Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ART OF ARRANGING  (Read 58388 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE ART OF ARRANGING
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »

Apparently tomorrow is Barbie's 50th Birthday.

I am going to a party for her tomorrow.

There are free cupcakes, balloons and presents for the kids.

Careful, not only is Barbie still anorexic, broken up with Ken recently, she now has a tattoo. ::)   ;D

Jane

« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2009, 01:21:16 PM »

DR elmore3003 and dB - you make a good point.  Name any issue, and you can find wing-nuts and extremists who can take you aback with their fervent beliefs.

Not with Bollywood.

;D ;D

Jane

« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2009, 01:31:21 PM »

OK, I promise to get off the gay marriage soapbox, but I really liked this Op/Ed piece.  Follow the link only if it interests you.   :)

That was very interesting.  I bet a lot of people here would opt for PACS if it were an option.  I know young couples who don't want to get married yet they have houses and children together. 

Jane

« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2009, 01:36:24 PM »

Well I found eating that pasta incredibly difficult.  I made less than a measuring cup of noodles and managed to eat only four or five little pieces.  Oh well baby steps. 

Thank you for the food ideas.  I think I will try some soup next but I see I will definitely need to supplement with the can for a little while at least. 

Maybe you will do better after your first therapy session.  So far you have only done the initial testing.  CONTINUED PATIENCE VIBES!

Speaking of the therapist, I'm beginning to doubt she/he knew you had been forgotten last time.  Maybe no one mentioned it or in reality it was the responsibility of the front desk person.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2009, 01:38:02 PM »

Back from picking up the Illya Darling tapes.  In addition to the album masters (stereo and mono) I've got all the session tapes, too, but unless something is drastically wrong with the album masters, I'm not going to do anything with the session masters, other than perhaps look for anything that wasn't used on the album - however, I'd have to mix those tracks, which is VERY costly, especially since the format on these is four-track and who knows if anyone has that type of machine.

Jane

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2009, 01:42:31 PM »

On TV TOnight!™

CBS - GHOST WHISPERER, FLASHPOINT, NUMB3RS
NBC - HOWIE DO IT, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, DATELINE
ABC - WIFE SWAP, SIEGFRED AND ROY report, 20/20
FOX - SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES, DOLLHOUSE
SCI  - BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Midway through last weeks SARAH CONNOR we dropped the series.

I dropped it after a couple of episodes this season when it was still on Monday night.

We wish we had. ;D

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2009, 01:45:21 PM »

Well I found eating that pasta incredibly difficult.  I made less than a measuring cup of noodles and managed to eat only four or five little pieces.  Oh well baby steps. 

Thank you for the food ideas.  I think I will try some soup next but I see I will definitely need to supplement with the can for a little while at least. 

Maybe you will do better after your first therapy session.  So far you have only done the initial testing.  CONTINUED PATIENCE VIBES!

Speaking of the therapist, I'm beginning to doubt she/he knew you had been forgotten last time.  Maybe no one mentioned it or in reality it was the responsibility of the front desk person.

Apparently I am not having any more therapy because I passed the test.  Now it is just up to me to  start eating.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »

I have a headache and I'm cranky.

~~Anti-Headache and Cranky Vibes for DR Dan (the Man)!!~~~

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2009, 01:49:40 PM »

Well I passed the swallowing test!  I have been told I can start eating real food again.

I have been told to start with soft and creamy foods.

I think I am going to start with egg noodles with alfredo sauce sauce

Great news! 

Thank you for the food ideas.  I think I will try some soup next but I see I willdefinitely need to supplement with the can for a little while at least. 

What about pudding?? :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2009, 01:54:17 PM »

Handy Man 1 still MIA - says he'll be here within the hour.  I think I'll go see if I have any mail and maybe get a sandwich.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2009, 01:54:32 PM »

Then again, maybe I won't.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2009, 01:56:31 PM »

Want to ten to a few more little items upstairs and then I'll head back down to try to watch another JAG episode before Gregg arrives. He's supposed to be here around 6:30.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2009, 01:56:34 PM »

Apparently I am not having any more therapy because I passed the test.  Now it is just up to me to  start eating.

Eating as therapy, I like that!

Congratulations on passing your test, DR Vixmom.  How about yogurt?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2009, 01:58:36 PM »

Richard and I just returned from a program at our local public library about Linked In, the professional networking site.  There were 3 other people there, all men.  One of them is a fellow-retiree and the other 2 are out of work.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2009, 02:05:32 PM »

Richard and I just returned from a program at our local public library about Linked In, the professional networking site.  There were 3 other people there, all men.  One of them is a fellow-retiree and the other 2 are out of work.

LOL!  Of course it they wanted working people to come to the meeting they proabbaly should have held it after normal office hours .

vixmom

« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2009, 02:06:55 PM »

Ice cream, Yogurt and pudding ALL sound like good choices!  I wil lhave to get some in the house!

Kerry

« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2009, 02:07:47 PM »

TOD:

audio comfort food:  Petula Clark, Polly Bergen, Jeri Southern, Liz Callaway, my own compilation CD's, Sylvia Robinson and "Broadway Christmas."   :)
I like boat races.

vixmom

« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2009, 02:10:58 PM »

Well I am goingto go spend some quality time with the Vixter.

Laters!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2009, 02:23:23 PM »

Excerpts from Terry Teachout's review for GUYS AND DOLLS in the Wall Street Journal:

Never underestimate the power of a director to louse up a good show. That's what Des McAnuff has done to "Guys and Dolls," a pop-culture masterwork so bulletproof that it's never failed to make its effect, even when performed by amateurs -- until now. Mr. McAnuff, the director of "Jersey Boys," has taken Frank Loesser's timeless tale of New York in the '30s and turned it into a shrink-wrapped, over-designed piece of high-dollar plastic that belongs in a warm-weather theme park, not on Broadway.

What we have here, I suspect, is yet another case of a revival whose makers didn't trust their material. Viewed in a dim light, after all, "Guys and Dolls" can look like a faded period piece, a backward glance at a long-lost Broadway that was already more than half gone when the show opened six decades ago, a land of crapshooting sharpies in snap-brimmed hats who prowled the streets in search of action. Hence Mr. McAnuff's cluttered, noisy staging, in which the actors cavort before a giant screen on which an ever-changing stream of glossy images of New York is digitally projected. You can barely see the cast for the scenery, or hear the score through Bruce Coughlin's buffed-up, smoothed-out orchestrations.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2009, 02:24:53 PM »

My work's gotten kicked around in its day, but i've never been accused of "buffed up" orchestration!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »

Now I remember what I wanted to tell you all this morning.

I went to the theatre last night and as I usually do, I stopped by the TKTS booth to see what was up. As I was reading the board an out of town person asked one of the paid hawkers about Guys and Dolls.

"Well", she said in a bright and friendly voice, "it's a great show based on a wonderful movie from the 50s. Marlon Brando played the lead and he couldn't sing but he sure was a good actor."

I

SCREAMED

to myself and walked away quickly before I could look at the idiot woman who is hawking shows she doesn't even f*****g know!!! Or, if she does know G&D and did that on purpose, shame on her for helping to continue the dumbing down of the Broadway audience.

By the way, I was not impressed by

Impressionism

While there are some good people in the show, the play is weak, pretenious and boring. There IS a great scene in Act Two with Andre de Shields but much of the play just sits there like so much fish.

DAW

« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2009, 03:02:27 PM »

I want a job as a swallow therapist

I want to ignore my patients in lieu of going out to lunch, and then when I return get paid lots of money to tell my patients that they can eat - now go away!   :)

DAW

« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2009, 03:03:27 PM »

DAW

« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2009, 03:05:16 PM »

i've never been accused of "buffed up" orchestration!

Try it...you might like it!    ;)

Laura

« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2009, 03:14:12 PM »

Clearly, DAW, you are in the wrong business.

DAW

« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2009, 03:20:14 PM »

Clearly, DAW, you are in the wrong business.

I thought monkey business suited me pretty well.      ::)

Jane

« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2009, 03:21:51 PM »

I have to wonder why the doctor couldn't simply order the test.  It would have been easier.

DAW

« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2009, 03:22:58 PM »

I started to smile and giggle...

Did you giggle like a schoolgirl?

I hope you giggled like a schoolgirl.       :)

Michael

« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »

It is interest when you put 8 and ) you get a smiley!!!

8)

Thanks. I never knew that!
"If you select "Don't Use Smileys" under Additional Options  when you post, you'll avoid the problem.

der Brucer
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2009, 03:30:25 PM »

Back from picking up the Illya Darling tapes.  In addition to the album masters (stereo and mono) I've got all the session tapes, too, but unless something is drastically wrong with the album masters, I'm not going to do anything with the session masters, other than perhaps look for anything that wasn't used on the album - however, I'd have to mix those tracks, which is VERY costly, especially since the format on these is four-track and who knows if anyone has that type of machine.

Would any of the session tapes have the song that Sondheim provided the lyrics for? It's not on the album
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up