Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR?  (Read 35505 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR?
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2009, 11:13:16 AM »

DR edisaurus - I'm shaking my head.  Just shaking my head.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2009, 11:20:42 AM »

LOL DR EDISAURUS......I love The Fleet's In....the movie not the product.....Dorothy Lamour is so beautiful and William Holden is so handsome.....perfect wartime entertainment.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2009, 11:21:02 AM »

I found my "Y" cable!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/18324.html

Isn't his 15 minutes long over? I can't believe the GOP is still showcasing this idiot!

With good reason:

If nothing else, GOP aides are using the appearance to get staffers to attend the 9 a.m meeting.

Every showgirl knows - You Gotta Get A Gimmick

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2009, 11:25:32 AM »

Any movie that has Elaine Stritch playing a lesbian must be fun!

Or a Documentary.

der Brucer

If you're implying anything concerning La Stritch here, you would be wrong.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2009, 11:25:48 AM »

DR MATTHEW I have the OCR for INNER CITY......  I haven't hooked up my turntable to my computer since the last crash, so I am not sure it still works.....but if you want a copy, I can try it later tonight.

I still owe DR ELMORE a Dorothy Provine/Joe Carr LP recording.

My problem is that I don't know how to add track breaks....so each side is ONE LONG track....but we shall see what we shall see!

DR JRand, are you using a Mac?

Ben

« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2009, 11:28:56 AM »

DR MATTHEW I have the OCR for INNER CITY......  I haven't hooked up my turntable to my computer since the last crash, so I am not sure it still works.....but if you want a copy, I can try it later tonight.

My problem is that I don't know how to add track breaks....so each side is ONE LONG track....but we shall see what we shall see!

JR, is there a pause button, either in the software or on the turntable which allows you to stop between tracks? That's how we make individual tracks when we transfer from LP to CD. Or you can just stop the software recording software at the end of each track and place the needle down on the next track when you're ready to begin again. OR, you can make one long track and usually you can see where the track breaks are and you can cut and paste saving each track as a separate mp3 or wave and then burning the entire collection onto a CD

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #217 on: February 03, 2009, 11:31:20 AM »

Hmmm my timeshare's website has been down all day and I need to add some days to the trip we gave our neice and her husband  for their belated honeymoon

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #218 on: February 03, 2009, 11:32:05 AM »

DR JRand, are you using a Mac?

The only Mac I know is a Big Mac.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #219 on: February 03, 2009, 11:33:16 AM »

JR, is there a pause button, either in the software or on the turntable which allows you to stop between tracks? That's how we make individual tracks when we transfer from LP to CD. Or you can just stop the software recording software at the end of each track and place the needle down on the next track when you're ready to begin again. OR, you can make one long track and usually you can see where the track breaks are and you can cut and paste saving each track as a separate mp3 or wave and then burning the entire collection onto a CD

Thanks DR BEN, I am investigating the software I use to see....I am sure there is a way to do it, I was being very lazy when I tried it......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #220 on: February 03, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »

Hmmm my timeshare's website has been down all day and I need to add some days to the trip we gave our neice and her husband  for their belated honeymoon

Technology is great....when it works. 

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #221 on: February 03, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »

LOL DR EDISAURUS......I love The Fleet's In....the movie not the product.....Dorothy Lamour is so beautiful and William Holden is so handsome.....perfect wartime entertainment.

I also love STAR SPANGLED RHYTHM. It has more stars than there are in the heavens...and Betty Hutton is so amazing in that!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: February 03, 2009, 11:51:26 AM »

My recording of ALLEGRO just arrived. I need to make time to find the vocal score and listen to all of it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2009, 11:52:56 AM »

DR Jose, it looks like you missed a chance to have Monkey meet Liza at her B&N signing tonight (wristbands are sold out already.)  But that could be your next assignment--Monkey Meets _______?

Oh.. Monkey doesn't seem to do well around other people.  He was actually a bit shy when we met one of the administrators from the Museum of Modern Art yesterday afternoon.

However, he was quite happy and excited when he found out that some of his "portraits" will be incorporated into MoMA's redesign of their website(!!). :) :) :)

Holy Cow and Wow!  Very cool news!  Congrats to a new star!

(Make sure he doesn't sign anything without you reading it first...)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2009, 11:55:23 AM »

Moma Monkey is famous....we must have a link when he goes live.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2009, 11:59:50 AM »

...I can get rid of the hideous hand-painted purple toilet (it used to be pink, which was too much for the previous owner....purple is better?)

You could move it to the yard and use it as a planter - or would it clash with the plastic pink flamingos?

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2009, 12:06:57 PM »

For DR Ann:

KB TOYS is having a Super-Sale and they carry lots of neat Baby products.

der Brucer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »

Thanks DR BEN, I am investigating the software I use to see....I am sure there is a way to do it, I was being very lazy when I tried it......

When I convert LPs to MP3s, I always make one long track of each album side.  I've found that the various recording software that I've used couldn't be completely trusted to make the track breaks correctly.  I just make the one long track and then edit it into the smaller tracks.

One problem that I've yet to solve is how to keep the track encoding included on the tracks that I burn to CD.  I go to the trouble to load each track with all the info I can (song title, artist, recording title, etc) but once I burn the CD it's all gone--all that shows up when the CD is played is track 01, track 02, etc...  Anyone have any ideas on that?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2009, 12:12:35 PM »

We can always say that we knew the monkey when...

"Oh, Monkey, Monkey Monkey..."
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Laura

« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2009, 12:13:18 PM »

In local news: one of the "Serials Shooters" is on the witness stand at his trial.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »

Okay, now it's really snowing here.  But it looks like all it's doing it wetting the ground.
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2009, 12:13:57 PM »

Perhaps Jose can begin a series of photos of celebrities holding Monkey.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DERBRUCER

« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2009, 12:14:03 PM »

If only we could control when and where:

REPORT: MAN KILLED BY EXPLODING CELL PHONE

der Brucer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2009, 12:20:50 PM »

I just got sent a resume for a drummer/percussionist who's evidently coming from NYC to spend summer in PDX.  Anyhoo, he played drums for a cabaret outing at the Beechman called Ryan Raftery and Friends:  A Solo Act.  Does anyone else find that title somewhat amusant?  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2009, 12:25:17 PM »

I just got sent a resume for a drummer/percussionist who's evidently coming from NYC to spend summer in PDX.  Anyhoo, he played drums for a cabaret outing at the Beechman called Ryan Raftery and Friends:  A Solo Act.  Does anyone else find that title somewhat amusant?  :)

Actually, both BK and I should and do find that title "amusant". Mainly because Ryan was in What If?.

I have yet to see his show even though he's done it a number of times here in NYC already.  Each time he remounts it, I seem to be out of town.  It's really sort of strange, in that strange-repeating-coincidence sort of way.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2009, 12:28:10 PM »

I did not like Mr Raftery in some of the numbers of WHAT IF.....

But I would imagine if Mr Raftery was onstage with any NUMBER of other performers, he would be doing a SOLO.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2009, 12:28:52 PM »

Here's a print version:

Christian Bale's F-Word-Laced Verbal Tirade Caught on Tape

“I want you off the [expletive] set, you [expletive],” the man whose voice is believed to be Bale’s says.

After Hurbut apologizes, Bale reportedly shouts “No, don’t just be sorry. Think for one [expletive] second. What the [expletive] are you doing? Are you a professional or not?”

As Hurlbut responds calmly, Bale only seems to grow more angry.

“Am I gonna [expletive] rip your lights down in the middle of the scene? Then why the [expletive] are you walking right through ‘Duh-duh-duh-duh-duh’ in the background,” Bale allegedly says. “What the [expletive] is with you? What the [expletive] don’t you understand?”

Hurlbut reportedly apologized several times, assuring the actor – who allegedly attempted to involve the director McG in the altercation – that he meant no harm by the mistake.

After Bale reportedly calmed down and prepared to finish the scene, he allegedly became enraged again when Hurlbut attempted to apologize another time.

Reportedly threatening to beat Hurlbut up, Bale allegedly continues on to say: “You do it one more [expletive] time and I ain’t walking on the set if you’re still hired.

You’re a nice guy, but that won’t [expletive] cut it when you’re bull[expletive] and [expletive] around on set … Seriously, you and me man, we’re [expletive] done professionally,” Bale reportedly finishes before the tape ends.

Well, nothing here DR Laura can put in the Bulletin.

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2009, 12:29:45 PM »

Oh.. Monkey doesn't seem to do well around other people.  He was actually a bit shy when we met one of the administrators from the Museum of Modern Art yesterday afternoon.

However, he was quite happy and excited when he found out that some of his "portraits" will be incorporated into MoMA's redesign of their website(!!). :) :) :)

Holy Cow and Wow!  Very cool news!  Congrats to a new star!

(Make sure he doesn't sign anything without you reading it first...)

Well... It's not really that big a deal.  Basically, MoMA is going to start incorporating some photos taken in and of the museum by various museum-goers into their new website.  MoMA is pulling photos from their official photo pool on Flickr - of which I am a member.  Monkey will not be alone in that respect.  However, I think he will be the only Monkey at MoMA.

In any case... It is very cool. And, needless to say, I'm a bit excited too. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Miss Karen

« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2009, 12:31:29 PM »

In local news: one of the "Serials Shooters" is on the witness stand at his trial.

Lying his ass off (now, now, Karen, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty ...)

One of the victims attending the trial was interviewed after the guy's turn on the stand yesterday and when asked by the reporter for an opinion, the victim said "He should win an Emmy for that performance"

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2009, 12:32:18 PM »

And another bit of coolness:

Jane Fonda is BLOGGING about her upcoming Broadway stint.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up