  the other day Vixter didn't answer right away so I didn't know if she heard me (she was upstairs) so I banged on it a couple of more times.

She came down and said" I heard you!  You didn't have to shout!!"

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2009, 09:52:47 AM »

It's sunny outside right now.  We may get some "haze" later in the day and some "fog" in the evening.  That should "cool" things down.

Of course, the temp was in the 40s this a.m.....so I don't think we'll get much cooler.

DAW

« Reply #179 on: February 03, 2009, 09:54:04 AM »

I knew there was something I meant to comment on!

***HEALTH VIBES***
to DC Bailey!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up