Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOD INTENTIONS  (Read 17744 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: GOOD INTENTIONS
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2009, 05:03:09 PM »

Cilla, thanks for the much needed rash free vibes.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2009, 05:06:50 PM »

Well, it's official!  I've been cast as Lord Montague in Theater Artists Olympia's production of "Romeo and Juliet." :D A few days ago, I downloaded several versions of the play and in the shortest with only 35 pages, Lord Montague had only three lines.  I found another cut of the show with 75 pages(!) and LM has many more lines.  I'm hoping for fewer lines. ::)

It's not how many lines you have it's your presence,M'Lord ! Congratulations!

;)

td

• td
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2009, 05:08:38 PM »

Congrats, DR George!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2009, 05:10:22 PM »

DR DRUXY, if your revolver doesn't show up, be sure to file a police report that it's stolen or missing.  Who knows what it could be used for and if it's something bad and they run a trace, it will come up with your name.

I plan to call the moving company in the morning.

Did you have it locked?  Would the movers know what it was?  Many items simply disappeared during moves.  It is very distressing & difficult to prove.  I hope you find it.  If not, The fact the police will be involved should make a difference.

You give it to the driver...and he seals it in a box.

He had 3 helpers when they loaded in Los Angeles.  Hmmm....
You can dream…or you can do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2009, 05:16:57 PM »

Fortunately, when der B and I moved, we didn't have anything like a revolver.

Not even a Beatles Revolver.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Do you have pics of the item, DR. Druxy?  Anything that the police can use to identify the piece should be helpful.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2009, 05:18:57 PM »

Der B is watching Amazing Race.

SPOILER!!!

Everyone is running around, trying to get flights.

END SPOILER!!!

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2009, 05:29:42 PM »

I just returned from seeing an incredible production of ON GOLDEN POND.  The actor who played Drummond opposite by Brady in INHERIT THE WIND (and the man I want to read Dr Druxy's TRACY) was brilliant as Norman, but the entire cast was excellent.

George, if you haven't seen this show on stage, you should try and see it.  It plays one more weekend (and I believe they may need ushers).
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2009, 05:33:08 PM »

Well, it's official!  I've been cast as Lord Montague in Theater Artists Olympia's production of "Romeo and Juliet." :D A few days ago, I downloaded several versions of the play and in the shortest with only 35 pages, Lord Montague had only three lines.  I found another cut of the show with 75 pages(!) and LM has many more lines.  I'm hoping for fewer lines. ::)

;)

Congratulations, George!  Try not to get snowed out of this show!  Which company is doing this production?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2009, 05:34:08 PM »

DR Cilla where have you eaten the best beignet?

Nephews visiting :D

Cafe DuMonde

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2009, 05:37:35 PM »

Dear Jane & Keith, 60th, big party?

Just the 3 of us.  We might go out to lunch or dinner & if it is nice take Sherlock.  The boys will call on Skype so we can see them as well as talk.

Just before our first date I gave Keith a surprise 17th birthday party. 

Before your first date?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2009, 05:38:01 PM »

DR DRUXY, if your revolver doesn't show up, be sure to file a police report that it's stolen or missing.  Who knows what it could be used for and if it's something bad and they run a trace, it will come up with your name.

Did you have it locked?  Would the movers know what it was?  Many items simply disappeared during moves.  It is very distressing & difficult to prove.  I hope you find it.  If not, The fact the police will be involved should make a difference.

Then you have a signed receipt for it.  You are off the hook anyway.  The driver must be very, very unhappy about this.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »

Page Five Spiderman Dance.  ;D

That is the gayest Spiderman I have ever seen.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2009, 05:39:54 PM »

DR Cilla where have you eaten the best beignet?

Nephews visiting :D

Cafe DuMonde

I thought it might be.  Keith mentioned the cafe yesterday when our niece said she is going to New Orleans.  Of course I asked why he didn't tell me to go there when we were in New Orleans, 3 days of missed opportunities.  Back then I had no idea they even existed.

Jane

« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2009, 05:45:33 PM »

Dear Jane & Keith, 60th, big party?

Just the 3 of us.  We might go out to lunch or dinner & if it is nice take Sherlock.  The boys will call on Skype so we can see them as well as talk.

Just before our first date I gave Keith a surprise 17th birthday party. 

Before your first date?

Yes.  April 23rd is the day we celebrate as our anniversary as a couple.  The following February he proposed.  We couldn't understand why our parents thought we were too young :D.  They must have convinced Keith since he made me wait until after he turned 20 for the wedding.  Back then it wasn't such a big deal for an 18 year old girl to be engaged, but a 17 year old boy.....

Jane

« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2009, 05:45:53 PM »

Page Five Spiderman Dance.  ;D

That is the gayest Spiderman I have ever seen.

;D

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2009, 05:48:47 PM »

Fortunately, when der B and I moved, we didn't have anything like a revolver.

Not even a Beatles Revolver.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Do you have pics of the item, DR. Druxy?  Anything that the police can use to identify the piece should be helpful.

I have the serial number.  It was registered.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2009, 05:50:05 PM »

Then you have a signed receipt for it.  You are off the hook anyway.  The driver must be very, very unhappy about this.

He is.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I have four more performances left of The Producers and just seven more days left here in Charleston.  Le sigh.

*I am ready to head back home to NYC.  I'm just trying to figure out what non-show-related activities I want to do this week.  Some day trips to either Savannah and/or Columbia would be nice, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much time in a car (four hours round trip to either city).  We shall see.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2009, 06:11:28 PM »

DR druxy - Did the movers put your revolver in a special box? Could you have transported it yourself to Austin? -That just seems like such a risky thing for someone to take from a sealed moving box.  I hope all the workers are registered and accounted for.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2009, 06:12:54 PM »

Didn't I just read about a big bank robbery in Austin?
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2009, 06:13:40 PM »

DR George - Congrats on the casting!

*And if you were doing Shakespeare's R&J you'd most definitely have a LOT more lines. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »

DR Jane - Are you wiping down your mouse and counters? -Do you have to?

~~~~~ITCH AND RASH-BE-GONE VIBES TO YOU AND KEITH~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2009, 06:19:04 PM »

I'm back from a very enjoyable graduate recital. Jesse opened with a Beethoven piece, An die ferne Geliebte, opus 98, and closed the first half with Poulenc's cycle Chansons Gaillardes. The second half began with Gerald Finzi's Shakespeare Songs, Let Us Garlands Bring and closed with three musical theatre pieces with guest duet-ers, Wildhorn's "A Dangerous Game," Simon's "Lily's Eyes" which is moving but not nearly so well written as Bizet's Au fond du temple sant, although "Lily's Eyes" is becoming as ubiquitous as the Bizet. The closer was "Luck Be A Lady" with a seven-piece men's chorus and a nice 4-[oece combo of piano, bass, drums, and guitar, the same group that played for the Wildhorn and the Simon pieces.

The accompanist for the Poulenc, Finzi and Beethoven was Kenneth Merrill, who was quite wonderful. The pops accompanist was Cyrus von Hochstetter, who needs to learn how to do an unarpeggiated button. "Lily's Eyes" had a very sloppy close. Jesse sounded really great, and I think it was an overall success.

Sounds like a great program.  The Beethoven was one of the pieces I learned to play and sing when I was in college.  -And it's been ages since I've heard the "Chansons Gaillardes".

-And I'm finding it very interesting that a lot of MSM and Juilliard vocal recitals seem to include a musical theatre selection or two. Although, I probably would have steered clear of programming "A Dangerous Game". ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »

;)

Congratulations, George!  Try not to get snowed out of this show!  Which company is doing this production?

Theater Artists Olympia (TAO), the same company that did Reefer Madness: The Musical, that Josh Anderson is now president of.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »

Finished watching a motion picture - we're issuing the soundtrack in a few weeks.  I really have never liked the album presentation and now it's quite clear why - it's horribly edited, with cues edited onto other cues in a senseless way.  I took lots of notes and I now have to decide if I really want to take the time to have my mastering guy undo the edits (easy) and try to place things in film order (not so easy - there's a LOT of identifying to do and it will also render several cues very short, which they are in the film.  That's not a big deal to me, as I'll have tight spaces between cues, but it's the sheer intricacy of it that I may not be able to deal with.  Minimally I will do some of it - unfortunately, there are several cues in the film that aren't on the album at all, and that includes, I think, the end cue, although I'll have to go back now and see if it's edited onto another piece, which it may be.  And the album track titles bear little relation to the film, so I'm definitely going to re-title everything.

But I think I came up with a fun idea about all this, which is to do this "new" version of the old album and then to include the entire old album sequence after the new version - that way, you get both and the CD is suddenly seventy minutes instead of thirty-five. :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »

My friend, Fernando, and his girlfriend made it safely into Charleston earlier today.  He had told me he was driving a "truck" up from Florida, but I didn't realize it was a moving truck.  His girlfriend is making the big move up to The City.  So, it took them a little while to find a parking lot where (A) they could fit and (b) would allow them to park there.

We ended up having a wonderful Low Country brunch at Poogan's Porch.  Poogan's Porch is a restaurant that was set up in a restored Victorian House, and it's named after a neighborhood dog that "adopted" the house.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2009, 06:25:17 PM »

;)

It's not how many lines you have it's your presence,M'Lord ! Congratulations!

Thanks!  We'll have to see about the "presence," though. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2009, 06:35:31 PM »

After brunch, we walked around Charleston for a while to walk off the delicious biscuits from Poogan's. ;)  We stopped into a few stores that used to be other "things": a bank, a jewelry store, a movie theatre, etc.  Since Fernando is a Mac Genius at the Fifth Avenue Apple Store, we stopped into the Charleston Apple Store so that he could say "Hi" to his "colleagues". I introduced him to some of the associated that have been assisting me while I've been down here, and they all had some great questions about the workings of the Fifth Avenue Store.  Some of them also knew one of his managers since she was a regional rep for a while.

*And since the Charleston store and the Fifth Avenue store are in the same sales region, the staff from each store is able to check on each other's sales figures.  I learned today that during the last "Black Friday" - the day after Thanksgiving - the Fifth Avenue store had already done about $1 million dollars worth of business.  By 9:00AM(!!!).
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2009, 06:38:19 PM »

DR George - Congrats on the casting!

*And if you were doing Shakespeare's R&J you'd most definitely have a LOT more lines. ;)

I'm glad we're not doing that version.  I'd love to see it, though.

George

« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2009, 06:38:47 PM »

Well, since we're (finally) so close...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up