Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHOW THAT GOT AWAY  (Read 21917 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE SHOW THAT GOT AWAY
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2009, 11:42:40 AM »

PAGE FIVE DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2009, 12:05:29 PM »

A mini-review on our contributions at HHW (courtesy of the confused site):

Akin to being trapped amid a million annoyingly obnoxious Krayola posts! Help!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2009, 12:16:42 PM »

"I don't understand the Hainsansians..."
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DAW

« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2009, 12:24:20 PM »

Kind of like watching Leslie Uggams sing "June is Bustin' Out All Over," isn't it?    ;D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »

"Annoyingly obnoxious" ?  I take offence to that!  I am never annoying.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2009, 12:32:21 PM »

"Annoyingly obnoxious" ?  I take offence to that!  I am never annoying.

I have to assume that was about DAW.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2009, 12:34:29 PM »

That's Hainsies and Kimlets to you!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2009, 12:35:14 PM »

I forgot to mention--one of the confused couldn't even find the Forum.  Evidently hyperlinks marked "Unseemly" are not to be clicked.  ;)

Even when BK writes, "...click on the Unseemly Button..." EVERY day??

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2009, 12:35:16 PM »

Amazon has just infomed me that the Suskind Broadway orchestration book, which when I ordered it was not going to be available for three to four months,  has shipped and that I should be receiving it on Tuesday (along with the Jerome Robbins AMERICAN MASTERS dvd.) 

Yay!
-- Anaïs Nin

DAW

« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2009, 12:35:22 PM »

I have to assume that was about DAW. 

He doesn't even know the half of it!!

George

« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2009, 12:36:36 PM »

Just got a really nice e-mail from someone - a guy who works for AMC.  FJL knows him, because they allowed him to use some music from Starfighter in some episode or program.  So, this guy sometimes does themed screenings for audiences somewhere, comprised of clips.  They did one recently for Sci-Fi musicals.  Here's what he had to say about it:

Besides doing the web-show for AMC I host a monthly screening arranged around a theme.  In December I hosted Sci-Fi Musicals -- featuring numbers from Forbidden Zone, The Apple, even the Carpenters TV Special "Space Encounters".   But hands-down the audience favorite was "I Want to Eat Your Face".  It killed.  I grew up watching the movie on VHS so I never had the pleasure of seeing it with a crowd.  When the clip ended (after Dr. Stark says "What were you expecting Rogers & Hart?!") someone in the audience said "Where can I buy that movie?" 

After the show, a writer from The Daily Show came up to me and said that he was amazed by your song.  "It was supposed to be funny. And it was funnny."  (As opposed to all the unintentionally funny clips we saw, or the ones that tried to be funny, but weren't.)

That's pretty darned cool!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2009, 12:37:36 PM »

I suggest that these A&M people check back on the Kritzerland site in May - nothing will be happening before then and probably not till June - it's a complicated project due to the bonus tracks and my wanting David and Cissy to write stuff for the booklet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2009, 12:37:46 PM »

Back from the long jog.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2009, 12:38:38 PM »

Lunch meeting isn't until two, so I'll do stuff around the home environment, including making some posts with Krayola, and you might want to inform the offended party that it's Crayola.

DAW

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2009, 12:41:42 PM »

If you get paid for your posts, is it Crayola Payola?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2009, 12:42:11 PM »

They're upset that the release does not have its own thread where they can check for a release date--they're unwilling to "dig and dig" (I'm quoting one of the confused) through our piquant commentaries to find relevant information.  I had been telling them to come here since you always pre-announce things here, and at least some of your previous releases sold out quickly (though if I'm reading your email from last night correctly, you don't expect that to happen on this one).  So personally I hope some obsessed dealer buys 999 copies (leaving 1 for me) and they're all out in the cold, due to relying on the person who claims he's the sole source of information on the release.

Because they sell out so quickly, I thought the pre-announcements here were for "us" members of the forum so that we wouldn't miss out once everyone else got wind of it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2009, 12:43:02 PM »

DR Dan (the Man) regarding your reaction to the painting of the floors..... ;D ;D

I truly get it even if I find it a bit extreme.  :)

DAW

« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2009, 12:44:11 PM »

DR DtM is nothing if not extreme.     :)

DAW

« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2009, 12:44:46 PM »

But never annoying.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2009, 12:45:17 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... I seemed to have come down with a cold/fever/or-something-or-other.  Time to go back to napping.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2009, 12:48:41 PM »

They're upset that the release does not have its own thread where they can check for a release date--they're unwilling to "dig and dig" (I'm quoting one of the confused) through our piquant commentaries to find relevant information.  I had been telling them to come here since you always pre-announce things here, and at least some of your previous releases sold out quickly (though if I'm reading your email from last night correctly, you don't expect that to happen on this one).  So personally I hope some obsessed dealer buys 999 copies (leaving 1 for me) and they're all out in the cold, due to relying on the person who claims he's the sole source of information on the release.

Because they sell out so quickly, I thought the pre-announcements here were for "us" members of the forum so that we wouldn't miss out once everyone else got wind of it.

That was my take on it, also.

DAW

« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2009, 12:48:44 PM »

***FEEL BETTER PRONTO VIBES***
for DR JoseSPiano!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2009, 12:50:42 PM »

our piquant commentaries

That's a charitable way of putting it!     :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2009, 12:54:27 PM »

That's correct - the pre pre announcements are for loyal Crayola-pushing dear readers.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »

DR Dan (the Man) regarding your reaction to the painting of the floors..... ;D ;D

I truly get it even if I find it a bit extreme.  :)

Wait till DR Laura sees that painting...
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »

That's exactly right, but this particular release has a special tangential connection to another group that I (used to, anyway) post to quite regularly and BK had mentioned that they might want to know about it in advance as well.  As I just posted over there, no good deed goes unpunished.  One of them just called BK a "fool" for "letting things sell out", BTW.  Not very nice and making me unwilling to really waste my time there anymore.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »

Please pass this on to whoever called me a "fool":

Dear Foolcaller:

When we do limited editions it is because that is what the licensing contract calls for and that is the number we're comfortable doing - I know it's a radical thought, but Kritzerland does occasionally like to make some money and these limited editions have almost ALL sold out at 1000 units, making us a nice profit - the point being they would NOT sell out at 1500 or 2000 units - that's been proven time and again for small niche labels like us.  Whether the Baja reissue is limited or not I have not decided, as that album is a whole other ball of wax.  I'm excited about putting the Baja New Deal album out with quite a few interesting bonus tracks, but I have to tell you that the interest of this Krayola (sic - it's Crayola) pusher wanes with each and every "fool" comment that's passed along.  This project is special to me and I'm not rushing it - the source material on the bonus tracks requires TLC (tender loving care, for those who don't know), and I'm having David Wechter and Cissy Wechter each write things for the booklet.  Right now, of course, we've been issuing titles that actually sell well, and while I hope and pray that putting out New Deal is successful for us, I have go guarantees that it will even make its money back - as you might imagine, these releases are not free.

Sincerely,
The Fool

JMK

« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2009, 01:07:43 PM »

Good for you, BK.  I copied and pasted it over there.  I hope they're smart enough to apologize.  I'm not holding my breath.  ;)

JMK

« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »

I won't even mention what the idiot is complaining about now.  Just know I'm going to bat for you, BK.  :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2009, 01:16:01 PM »

It has been raining since I came out of the grocery store. Thankfully and luckily, it was just beginning to drop rain as I was putting the bags into the car, but I wasn't 100 feet away from the store before it started coming down pretty hard and then has rained off and on all afternoon. Right now it's taking a breather.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up