Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE  (Read 28937 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE
« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2009, 06:59:33 PM »

What am I, doing a monologue?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2009, 06:59:42 PM »

At long last page nine.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2009, 06:59:51 PM »

Will we never get to page ten?

FJL

« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2009, 07:00:21 PM »

Nothing's easy in this world.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »

DR JRand - Which OS do you have?  -Click on the Apple in the top left-hand corner, then "About This Mac".

Which kind of mouse do you have?  Does it have the little trackball on top? or is it the two- or one-button model?

As for opening your disk tray... Hmm... Do you mean for a CD-ROM?  If so, there is no actual tray - at least not on any models from the past eight or so years.  You should just have a slot where you insert the disc.  You then Eject the disc by dragging the disc "image" on your Desktop to the Trash Can/Recycling Bin.

Any other questions... Just ask. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2009, 07:01:10 PM »

THE HAPPY JEW - a fable

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2009, 07:01:29 PM »

WIDESCREEN ALERT!  Here's FJL's first picture of Skip's BEAUTIFUL chocolates...

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2009, 07:02:14 PM »

Picture #2:

Very yummy looking!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #248 on: February 20, 2009, 07:02:41 PM »

And finally:

;D

FJL

« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2009, 07:03:43 PM »

Is FIRED UP actually a good movie?  Owen Gleiberman on NY1 actually had nice things to say about it.

FJL

« Reply #250 on: February 20, 2009, 07:05:41 PM »

They're chocolates made by Skip and his classmates, under the guidance of a professional teacher.  Don't try this at home.   :)

Thnaks for posting them, George.

FJL

« Reply #251 on: February 20, 2009, 07:06:07 PM »

I meant thanks, of course, not thnaks

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: February 20, 2009, 07:07:56 PM »

What I can't figure out is how to move photos from his folder to the desktop without removing them from the folder

As bk mentioned, there is no need to move them to the desktop in order to put them in an email.  You can drag them directly into your email from the (open) folder.

Or, if you are using (Mac) Mail, then click on the "Photo Browser" button in the top right-hand corner of the "New Message" window.  Navigate to the folder with the photos, then drag them from there.

Or if Skip has the Photos synced with iPhoto, you can open iPhoto, select the pic(s), click on "Share", then "Email".  -After a few moments, a "New Message" window should open with the pictures in it.

Or... ;)

Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »

Beautiful chocolates! Does he get to bring them home for you?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2009, 07:10:33 PM »

OOOHH!!! Very nice Chocolates!  Good Tempering!

*DR FJL - If I hop on the train now... ;)

**What are the fruits in the "drizzled" pic?  -Kiwi, Strawberries, Starfruit(?), Green Grapes(?)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #255 on: February 20, 2009, 07:11:13 PM »

DR Laura - Let me put it this way:  I've gained (another) five pounds this week.  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: February 20, 2009, 07:11:59 PM »

DR SWW - Does DR DERBRUCER go to the grocery with an actual written down list?  Or does he keep it all "up (t)here"?
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #257 on: February 20, 2009, 07:13:03 PM »

Jose - Those were from Monday night.  There were strawberries, grapes and oranges, at least in the batch he had brought home.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #258 on: February 20, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »

Break Legs, DR TCB!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: February 20, 2009, 07:16:11 PM »

Jose - Those were from Monday night.  There were strawberries, grapes and oranges, at least in the batch he had brought home.

Ah, I guess those could be oranges.  -Which sort of surprises me since oranges are such a 'wet' fruit, and chocolate doesn't usually "like" wet.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #260 on: February 20, 2009, 07:17:08 PM »

I didn't get off with a policeman--I got off by myself!

No. Comment. Necessary.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #261 on: February 20, 2009, 07:20:27 PM »

Well finally I am off to see Faith Prince and had to make some quick shuffling of my schedule. The paper said there was an 8pm and 10pm. I planned to go to the latter show and have dinner with friends before. When I called to book the ticket I was informed there was no 10pm. So 8pm it will be and no dinner with friends.

But will meet up with Alex Rybeck after the show.

Did you just book the ticket earlier today?
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #262 on: February 20, 2009, 07:21:10 PM »

I meant thanks, of course, not thnaks

Either way, you're welcome! ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2009, 07:21:27 PM »

People already know I'm nuts, and yes, I sing and talk to Sugar.  This afternoon, we were walking and I had to sit down because I was laughing so hard.  I realized I had been doing my impression of David Sedaris doing his impression of Billie Holiday while we we were walking.  Sugar seemed to enjoy it, though!

;D

Were you singing the Oscar Mayer jingle too? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2009, 07:31:49 PM »

I'm sure Cillaliz might have some more scholarly advice, but my recommendation is hie thee to a doctor today, whether or not you feel "fine."  That way you're setting the foundation for your untold millions of newfound lawsuit wealth.

Two years ago a guy in a big car ran a red light going downhill and broadsided me, totalling my car. The driver had an ambulance take him away---his car wasn't even dented, and he wasn't hurt, but he was young and I'm sure he thought "Hey, this will get me out of work today!"

I had a session to get to, so Greg took me to work and I worked until about 8 that night.

One thing I learned was that i should have gotten examined by a doctor immediately, and establish that something serious had happened. By the time I realized that I was having neck problems, it was over a week later.

I have a few words of advice if you want to call this weekend, David!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2009, 07:39:17 PM »

I must say I am AMAZED at the prices folks here are paying for eyeglasses.  I've never paid more than $100 for a pair in my life.

I get my eyes checked at the VA (free!), and there I can also get a pair of seamless bifocals in really good frames for about $89.

With coupons sent to me quarterly by commercial optometrist shops in the Bay Area, I can get up to $100 off frames and still pay about $100 for the lenses and frames.  The prescription, of course, isn't chargeable as long as it's current.

I went through quite the sticker shock when I got my new eyeglasses last summer.  I knew that frames could run anywhere from $29 on up ($1000+), but I had no idea that lenses could cost so much.  When I lived in NoVA and Richmond, the Four Eyes chain was my Go-To place for glasses.  They always ran specials, and the price you saw on the frames was the price of the glasses (with plastic lenses).  I could always get a set for anywhere from $150-200.  Well...

After spending a good week looking for frames, I finally settled on two styles that I liked.  There were not cheap, but they weren't exorbitantly priced either - a "minor" splurge (titanium/gun metal).  However, due to my prescription - which is always worse than I think it is - and since I did not want to deal with really heavy, thick, non-indexed plastic lenses, I went for the high-indexed thinner lenses.  When the clerk started writing down the numbers, I think I started to feel a little queasy.  Thankfully, I had printed off various coupons: free eye exam, $100 of the complete frames/lens, and a free pair of "basic frames".  I did spend more than I had originally thought I would have to spend, but I also managed to save about $400 in the end - for two sets of glasses.

I did price the same frames and lenses on some "discount" online sites after I bought them, and I would have spent more if I had gone that route.

*And, I really do LOVE my new frames.  Truly the first pair that I really like wearing.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2009, 07:48:02 PM »

If you are a AAA member, you can get discounts on glasses too.  Goofy, but true

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »

What did others think of Changeling?

I didn't like the score---it was so repetitive; seemed like one theme over and over...

I thought the characters didn't have much depth. They were pretty black and white, either good or bad, no grey areas.

The production design was beautiful, as was Angelina (although again, not tremendous depth to her character.)

I thought the editing was very skillful.

The best performance, to me, was the kid who broke the case. I spoke to him afterwards when I went to the premiere in NY. We talked about the ending of the film and what became of his character. Nice kid!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2009, 07:50:52 PM »

I am being entertained right now. Alas, unintentionally and for all the wrong reasons, but entertained  nonetheless. Bemused might be a better, the proper word.

Do they know that you are watching?

Yes, he knew that I was watching.  And they knew that I was watching. We were all watching.

Basically, a group of high school students were brought in for a two-hour workshop with a "Broadway professional".  They would learn part of a number from a Broadway show - music, blocking, acting, etc.  Well...

When I arrived, the "Broadway professional" - a.k.a. The Teacher - was looking over the music. For the first time.

Then the kids arrived, and he started "teaching".  Well, the number he was teaching was from a show that I know very well since I had actually worked on the show.  Needless to say, I just sat at the piano, playing the music and smiling... and "smiling".

I was sort of surprised that I didn't get irritated or frustrated with the situation, but since this was a "one off", and since the producer of the project was also in the room, well...  -And I was thanked profusely by the producer as I was leaving.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #269 on: February 20, 2009, 07:52:07 PM »

I spent way too much for 2 pairs of glasses last year. I went to Pearle and when small scratches turned up on the lenses 90 days after I got them and I went back I was told that the replacement was only good for 60 days and I could get discount on replacements.  Well, it ticked me off so I just left. I'm still looking through the scratchy lenses a year later.   My "funky" glasses are my back up glasses.  I wear them once in awhile, but I really don't like them the way I did when I found them at the store. 

If I actually lose all 70 pounds, which is starting to seem likely, I have decided to get new glasses.  I may just get lenses but if I can get a discount, I'll do the whole she-bang...at a different store!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up