Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FORGET-ME-NOT LANE  (Read 38850 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: FORGET-ME-NOT LANE
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2009, 07:31:09 PM »

After doing the long jog I went directly to the editing room.  I did the handful of fixes, built the main and end titles, and the came home.  I got home at one-twenty.  I was about to go to this here site when I noticed that the cable modem lights were not blinking correctly and I knew that Time Warner was once again down.  I thought for a moment that maybe it had just lost signal, so I did what they always suggest (even thought the Airport/Time Machine was a solid green) - I unplugged the modem's power, waited a minute, then plugged it back in.  It was immediately clear that Time Warner was down, because now not only were the lights blinking erratically, but the Airport/Time Machine was now blinking amber, which means it wasn't getting any signal. 

And... ???

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2009, 07:31:35 PM »

I prefer thin onion rings. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2009, 07:36:38 PM »

I like bricks of onion rings without much breading

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2009, 07:37:07 PM »

I called Time Warner - usually if there's a problem in the neighborhood there's a recording on the machine saying so.  But there wasn't - I got a person on the phone and she checked and yes, ten minutes before I got home the whole Studio City area went down.  A technician was on his way to see what it was about.  I went off to Nate 'n' Al's to have lunch.  When I returned two hours later it still wasn't working.  I called again.  This time I was told that it looked like just before they were about to reboot the system they'd found a cut in the fibre optic line - I have no idea what that means.  He thought it might be another ninety minutes.  I turned on a movie and watched ninety minutes.  Still not working.  Called back.  This time I was told the crew had arrived at the problem area at 5:45 and were working with no ETA.  How this problem could have been a problem from 1:10 and nothing done about it until 5:45 is, well, it's Time Warner isn't it?  Even the guy I was speaking to said it was unacceptable, but there was nothing else he could tell me.  Given that we've been without service for six hours, I'm not confident that these complete incompetent idiots will have this up and running before midnight, if then.  I do hope everyone affected calls and makes them credit us for the time down - I know I will be doing so.  It's so annoying, and they just don't care - they don't care enough to let almost four hours go by without dispatching a crew.  And now it is dark out - will they work through the night?  Especially if it starts raining.  Doubtful.  And so I'm going to post some emergency notes right now - very short - and then should Time Warner get their act together before midnight, THEN I'll go in and replace them with proper notes.  So, let's just say that right now I was really not in the mood to log on and find five pages of posts. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2009, 07:39:01 PM »

I'm SO annoyed right now.  I did have a good pastrami sandwich.  I really find it hard to write and post on the laptop these days - because, yes, I now have the new 24inch iMac, which I'm totally in love with.  Let's just say I pulled a few strings and after said pulling of strings the new iMac was mine.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2009, 07:40:51 PM »

I'm SO annoyed right now.  I did have a good pastrami sandwich.  I really find it hard to write and post on the laptop these days - because, yes, I now have the new 24inch iMac, which I'm totally in love with.  Let's just say I pulled a few strings and after said pulling of strings the new iMac was mine.

Size queen.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2009, 07:43:50 PM »

I have eaten too much today.  But the Gingham Inn fried chicken just couldn't be refused :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2009, 07:45:09 PM »

I am very happy that I was able to fit into the clothes my mother wanted to give me. Some are just a titch tight, but they are 4 sizes smaller than what I was squeezing into last October!  If that isn't incentive to keep going I don't know what is

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2009, 07:45:42 PM »

bk - There are actually a couple of Time-Warner reps on Twitter.  One of them is actually a higher-up, and I've seen him respond to queries immediately and offer whatever assistance and explanations he's able to.  -He even provides the direct(!) number for Customer Service.

@AlexTWC
@JeffTWC
@MsmarTWC

*Apparently, Central Texas is dealing with outages right now too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2009, 07:47:08 PM »

DR Cilla a treat once in awhile is ok.  Vibes you will soon be wearing the new clothes.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »

Bruce-TIME-WARNER VIBES!

Jane

« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2009, 07:47:41 PM »

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2009, 07:50:49 PM »

Gabe is a doll.  It was fun to see him today. Didn't get home until about 8:00 Pm

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2009, 07:53:25 PM »

DR Cilla a treat once in awhile is ok.  Vibes you will soon be wearing the new clothes.

Oh I'm all about treats ;)  I gained a little in New Orleans, but lost it plus some since I've been home.  This wasn't bad as far as treats go...and it was the first time I've seen my family since Christmas, so a treat was in order

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2009, 07:54:46 PM »

Well... I think I'm going to head back to my apartment now, and do some reading.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2009, 08:06:40 PM »

I'm not sure when Panera closes.  They're acting like they're cleaning up and getting ready to close now, but then I just saw them delivering food to people, so they couldn't possibly close before eight-thirty.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2009, 08:17:31 PM »

Guess I'll pack up and go back home.  I've posted some Emergency Notes.  IF Time Warner finally fixes things this evening, then I'll amend them or maybe not. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »

I'm really kind of astonished by the lack of posting today.  You'd think it was a Saturday or something.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2009, 08:25:26 PM »

I had a great evening of movie and video entertainment.

I began with ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST on Blu-ray. I have never thought the film looked very good on home video so I was rather surprised and delighted the Blu-ray was as sharp and mostly pristine as it was. It didn't have a lossless audio track. Warners gave it a high bitrate Dolby Digital instead which was OK since it's not exactly a dynamic sound mix anyway.

Since I was so familiar with the story, I kept my eye on the various supporting actors in the cast to see what they were doing while Jack was "emoting." Nice work all around from those guys.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2009, 08:26:01 PM »

Back home and we're back up.  I guess I'll leave the Emergency Notes - don't really think I'll feel like writing new notes later.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2009, 08:30:31 PM »

Next I watched the next episode on THE UNIVERSE Blu-ray set. This one was "The Moon," and it was quite fascinating with various speculations about the origins of our moon.

Did you folks know the moon is moving away from us every year? It moves away about an inch and a half every year.

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2009, 08:33:04 PM »

As I was watching "The Moon" and thinking what I wanted to watch next, I remembered that I hadn't watched a laserdisc in a long, long time. So, I glanced through the shelves of discs and settled on A TIME TO KILL.

Yep, I have never replaced this movie with the DVD version. I didn't remember it being so long, but I did enjoy it after not having seen it for quite a long time.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2009, 08:34:14 PM »

My work project tomorrow will be the SD version of BOLT. This should make it an easy day which I needed since I'll be away from home tomorrow night and will only have the afternoon to work on a project.

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2009, 08:35:51 PM »

I would love to stay and post but I'm very sleepy.  So I'm going to get some sleep

Michael

« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2009, 08:47:17 PM »

I also want to pipe in and say I also enjoyed Forget me Not Lane.
And I agree with BK's Assessment of Mr, Maher  I got to meet him during the filming of Little Gloria... He died relatively young of a brain tumor
Never stop dreaming.

td

• td
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2009, 08:52:08 PM »

I am home from a reasonably busy night at work.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2009, 08:53:17 PM »

I "lei"-ed several customers tonight with shamrocks; the homonym brought smiles to many, many faces and much joking was made.

Michael

« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2009, 08:53:17 PM »

Books that influenced me to read.

When I was young I loved to read The Wizard of Oz and Alice In Wonderland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Actually The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland taught me to read. We had recordings of both books. I do not remember who read the Wizard Of Oz, but Cyril Ritchard narrated the Alice books. It was seven albums or so and each cover had an copy of Tenniel, the original illustrator, art work. I would listen to the books over and over again and follow them in the printed versions.

I also enjoyed Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn but my mother had to explain to me about the treatment of the blacks in the books.
Never stop dreaming.

td

• td
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2009, 08:54:08 PM »

Dixie Bell is so silly sometimes; she waited until I came home from work to devour her dinner.

Michael

« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2009, 08:54:11 PM »

Well caught up on all the notes and such.

And now to bed.
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up