Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FAT AND THE LEAN  (Read 22215 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: THE FAT AND THE LEAN
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2009, 08:57:56 PM »

Paul Harvey passed away today in Arizona...

I remember listening to him for years on the radio adn on the telly
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101306180

above is a link to NPR with a story on her arrest
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2009, 09:03:55 PM »

DerBrucer, I really liked the bird in the window pic

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2009, 09:07:06 PM »

Oh, say something - I think people need to say something.

Well, to belabor the obvious "SOMETHING".

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #244 on: February 28, 2009, 09:09:56 PM »

I shambled out of bed, and after giving appropriate doggie biscuits to the pack for their breakfast, I called Larry back and told him I'd be in as soon as I could.

I got there by six-thirty, or maybe a couple of minutes after...

Hmmm...no mention of rousing me from a peaceful morning slumber to play Taxi!

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: February 28, 2009, 09:10:48 PM »

I can type something....

DERBRUCER

« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2009, 09:19:13 PM »

But I have been out all day.

Those three-martini lunches have that effect.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #247 on: February 28, 2009, 09:23:45 PM »

I, too, loved the bird pix from the window, DerBrucer.

Unfortunately, I lost some of the best (a Blue Jay came back to visit) and we had a flock of Doves.  It seems I inadvertently turned on the flash, so the reflection from the window glass wiped out the pics. Some morning I'll have to get a picture of Buster and Bonnie as they gaze out the window at the wildlife.

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2009, 09:32:09 PM »

The neighbors next door seem to be having a party.

There is a wedding dance at the hotel. It seems the bass player is right below my bed

Cillaliz

« Reply #249 on: February 28, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »

Great pics DRS Der Brucer and Laura.

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: February 28, 2009, 09:38:46 PM »

I should probably be sleeping, but I'm just not tired right now.  Pam is sleeping, at least I think she is. She has to go to the airport at 4:30 AM, I don't have to leave until 6:30 AM. Anyway, I took a nap this afternoon, so I'm wide awake....

Cillaliz

« Reply #251 on: February 28, 2009, 09:40:53 PM »

I actually was half asleep when I realized that I hadn't gotten an email from the airline about my morning flight.  So I had to log on and make sure I was still booked on the flight. I am.

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: February 28, 2009, 09:41:56 PM »

I think I may be keeping Pam up, but since she told everyone she doesnt' care if she wakes me up at 4:30 am I'm not too concerned about it ;)   I'm actually being very quiet

Cillaliz

« Reply #253 on: February 28, 2009, 09:43:02 PM »

Well that's all I know and it sounds like the band is on break, so maybe I should try to sleep. Either that or go back to reading my book.   Night all

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #254 on: February 28, 2009, 10:17:39 PM »

Finished my motion picture and am now listening to a home-grown CD of Michael Small's great score to the remake of The Postman Always Rings Twice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: February 28, 2009, 10:28:01 PM »

Welcome five GUESTS.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2009, 10:28:39 PM »

I had to laugh today when I went to the mall....

There have been many times when I have been walking that I have noted a few guys who wear the baggy pants with no belts... Well today a guy lost his pants literally in the middle of the concourse. I was close enough behind him and his female freind. He had green boxers on...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: February 28, 2009, 10:29:37 PM »

It looked almost like the same guy who lost his pants on a sidewalk at NDSU last December

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #258 on: February 28, 2009, 11:17:32 PM »

Good Evening!

I had a very good day.  I ended up leaving the apartment around 11:00 to head down to the Lower East Side to meet up with some friends who had flown in from L.A. for the weekend - as well as some other locals.  Well, we went here, we went there.  We ate this, we ate that. Then we walked to a few more other places. Then we met up with even more folks for some dining and imbibing...

And I just got about about an hour or so ago.  And since I think I only got about an hour's worth of sleep last night, and about a 30 minute nap this morning, well...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #259 on: February 28, 2009, 11:24:48 PM »

Finished my motion picture and am now listening to a home-grown CD of Michael Small's great score to the remake of The Postman Always Rings Twice.

Question - have their ever been film remakes that used the original score and/or composer?

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2009, 11:36:19 PM »

The remake of Cape Fear used the original Herrmann score adapted by Elmer Bernstein.  The remake of Psycho used the original Herrmann score adapted by Danny Elfman.  Can't think of any others.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #261 on: February 28, 2009, 11:39:46 PM »

TOD:

I am shocked that no one has mentioned one of my favorite movies about actors, STAGEDOOR.

HOW could I forget "Stage Door"??  Just YESTERDAY I burned a DVD from a recent broadcast on TCM!  Talk about forgetful. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #262 on: February 28, 2009, 11:52:47 PM »

Talk about forgetful. :P

We will add this to the (ever-growing) list of your confessed failings.

der Brucer

At least you still have your keys.

George

« Reply #263 on: February 28, 2009, 11:54:53 PM »

Talk about forgetful. :P

We will add this to the (ever-growing) list of your confessed failings.

der Brucer

At least you still have your keys.

I feel most fortunate that I've never lost my keys. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #264 on: February 28, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »

Jane:
DR DtM just this morning I was reading many of the non-returnable items from Circuit City are broken & don't work.

DR Jane, I was wondering about that as I saw many people looking over and contemplating purchases of such items as display modes of HD TVs, PCs and laptops.  I don't recall any warning signs of no refunds, either.  The buyer should really beware, in this case.

I got my TV last year at Circuit City and it was a display model (and I got the deal of a lifetime!).  But so far, I've had absolutely no problem with it...except that the subtitles don't work when I watch a hi-def channel.  But if I watch the hi-def channel through my DVD burner (and I lose the hi-def), then I get subtitles.  Weird, huh?

George

« Reply #265 on: March 01, 2009, 12:02:12 AM »

I have been out hiking all day.

Ok, mostly driving to go hiking. But I have been out all day.

Today, I walked to work (first time in a long time).  I had to leave about an hour and a half earlier than I really wanted because my sister asked if I could help her put up some Ikea CD shelves.  I'm glad I left early because when I left, I walked to a local sub-sandwich shop that's half way between my home and work (very good and fresh), then I walked the rest of the way home.  As I was driving to my sister's house, it was about the time that I would've been leaving if she hadn't called and it started raining!  I hadn't brought my umbrella to work and if I'd left when I originally wanted, I've gotten soaked.  I guess that that makes up for forgetting about "Stage Door." ;)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #266 on: March 01, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »

...except that the subtitles don't work when I watch a hi-def channel.  But if I watch the hi-def channel through my DVD burner (and I lose the hi-def), then I get subtitles.  Weird, huh?

I have, on occasion, lost CC on my set; the fix is to do a total reboot (plull the plug) of my COMCAST DVR/HD Cable receiver - an all is well again. Yup - weird!

der Brucer

George

« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2009, 12:04:26 AM »

Right now, I'm watching and recording "Golden Boy" with William Holden and Barbara Stanwyck.  He's only 21 years old and boy was he gorgeous.

Just had to share. :D

George

« Reply #268 on: March 01, 2009, 12:05:10 AM »

...except that the subtitles don't work when I watch a hi-def channel.  But if I watch the hi-def channel through my DVD burner (and I lose the hi-def), then I get subtitles.  Weird, huh?

I have, on occasion, lost CC on my set; the fix is to do a total reboot (plull the plug) of my COMCAST DVR/HD Cable receiver - an all is well again. Yup - weird!

der Brucer

I'll try that...tomorrow.  I'm recording right now.

George

« Reply #269 on: March 01, 2009, 12:05:53 AM »

Well, since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up