Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MALADY LINGERS ON  (Read 28922 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE MALADY LINGERS ON
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 06:07:06 AM »

I ended up awake for most of the nigt.  I am going to have to try and force myself to stay awake all day so I can get back on schedule.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 06:09:44 AM »

TOD (sorta): Sandra and I were talking recently about traveling back in time. She has a list of people whose butts she plans to kick when time travel is invented.

Will she go back in time and kick their butts when they were tots or travel to the future and kick them when they are old?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 06:11:54 AM »

One of the things I was watching, while not sleeping, was Littel Miss Perfect on WE about the kid beauty pagents.  They featured two nine year olds, one who ended up winning the while shebang and the other that "only" made the top 10.

I was just amazed at the expense and time spent on these things.  The kids in their natural states were just regular looking kids but they not only had them all made up but they have wigs and teeth appliances and dresses and other outfits that cost hundreds if not thousands of doallrs...

It was just ....weird   

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 06:12:23 AM »

Good morning, all! I just saw the McGlinn obit, and it's very nice. I'm glad that my life can now get back to some semblance of regularity. This afternoon I have a reading to attend as well as a visit to City Center Encores! office to pick up some things.

Today, more Act Three BABES edits before I leave the apartment.

TOD:  only one?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 06:13:24 AM »

DR Edisaurus, I'm also sorry to hear about your friend's friend.  It's very shocking when something like that happens to someone we know.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 06:14:44 AM »

It was good to hear that the KILLER was caught!  Shocking events!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 06:15:16 AM »

Sounds like the reading went well...even if there was an unexcused absence.

We have a dusting of snow this morning, but the cold has returned!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 06:16:37 AM »

TOD:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......I guess that I would like to have dinner with Richard III just to see what he would say.  I would not reveal my ancestry until late in the evening.

Michael

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 06:18:12 AM »

fast work by the police department on finding the "suspected" killer. Usually the PD are not that lucky
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 06:19:42 AM »

BK I had a question yesterday that I believe you might have missed. I have recreated it below.

ASK BK

Does the soundtrack of The Americanization of Emily include the song Emily? I know they didn't use it in the film and wondering if it was recorded before it was dropped. (It's still given a credit in the opening titles)
Never stop dreaming.

vixmom

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2009, 06:19:42 AM »

TOD

Does it have to be a famous person?  I really would like to talk to my paternal grandfather.  I would like to hear more of his stories about his life, he told me some but he always  would stop and talk about an old man rambling....and then I couldn't persuade him to go on

He had so much to tell that I never heard.  And some of the stuff I knew I have forgotton.  This was before we had camcorders - oh to have  hours of him on tape to listen  to how I would like that 

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 06:21:13 AM »

TOD:

After watching the Jerome Robbins show last night, I think I would want to go back in time to have lunch with him to convince him to go publicly punch out that bastard Ed Sullivan instead of bending over to his blackmail threats and naming names to HUAC.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 06:23:17 AM »

Assuming language was not a problem and we could converse in modern day English Leonardo Da Vinci or Queen Elizabeth I would also be fascinating dinner companions

and I always wanted to  meet Helen Hayes and Katherine Hepburn.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 06:26:30 AM »

Oh, BTW (Bring Two Wedgies in internet lingo), my mysterious malady turned out to be nothing more than a combination of a 24 hour bug and lower than normal blood sugar.  I'm feeling fine now--in fact, I made it to the office today.
-- Anaïs Nin

DAW

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2009, 06:30:44 AM »

Good news, DR DtM!!!

DAW

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2009, 06:31:20 AM »

DR vixmom - hope that you can get "back on track," sleep-wise, and that your recovery continues to progress rapidly.

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 06:31:44 AM »

Vibes for DR Edi's friend. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

That is such horrible news.

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2009, 06:36:48 AM »

re: last night's TOP CHEF

SPOILERS

dfuidfskdsf iuo iuo iuoiuodfsiuodfkjlkjlkjldfsjkl jklkjljk jlkjklkjlduoidsfiuoduioiuouiuiiuu jjjjkkkk
duoidfsaouidfsjkdflkjdfskjldfslkj uioiou uio uio uoi uiooiuduiodfsuiodfsuiodfiuoiuoiuo jkkkkk
Since it went to 11:30pm here i watched most of it, but watched the end when
 i woke up. I also was not thrilled about the first 5 minutes. But truthfully my
 favorite chef was fabio, followed by jeff. So i was happy to see him. And i also
 thought jamie was a great chef and should have lasted longer. So truthfully all
 i was saying when i saw those 3 (jeff, jamie, and leah) was please not leah. i
 really did not care for her on this show.  Anyhow when jeff won i was happy but
 knew the chances of him winning the elimination (he had to win it to go to the
finals) were not that great. But then when i found it if he stayed that meant
fabio and stefan were gone. Well i did not want that. I thought they were the
 2 best chefs overall.  I was happy for carla (she won the challenge and the car).
But i really wanted fabio and stefan in the finals. I do think stefan seems
stronger. But fabio was my favorite and i was very very sad to see him go.
He is this season .He is so funny and charming. I love watching him. I do
agree with him. I think that stefan should take this easily. I do not really
want hosea to win. I do like carla a lot. And she has done great lately. But
she did not do well at all in the beginning. And i just don't see her as a top
 chef. But she is a wonderful person. And so lovely to watch. Such positive energy.adjdfkjldfskjldfskjldflkjdfsiuodfiuoiuodfs iuodfiouioudfiuoioujkkjlkjjk kjkjkjkjkjkjkjkkkk
dfjkdfkjldfkjldfskjldfskjlu8df897df879897 879 879 879897897897df789ijdjkjkjkjkjkjl kjkjkjkj
dfajdfjkldfkjldfslkakljdfsakjl kdfsauidfsaiuodfsiudfsaiuodfs87dfs897dfs890 jkjljkjkkj kjjkjkjjk

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:38:44 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 06:41:04 AM »

Glad you're feeling better dan the man.

Jennifer

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2009, 06:49:46 AM »

re: the IDOL results

dfjdsfdsfajlkjl jkjlk kjldsfauiiuoiuoiuoiuodfasuiodfsauiodsfioudfsaifsa idfioiuiouoiuiou
I was not at all surprised since that was what dialidol predicted. I didn't think it was nice though how they told the contestants. And i thought it was particularly mean to do that to tatiana.  I thought she was about to pass out. Did she or anyone actually think danny was not going to make it? He is so popular.
I will say that i'm not liking this format at all. Only letting 3 go thru is not enough. Because people like michael who got featured and who are not very good get through. And then some people who are better (but who were not featured) have no chance. The only slim chance these people have is if they give a hugely fantastic performance and a) either the judges praise them so widely that the fans vote for them or b) the judges put them through. kdfsakjldfskjldsflkjdklkjlljkjlklkjkjl
dfsjkldsflkj;dsfkjldfsiodfsoiuoiud oiu ouiiuoioudsfuiodsfioudsfoiudfsoiudsfuoioiuiou

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 06:50:06 AM »

TOP CHEF?

Is that tired old show still on?

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 06:56:50 AM »

I can't wait tonight is SURVIVOR!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 07:03:48 AM »

Re:  Last Night's LOST

Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!! 
Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!! 

I donno..I felt a twinge of disappointment, almost like this was the show's "jump the shark" episode.  It just seemed too pat an explanation as to why all of the Oceanic Six (plus two) had to be on board Flight 316.  And the thing about Jack having to get something of his father's to give to Locke?  I just felt that it was stretching things a bit.

What I really LOVED was whatever is going on with Kate.  It is such a sign of terrific writing and acting when you know a character so well that you can tell that there's something up by how she is simply behaving.  Last night, Kate was shown to be so remote and sad and inconsolable that you know that whatever she did with Aaron took something out of her beyond just giving him away.  I cannot wait to see that story!

What I worried about--did Ben fullfill his threat to kill Penny or did he just get the shit kicked out of him in his attempt?  I can wait to learn about that...

What I hated--a little too much telegraphing:  you know that the guy who consoled Jack in the airport check-in line is going to show up on the island, too.  Plus I think the preview for next week's episode clearly gave away a major plot point.  Grrrrrr...
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 07:04:42 AM »

Glad you're feeling better dan the man.

Thanks, DR Jenn and thank you, everyone!
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 07:07:08 AM »

And now I need to do some actual work here...
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 07:07:15 AM »

Last Night's LOST

Spoiler Warnings!!! Spoiler Warnings!!! Spoiler Warnings!!! Spoiler Warnings!!! Spoiler Warnings!!! Spoiler Warnings!!! Spoiler Warnings!!! Spoiler Warnings!!! Spoiler Warnings!!! Spoiler Warnings!!! Spoiler Warnings!!!  Spoiler Warnings!!! Spoiler Warnings!!! Spoiler Warnings!!!

Hey, I didn't kill nobody!!! Stop impuning my good name  ;)

In case you didn't guess, I don't watch the show.

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2009, 07:21:02 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I'm waiting for a call from my aunt, who needs to be taken to the optometrist to select new glasses.  Wonder if she's ready for "sticker shock."

The last time I got the Vixter glasses and also when I got her contacts I went to Walmart.  She is very happy with them and they cost about 1/4  of what I would have paid at LensCrafters or PearlVision or Davis Vision.

The Costco and BJ's near me also have eye doctors and I am considering using one of them for my next pair

Well, surprising NO ONE, my aunt has backed out on today's trip.  She'd been watching TV and saw that the "roads were bad and schools were closing."  Of course, that's all in northern KY and SE Indiana, but here it's clear and sunny.  It is awfully cold and very windy, so maybe it's just as well not to take an almost-80-year-old out today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DAW

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2009, 07:21:38 AM »

Happily, I am immune from impugn.      :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 07:29:57 AM by DAW »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2009, 07:26:52 AM »

DR GINNY - isn't it nice that some people are predictable?

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2009, 07:32:56 AM »

Time machine?

I would have loved to have known Carole Lombard.
You can dream…or you can do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up