Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PEANUT BUTTER PIE  (Read 16345 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
PEANUT BUTTER PIE
« on: April 15, 2009, 12:41:29 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were peanutty, and now it is time for you to post until the peanutty cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: PEANUT BUTTER PIE
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:41:58 AM »

And the word of the day is: SLAKE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 12:43:54 AM »

Posted on the technical board and unseen - from dear reader embolism - someone please respond there and here:

This is an awesome tutorial, thank you for posting it!  Unfortunately, though, I'm not finding the name of my icon in the list you've specified here.  I've uploaded directly form my computer, linked to an external url, looked for the icon under the name of the uploaded file, under the name of the external url jpg, and under my user name. And I've refreshed the page.  What am I doing wrong?  Short of scrolling through and viewing each individual icon till I stumble upon mine, is there anything you can recommend to help a girl out?

Thanks in advance!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 01:41:43 AM »

Posted on the technical board and unseen - from dear reader embolism - someone please respond there and here:

This is an awesome tutorial, thank you for posting it!  Unfortunately, though, I'm not finding the name of my icon in the list you've specified here.  I've uploaded directly form my computer, linked to an external url, looked for the icon under the name of the uploaded file, under the name of the external url jpg, and under my user name. And I've refreshed the page.  What am I doing wrong?  Short of scrolling through and viewing each individual icon till I stumble upon mine, is there anything you can recommend to help a girl out?

Thanks in advance!

Okay, here goes:

When you add a new avatar with the "I will upload my own picture" option, or link from an external URL (or if you pick an existing avatar from the list of photos next to the "Personalized Picture" radio button), you need to go to the bottom of that screen and click on the "Change profile" button.  Your new avatar will then show. 

It seems that the list of photos next to the "Personalized Picture" radio button are all only from the previous version of the board.  No new avatar has been added to that big avatar list. 

If you upload a new picture (and click the "Change profile" button), then upload another picture (or choose one from the big list), you can't get back to that actual first picture.  You can upload the same picture again (and again and again), but it'll actually be another copy of the same picture.

And finally, any newly uploaded or linked avatar is automatically resized to be up to 65 x 65 pixels only.  They can't be made larger...as far as anyone has been able to find out. :P

Hope this helps! ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 01:45:14 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:11:07 AM »

Good morning, my first day in months with almost no under-the-deadline tax work.  There will be some for next week, a few May 15 deadline returns to get started, and some to whom we promised that we'd get to their work right after tax season.

Ginny

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 05:10:11 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I'm off to Dayton today to a 3-hour workshop titled "The 90-Minute Grant Proposal."  Somehow, that doesn't compute.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 05:56:55 AM »

And the word of the day is: SLAKE!

And The Song Of The Day Is :   SOMETHING COOL

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 06:10:34 AM »

Only six posts?

I guess everyone is off doing their taxes.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 06:17:03 AM »

* * * * *  HEALTH VIBES FOR DR CILLALIZ'S NEPHEW DAVID  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 06:32:42 AM »

Only six posts?

We filed earlier and already got our refund. We are very excited to go out and stimulate the economy with that $22.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 06:37:18 AM »

Good morning, all! DR FJL, congrats on surviving another tax ordeal! My estimated taxes for the IRS cleared today so I know they got the payment; i'm still waiting for the NY State Tax check to land.

BK, Calvin Remsberg was the second Beadle Bamford; my late great friend Jack Eric Williams, who longed to play the lead in CONFEDERACY OF DUNCES, was the first. Jack was a talented composer from Odessa, Texas, as I recall, and a wonderful guy. He died way too young. But so did aso many in the 1980s.

I had a follow-up appointment at 11:45 this morning for my colonoscopy and baout 15 minutes ago, the nurse called and canceled it. I'm now on for May 1 at 11:45. So, I think I may to go Lincoln Center today and continue my Babes In Toyland footnotes by dragging out all the scrapbooks.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 06:41:25 AM »

DR Laura, I enjoyed your light rail service ride through Phoenix, but I think Christmasvillagetown looks like it has a higher population.  Where are all the people?
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 07:05:41 AM »

Only six posts?

Nope, mine are done. They were done on February 1st and both refunds are sitting in the bank, not stimulating the economy, although the bank is paying me interest and has probably loaned out the amount of my two refunds to other people so perhaps I am stimulating the economy in a roundabout way. My bank is not one with troubled or toxic assets, it's a small, stable bank with no danger of failing.

Laura

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 07:09:25 AM »

DR Laura, I enjoyed your light rail service ride through Phoenix, but I think Christmasvillagetown looks like it has a higher population.  Where are all the people?

They are in their cars.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 07:09:41 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I - well, we, have an audience tonight!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 07:10:46 AM »

bk - What was the most interesting question and/or response during last night's event with Georgia and Jason?

*Did they bring their child with them?
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 07:13:25 AM »

House of Pies,yum!  But it is almost impossible for me to go to the House of Pies and not order my standby...Coconut cream pie with whipped cream, not meringue.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 07:14:53 AM »

And just a reminder for any DRs who may be finishing up their taxes today...

Due to budget cuts, most post offices are not staying open late(r) tonight.  So, if you were planning an 11:59pm drop-off, you may need to re-plan your plans.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 07:19:41 AM »

Good morning!

It's a gorgeous day out right now. The forecast was for overcast, but they got that wrong (so far). I may be spending some time on the porch around lunchtime!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 07:21:19 AM »

No, I mailed my taxes in last Friday, so that chore is done. I read that the tax bureaus are six to eight weeks behind in processing, so the refunds I'm supposed to get won't arrive until summer most likely. Most of the money will go toward paying my property taxes for 2009, but I do plan to use part of it on something fun (and electronic).

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 07:22:24 AM »

Peanut butter pie is good, but I much prefer peanut butter cake, preferably made by me. I haven't done one in awhile, and since I've taken a vacation from sugar (for the most part), I don't see one in the near future, but I do love peanut butter cake.

Laura

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 07:24:28 AM »

I think that my automobile break-in is all part of a plot by the guvmint to stimulate the economy: replacing the stolen items and replacing the window is certainly costing money.

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 07:25:25 AM »

On TV TOnight!™

ABC - SCRUBS, BETTER OFF TED, LOST, THE UNUSUALS
FOX - BONES (new episode!), AMERICAN IDOL results
CW  - AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL
COM - SOUTH PARK, RENO 911!
BRAVO - KATHY GRIFFIN SPECIAL, A-LIST AWARDS

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 07:27:27 AM »

And I just got an email from my roommate, Jim.  Unfortunately, his brother and his wife, Danielle (Jim's sister-in-law), were involved in a very serious five-car accident last night that was caused by a hit-and-run driver.  Jim's brother is OK - understandably very shaken and emotional right now. However, Danielle is currently in very critical condition due to a fractured skull and brain contusions.  To add to the gravity of the situation, Danielle is also pregnant.  Somewhat miraculously, the baby is fine, but, of course, the condition of the soon-to-be-born is dependent on the health of the mother.  Thankfully, their five-year old son (Jim's nephew), was not in the car at the time of the accident, and he's being taken care of by his grandparents right now.  And before I share too much more information...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*And let's also hope that someone witnessed the accident - it happened at the end of rush hour, 6:15 pm - and that they catch the idiot who caused this tragic mess.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 07:27:32 AM »

I'll be spending more time with some impossible missions along with Jim Phelps and company today. A lighter viewing load tonight will also allow me to get more episodes watched.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 07:28:43 AM »

So sorry about the accident. I hope she is able to recover, DR Jose.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 07:31:48 AM »

Looking at the results of IDOL voting at DialIdol, it's obvious voters don't want Lil to go yet (especially since she was bottom thre last week). But her rendition of "The Rose" was rocky from start to finish and overall poorly sung, not the kind of song that shows off Lil's voice at all. And talking back to Simon (though that got cut off on my DVR with the show running over again) usually puts someone in danger, but I guess the troops rallied to her defense last night.

I still think the finals will be between Danny and Adam, that is, if there's any justice. Previous years have taught us that there often ISN'T any justice (Elliott, Melinda, Daughtry, etc.)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 07:33:59 AM »

From Jose:
DR Jane - When did you and Keith come in contact with the poison oak?  Did Sherlock get exposed too?

~~~~~NO-ITCH, NO TOUCHA-DA-FACE VIBES TO BOTH OF YOU~~~~~

Sherlock is fine.  Dogs get into the leaves, the oil rubs onto their coats, we touch the dogs....and you get the idea.  The dogs are only carrier's and thankfully don't suffer from this.  We could have gotten it from Sherlock, though this time we suspect it was from the dog we were petting Saturday night. 

Keith's face isn't worse which is good because it looks bad enough.  My face looks a little better & it wasn't bad to begin with.  We both have more on our necks & my arms are worse, still compared to Keith & to other bouts I have had, I shouldn't complain.

Thanks for all the vibes DR's.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 07:37:46 AM »

MEGA VIBES TO DANIELLE, THE BABY, & JIM'S BROTHER!!!

How far a long is the baby?  This is very scary & sad.  I hope Danielle has a complete recovery & the baby continues to be fine.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 07:42:37 AM »

MEGA VIBES TO DANIELLE, THE BABY, & JIM'S BROTHER!!!

How far a long is the baby?  This is very scary & sad.  I hope Danielle has a complete recovery & the baby continues to be fine.

I think she is four or five months along. -They had just planned her baby shower this past weekend.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up