Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT  (Read 51265 times)

Michael

Re:IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2003, 04:41:12 PM »

Edited the stuff that didn't work

I hope that we all get a hang of this.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 08:37:40 PM by MDS »
Never stop dreaming.

Emily

« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2003, 04:43:40 PM »

I am back everyone!

And only six hours after trying to register for the first time! ;)

But enough of quibbles quabbles and etc.  

It is time for the big event.  The moment you all have been waiting for.  It is the one, the only...

NEW MESSAGE BOARD DANCE

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]DANCE-DANCE-DANCE-SPIN-TYPE-DANCE-TYPE-SPIN-CANCAN-SPIN-DANCE-TYPE-GLOW-TYPE-SPIN-DANCE-MARQUUUUUUUUUEEEE[/move]
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2003, 04:46:43 PM »

MDS: Type what you want to glow.  THEN highlight it - THEN click on the green "G"  IN THAT ORDER.

Jrand: I'm a big fan of Mr. Delmar Daves.  I like all the films you mentioned, but my fave of his films is 3:10 to Yuma with Mr. Glenn Ford. 8)

Michael

« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2003, 04:57:25 PM »

I now know who should replace Bernadette Peters in Gypsy! Guy Haines does a mean Together Wherever We Go! A little rouge, a little mascara and a stuffed chest and he'll be ready to go.

[shadow=blue,glow width, #characters wide]MDS: Type what you want to glow.  THEN highlight it - THEN click on the green "G"  IN THAT ORDER.[/shadow]
Never stop dreaming.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2003, 05:13:34 PM »

Well, good afternoon DRs.......and to esteemed, lithe, and super-techno-saavy BK, Congrats on the new work opportunity.  I'm especially glad that the gelt is good!!!

This is the first time that I have used the actual "reply" button,  as opposed to the "quick response" box.  The Q.R. box looked like the old empty field where we were supposed to type.

I couldn't understand why people kept talking about all of these effect buttons, etc., 'cause they ain't in the Q.R. box.

OK crafty BK, Mr. Mark B., and sneaky Craig.....what the hell is the "Karma" designation over on the left of the info area??  What is it,...Fish?

Danise

« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2003, 05:24:45 PM »

I finely made it on!  I had one Devil of a time with that code--my fault--I couldn't make out some of the letters.  Sorry for the e-mail, BK.  I should have realized the code would change and waited until it was a group I could read.

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2003, 05:28:39 PM »

Ask the Karma question in the tech support board and I'll be happy to explain... :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2003, 05:29:21 PM »

Glad you're in!

I shall endeavor to find out what the karma button means.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2003, 05:38:41 PM »

I'm a good boy I am and posted the Karma question on the technical thread.  And asked about the stars, too.  Kinda like the guy who wouldn't take my order at the pick-up window and made me move to the order window even though he was the only person on duty.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2003, 05:46:23 PM »

With all of these technical goings-on, I have been remiss in reporting on a film I saw last night called The Station Agent.  Peter Dinklage, Patricia Clarkson and Bobby Cannavale play a sort of odd trio (as opposed to an odd couple)--three people you would never suspect could connect--who connect mightily in this pleasant comedy/drama.  Their very different characters are well delineated in the writing as well as in the acting.  The film produces a good number of laughs as well as tears.  I highly recommend the picture.

td

• td
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2003, 05:49:52 PM »

Question for DR's Jennifer and William F. Orr...

Were you experiencing difficulties placing your "pins" on the very nifty new Member Map, or did you intentionally place yourselves out in the middle of the Atlantic?

I'm not Jennifer or WFO, but this morning my pin was just to the west of the African coast. . . :o
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jay

« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2003, 05:50:38 PM »

The night before last, I saw another film, called Girls Will be Girls.  It stars three drag queens playing actresses of varying ages trying to make it in Hollywood.  It's sort of Valley of the Dolls en travesti.  Although there were a few good throwaway lines, oy vey, what a cockamamie and contrived story.  My advice?  Pass.

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2003, 06:35:14 PM »

I'm a good boy I am and posted the Karma question on the technical thread.  And asked about the stars, too.  Kinda like the guy who wouldn't take my order at the pick-up window and made me move to the order window even though he was the only person on duty.

Not really the same thing at all. The reason why it's best to ask questions about how the forum works is the Tech Support board becomes a repository for others who have similar problems.

Andrea

« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2003, 06:36:41 PM »

I'm here! Yeah!
Thanks go all who got me on-- I couldn't wait six hours as patiently as Emily did!

Anyhoo, I'm off to Penn. and Maryland for the weekend with my class and CYGOPP. So you all be good now while I'm gone!

Emily

« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2003, 06:45:01 PM »

Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Mark Bakalor's eyes in his icon pic. are following them?

Crrrrrreeeeeeepppyyyy...
;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jason

« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2003, 06:47:48 PM »

Good evening, all...glad to see everyone (wel, nearly everyone) has found their way to the board.  ;D

I had a thoroughly frightening evening. I was supposed to go to the Big Apple Circus with my friend, Jennifer, who had free tickets through the Met. Well, she ended up giving the other ticket to her blasted roommate, so I was (figuratively and literally) left out in the cold, so I went to a movie. What movie did I choose to see by myself?? Frickin' "Texas Chainsaw Massacre!" What was I thinking???

I don't generally get scared by movies...usually only when they do things like have people jump out from behind things. Wouldn't you know that people jumped out from behind things all over this movie? It was like the pole vault event for all the jumping. I've never seen the original movie, but this one certainly had me from the get-go--my heart was pounding the entire 90 minutes and I believe I yelled out a few explitives along the way.  :-[ On the way out of the movie theater, and the entire subway ride home, I couldn't help but laugh at myself for being so jittery. I'm sure I looked a fool with that big, cheesy grin on my face.

If you're looking for a scary, scary movie to see and are going just to have fun, not to criticize, go see this movie. What a blast! I don't know that I'll see any more scary movies by myself, though...

Anywho, that's all I know right now.

Jed

« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2003, 07:01:29 PM »

Thanks to Mr. Mark Bakalor for explaining the Karma thing (see the "Technical Support" board for this explanation).  Sounds like we'll be able to use this to send our world-famous Hainsie/Kimlet good vibes (among other things), but first we all need to get ourselves up to 25 posts!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jason

« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2003, 07:02:01 PM »

Sounds like Mr. Gest is going to take Liza for all she's worth...

Like sands through the hour-glass, these are the days of our ex-wives.

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2003, 07:14:28 PM »

Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Mark Bakalor's eyes in his icon pic. are following them?

Crrrrrreeeeeeepppyyyy...
;)

They are!

Laura II

« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2003, 07:18:55 PM »

Hello everybody! I hope you all had a [move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]wonderful[/move] day! Work was so much fun! Watching children grow as performers is so gratifying! Ok, just stopping by! Take care!
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Jed

« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2003, 07:25:30 PM »

Oh, I nearly forgot...
Tried to post this earlier, but my fershluganah computer decided to freeze up at that moment.  I recieved my lovely Kritzerland CD this afternoon!  Always nice to have some new Guy Haines to listen to.

Also, I've been having a bit of trouble getting the "glow" function to work, so I'm gonna try again using BK's instructions (or other minor variations)...

Does this glow?

If not, does this glow?

Jed

« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2003, 07:27:16 PM »

If either of my glowing attempts above did work, I guess my Mac just doesn't show it.

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2003, 08:11:44 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Kudos to BK and The Guys![/move]
With the Old Board, I had a devil of a time keeping everybody straight. With the New Board, it's much easier to distinguish between each of you. Your personalities come through loud and clear.

:D :D Glad to Meet Ya! :D :D
[/b][/color]

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2003, 08:23:58 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen...

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]A DRUMROLL PLEASE.......A DRUMROLL PLEASE.......A DRUMROLL PLEASE.......[/move]

In honor of our new AND improved board, I have just uploaded a TRIPLE (no you are not misreading) TRIPLE entry of Juliana's Journal...

Enjoy!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2003, 08:25:02 PM »

Let's not weep for Liza's lost millions yet. We haven't heard from her side of the table yet, and I'm sure they're going to have some VERY interesting stories to tell. This is going to get SO ugly.

She has always had the WORST taste in men.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

td

• td
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2003, 08:27:24 PM »

So - - does anyone else think that NOW this will undoubtedly become the most popular site on the internet! ? ! ? ! ?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Michael

« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2003, 08:35:31 PM »

It looks like one of the Borders near me jumped the gun on Elaine Stritch at Liberty and Tony Award highlights show that was scene on PBS. Got both of them.

A Chorus Line, Dreamgirls and Man of La Mancha are still missing (although you get to see a couple of seconds of Richard Kiley as the Don, but there is narration over it. Too bad they didn't add the bonus part of Annie to the original cut and show it as a long continious scene.

But the reason why I am posting is the title song from Applause. (More complete than recording) is shown and one gets to see the waiters tushes (this was 1970's TV)  and I believe that is Sammy Williams as one of the gypsies....So those people who have seen Applause does the title song take place in Joe Allen's (BK favorite NYC restaurant)? The set reminded me of the restaurant.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2003, 08:35:56 PM »

Liza, should have held off marrying Peter Allen, waited until Hugh Jackman did "The Boy from Oz", and THEN married Mr. Jackman!  ............Well, at least he's straight.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

Liza and David
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2003, 08:39:11 PM »

That whole thing is a sick thing to begin with.
Never stop dreaming.

Jason

« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2003, 08:41:04 PM »

She has always had the WORST taste in men.

Apparently, so has Mr. Gest.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up