Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE  (Read 22843 times)

Ginny

Re: WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE
« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2009, 07:16:28 PM »

My first phone was sometime in the early to mid 90s. I was living in Spirit Lake and was driving to other towns quite frequently for work.  So I got a bag phone so that the cows wouldn't be sticking their noses in my car windows

LOL!!!

That looks exactly like the bag phone I got after the cow incident.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2009, 07:17:19 PM »

Thank you Jose :)

You're welcome, DR Jane.  I do love me some David Sedaris à la Billie Holiday - sometimes his imitation is kind of eerie since it's so spot on.  But hearing him sing the jingles... :D

*The final chapter of that show is quite moving.  I listened to that one on the ride back uptown. It made me cry.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2009, 07:24:18 PM »

While driving from my lunchtime meeting to my shopping stops on the way home, I caught a bit of "Fresh Air," on which Terri Gross was talking to Ted Chapin about Rodgers & Hammerstein and the new release of Allegro.  Click HERE to listen.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »

I have never heard David Sedaris at all so it was a real treat for me.  I've only read one of his books & keep meaning to get more.  The problem, I kept laughing while Keith was trying to sleep ;)

DR Jose-Are you referring to the part about his Dad listening to the music alone?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2009, 07:25:38 PM »

'night.

Feel better vibes for all who need them!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »

I have never heard David Sedaris at all so it was a real treat for me.  I've only read one of his books & keep meaning to get more.  The problem, I kept laughing while Keith was trying to sleep ;)

DR Jose-Are you referring to the part about his Dad listening to the music alone?

The final chapter: Anne Lamott's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" segment.
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2009, 07:39:12 PM »

It turned out quite sunny and lovely today, and Sugar and I are both tired.  Catch up with all you laters.

Vibes to many here and there!!   :-*
I like boat races.

Jennifer

« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »

I actually ended up seeing Confessions of a Shopaholic (the time just fit better). And i really really liked it. I was not sure i would.

I am a big fan of the books. ANd i knew about a bunch of the changes. And the critic here did not like it.

But it was a really fun romantic comedy. And the lead actress playing Becky was fantastic. Perfect for the role. And most of the changes didn't even bother me that much.

The theatre was completely packed (not even sure that there were any empty seats). and i think most people enjoyed it. It was much better than i expected!

Jennifer

« Reply #248 on: February 17, 2009, 07:40:18 PM »

I'm going to watch AMERICAN IDOL now!

td

• td
« Reply #249 on: February 17, 2009, 07:47:31 PM »

DR td - I shall be seeing The Story of My Life again tomorrow night.  If I get backstage afterwards, would you like me to pass on your greetings to Mssrs. Stanek and Dean?

You know that I would want you to!  You also should know that I would want you to deliver a big hug from me as well.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2009, 07:48:49 PM »

I am at the Interval of DHOOM 2 - a fun, action-packed, sexy film.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #251 on: February 17, 2009, 07:50:10 PM »

DR td - I shall be seeing The Story of My Life again tomorrow night.  If I get backstage afterwards, would you like me to pass on your greetings to Mssrs. Stanek and Dean?

You know that I would want you to!  You also should know that I would want you to deliver a big hug from me as well.

Hugs?  But, of course!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2009, 07:53:31 PM »

Hugs?  But, of course!  :)

I'll drop Jim a note now to tell him I'm stopping by tomorrow night.  -Just in case he and Bradley get to leave "early", I'll try to see them before the show.  -Bradley was my "Father/God" when I did Children of Eden at Ford's Theatre.
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2009, 07:58:50 PM »

You can also tell Jim that I have finally seen LESTAT - both versions - and that I have also seen CARNIVAL. 

I think that Bradley was in the same CLO production that Jim was in the same year that I was in CLO's  PORGY AND BESS, but I could be mistaken; at any rate, I knew Brad for the four years he attended CMU.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »

I think that Bradley was in the same CLO production that Jim was in the same year that I was in CLO's  PORGY AND BESS, but I could be mistaken; at any rate, I knew Brad for the four years he attended CMU.

Oh, I've heard great stories about your Serena.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »

HENRY SWEET HENRY is a CD I thought I'd bought when BK - I think BK did it! - reissued it but I do not have it and it's out of print. Does any DR have a copy to burn me one?

I do.  But of course you'll probably want it from DAW.   ;D ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

td

• td
« Reply #256 on: February 17, 2009, 08:06:34 PM »

Oh, I've heard great stories about your Serena.

;D

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, I was a terrific Bess!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #257 on: February 17, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »

I can't remember if this was posted here or on Twitter, but...

First there was David After Dentist.

Then came that whole Christian Bale tirade audio. *So, HINT - This is not meant for listening at work.

And now, here's a Mash-Up of both events.

:D

Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #258 on: February 17, 2009, 08:30:06 PM »

I had an interesting evening of viewing. I still had a bunch more bonus features on FACES to watch including a 42-minute documentary on the making of the film. This was taped in 2004 and featured Gena Rowlands, Seymour Cassel, Lynn Carlin, and the film's cinematographer giving a complete rundown on the film's production. Very interesting. I didn't realize the film had won a bunch of awards at the Venice Film Festival.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #259 on: February 17, 2009, 08:31:50 PM »

I believe I also have HENRY SWEET HENRY, so let me know if I'm needed.

Matt H.

« Reply #260 on: February 17, 2009, 08:32:53 PM »

When I finally finished all the bonuses with FACES, there wasn't enough time for a movie. I did speed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing and nothing in the previews.

Matt H.

« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2009, 08:34:33 PM »

Since I had season 1 of NCIS in the player, I went ahead and watched another episode. This is the one with the terrorist taking Ducky hostage and Kate also getting involved. The guy got away, and if I'm not mistaken, ends up killing Kate at the end of Season 2. (I don't have season 2 yet.)

Matt H.

« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2009, 08:35:36 PM »

Then I watched tonight's new episode of NCIS, a Tony-centered episode which are always fun. I'm not sure I quite liked the ending, and the plotting seemed a little murky. Otherwise, OK.

Matt H.

« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2009, 08:37:11 PM »

THE MENTALIST had some fun moments. Loved the teaser, and I was certainly glad that smirking woman get her just desserts before the end of the hour. Surprise killer, too. Not whom I suspected.

Matt H.

« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2009, 08:40:14 PM »

Then I watched the first hour and a half of AMERICAN IDOL. I skimmed through everything and only stopped to listen to the performances and hear the judges comments. I still have one of the male singers I was most looking forward to hearing (he was at the end of the show), but of the first 90 minutes, I liked the first guy (last name Braddy) who had superb tone and control. I didn't much care for any of the women I've heard so far, and the girl with pink highlights in her hair that the judges all loved, I didn't think was all that great (though she was certainly better than the other women who followed her.)

As I said, I still have the last half hour to go, so there are probably three singers left.

Michael

« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05:21 PM »

Anyone have the lyrics to Trust the Wind by David Friedman a friend wants to use it for his Comparative Religion class he teaches
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2009, 09:16:14 PM »

Anyone have the lyrics to Trust the Wind by David Friedman a friend wants to use it for his Comparative Religion class he teaches

Do you have the "David Friedman Songbook"?  If not, you could order the single song from Midder Music, although, it looks like it would cost you $25.00.  However, since your friend just needs the lyric, and since it's for a class - educational purposes - I'm sure if your friend contacts David Friedman and/or Midder Music, they would be more than happy to supply them. www.MidderMusic.com

*Or you could do it the "old-fashioned" way and just transcribe the lyric from one of the various recording and YouTube videos out there. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2009, 09:18:07 PM »

HENRY SWEET HENRY is a CD I thought I'd bought when BK - I think BK did it! - reissued it but I do not have it and it's out of print. Does any DR have a copy to burn me one?

If you would like the actual copy of it I will be happy to send it to you.
 It is not a score I listen to often.
 I think I only have the two Alice Playten numbers on my Ipod
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #268 on: February 17, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »

Do you have the "David Friedman Songbook"?  If not, you could order the single song from Midder Music, although, it looks like it would cost you $25.00.  However, since your friend just needs the lyric, and since it's for a class - educational purposes - I'm sure if your friend contacts David Friedman and/or Midder Music, they would be more than happy to supply them. www.MidderMusic.com

*Or you could do it the "old-fashioned" way and just transcribe the lyric from one of the various recording and YouTube videos out there. ;)

I was just looking for an easy out.
The song goes well with the story of The Jumping Mouse. The line Trust the wind is used in the story.
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2009, 09:20:33 PM »

I just read on All That Chat that Faith Prince will be playing Ursula in THE LITTLE MERMAID on Broadway beginning in April.

I believe DR Jose and I discussed that last Friday.

On All That Chat?  ;)

Preeee-cisely!

And now that it's official that Next To Normal will be transferring to Broadway, well... That's one more thing I don't have to keep under wraps.

*The show will be going into the Longacre, and to keep it an "intimate experience", they will be closing off the balcony.

I'm really out of the loop on this one.  I know next to nothing about this show.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up