Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: FLATBUSH  (Read 34292 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: FLATBUSH
« Reply #300 on: February 10, 2009, 04:56:45 PM »

Can Hieronymous Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe And Find True Happiness

What ever became of this film?  Why hasn't it ever been released onto home video?
I blame the lack on the film getting slapped with a X-rating.

R is acceptable.  XXX is a sure sales-getter.  A simple X - no one understands what that means.  How can you sell a film that has but a single X?

::)

It worked for MIDNIGHT COWBOY.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2009, 04:56:48 PM »

Had a big sandwich and am sitting on my couch like so much fish.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #302 on: February 10, 2009, 05:00:10 PM »

Or maybe I'll head to Flatbush tomorrow with my camera... Hmm... ;)

Or maybe take your camera to PAL JOEY, and try to stop the show?
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2009, 05:02:11 PM »

Count me among the fans of Into the Woods and, especially, Passion.  But I do respect any and all opinions.

I, too, am a fan of Into the Woods. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DAW

« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2009, 05:02:14 PM »

Finally got DR FJL's song to play.  Fred, I'm very impressed!   I didn't know you write music, too.   Congratulations!!   :)

DAW

« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2009, 05:03:20 PM »

Back from a really good and promising meeting.  We'll see what happens from here.

Sounds good, bk.      :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #306 on: February 10, 2009, 05:03:47 PM »

What I do like about progressive lenses is there are no lines on the lenses. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #307 on: February 10, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »

BK - I purchased my copy of the new release and dutifully listed the names of the shows in the Additional Comments space.  However, Paypal bounced me through one extra step, so I am not sure the notes were still left intact.

Interesting!  After I posted this, I suddenly thought that intact didn't look right.  So, I did a word search on it and it came up saying, "Try also virginity."  Now I really wonder if I used the wrong word!

I think "virginity" is well out of it in your case, DR TCB.  "Intact" also means "whole" and applies to things other than anatomical parts.

I don't know about that, Ron.  There is one theory that if you go more years without sex, than years that you had sex; you are allowed to start again.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #308 on: February 10, 2009, 05:05:02 PM »

DR JRand58, did you ever get your DVDs of "Man of La Mancha" from various places? The vendor is having a good one-day sale at the moment.

Speaking of "Man of La Mancha," the third package that I received today was the book, Cardenio or the Second Maiden's Tragedy, attributed to William Shakespeare and John Fletcher.  The main character, Cardenio (a.k.a. Govianus, the deposed King), is "a bizzarre character in Cervantes's Don Quixote," which was first published in England around the time that this play was written.  I suggested this to TAO (the theater group with whom I've been working) as a possibility for their summer Shakespeare show.  They like to do different things, and probably no one's heard of this. :)

What happened to POOKA THE "F" DOG?

That's still in the mix...especially since there is a director who really wants to do the show.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DAW

« Reply #309 on: February 10, 2009, 05:06:43 PM »

DR Jane, I asked the doctor about that.  My new lenses will be bifocals, but they will be progressive; they won't have a distinct dividing line.  He said that 98% of lenses made now are progressive - the holdouts are elderly who only know the old method and don't want to switch.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #310 on: February 10, 2009, 05:07:57 PM »

Skyways?  Skyways?!?  Harumph!  Here in Philly we get around town the old fashioned way...

...on Segways!

That can't be a recent photo.  Just the other day Craig had a bad fall on the icy stairs at his apartment building.  The hospital said nothing was broken or torn, his ribs & left quad were badly bruised. 

Yep--I just noticed--no Comcast Building.

Hope DS Craig feels better.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #311 on: February 10, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »

First boyfriend that was painful?  That would be the Janzen Swimsuit model who was into S/M....................

Oh wait, it is snowing here in Tacoma.

I'm still trying to make sense of this post.  But something tells me otherwise.

I suppose you want photos, too?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #312 on: February 10, 2009, 05:14:55 PM »

Count me among the fans of Into the Woods and, especially, Passion.  But I do respect any and all opinions.

I love INTO THE WOODS, but put me down as a "No vote" on PASSION.  But then, I also like SCROOGE.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #313 on: February 10, 2009, 05:16:39 PM »

DR Jane, I asked the doctor about that.  My new lenses will be bifocals, but they will be progressive; they won't have a distinct dividing line.  He said that 98% of lenses made now are progressive - the holdouts are elderly who only know the old method and don't want to switch.

That is interesting.  Adjusting the reading portion helped me to adjust to the lenses.  I expect the way you are doing it really will be easier, & I'm glad you won't have a line across the middle of your lenses ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #314 on: February 10, 2009, 05:17:20 PM »

The big problem with progressives, or even the old-style bifocals, is where they locate the change from one focus to another.  I've been wearing bifocals for years now, and still have problems.  What I really need are trifocals - for reading, for working with computers, and for real life.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DAW

« Reply #315 on: February 10, 2009, 05:17:21 PM »

I also like SCROOGE.

LIKE Scrooge?  You ARE Scrooge!    Just like Val Kilmer IS Moses!   

;)

Jane

« Reply #316 on: February 10, 2009, 05:17:36 PM »

Thank you DR DtM.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #317 on: February 10, 2009, 05:18:55 PM »

I just had a great idea!

Let's do a revival of Into the Woods, starring Victoria Clark!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DAW

« Reply #318 on: February 10, 2009, 05:29:05 PM »

I just had a great idea!

Let's do a revival of Into the Woods, starring Victoria Clark!

With DR elmore3003 as the Music Director?    :D

Laura

« Reply #319 on: February 10, 2009, 05:29:44 PM »

I loved Into The Woods and Scrooge, and turned off Passion pretty early on (it was on tv or video or something).
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #320 on: February 10, 2009, 05:30:18 PM »

The big problem with progressives, or even the old-style bifocals, is where they locate the change from one focus to another.  I've been wearing bifocals for years now, and still have problems.  What I really need are trifocals - for reading, for working with computers, and for real life.

My progressive lenses are at least tri.  Why haven't you changed yours?

Cillaliz

« Reply #321 on: February 10, 2009, 05:30:34 PM »

Thank you DR DAW.  I hate to do the Mom thing & keep asking how he is.  I'm sure he will be sore for a good while.  It is the full recovery I worry the most about-and those darn stairs.

But you ARE his mom...it's ok to ask :)   Vibes he recovers soon

Cillaliz

« Reply #322 on: February 10, 2009, 05:34:46 PM »

Today I got my mom a plaque that says "Ask not what your mother can do for you, but what you can do for your mother"

It should look nice to her "My husband told me he would leave me if I go shopping one more time. Lordy how I'll miss that man" 

and "No man was ever shot while doing the dishes"
plaques

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #323 on: February 10, 2009, 05:35:53 PM »

My progressive lenses are at least tri.  Why haven't you changed yours?
Danged union, only certain optometrists are acceptable for their discounts.  And getting an appointment, getting there (halfway across the state, of course), using up der B's valuable time because I sure as heck ain't driving... oh, wait, I'm still not driving yet.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #324 on: February 10, 2009, 05:37:17 PM »

I'd better sign off.  Tomorrow is an early day.  Bleh.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: February 10, 2009, 05:49:27 PM »

I, too,wear a progressive lens, but it's not perfect. Some people LOVE them and take to them immediately. I did not. My optician thinks it was because there wasn't enough of a difference between my distance Rx and my reading Rx; indeed, as my reading Rx changed, the progressive lens because more comfortable.

I would quarrel with the doc who said that bifocals are only for the elderly who don't want to change. Because of the way the "smoothing" (changing from one Rx to another) is calculated, sometimes a patient cannot be fitted properly with a progressive lens. That is the consensus on my new progressives; "that's the best they can do" I've been told by both my optician and my pal, Dave. Whereas, if I chose a bifocal, the two Rxs could be correct. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #326 on: February 10, 2009, 05:51:51 PM »

Good night.

George

« Reply #327 on: February 10, 2009, 05:52:07 PM »

I have sworn off peanut butter for a while...

Just last night, I went to Costco and bought a big tub of Adam's 100% Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #328 on: February 10, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »

I'm all logey - I nodded off for about ten minutes.

Jane

« Reply #329 on: February 10, 2009, 06:06:12 PM »

Thank you DR DAW.  I hate to do the Mom thing & keep asking how he is.  I'm sure he will be sore for a good while.  It is the full recovery I worry the most about-and those darn stairs.

But you ARE his mom...it's ok to ask :)   Vibes he recovers soon

Thanks for the vibes.  It is difficult being the Mom in an all guys house-they kind of roll their eyes at me. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up