Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HOW BEAUTIFUL THE DAYS  (Read 19695 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: HOW BEAUTIFUL THE DAYS
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2009, 11:58:23 AM »

Speaking of birthdays ---  Happy Birthday to Keith, DH of  Jane.

I wish you and your lovely bride recover quickly from the terrible itchy rash!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2009, 11:59:11 AM »

Congratulations to Druxy on a successful house move!!

vixmom

« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2009, 11:59:51 AM »

Well I have to go attempt to eat something... LATERS!!

Laura

« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2009, 12:14:18 PM »

Vixmom, I don't remember Altar Boys as being inappropriate for a 16-year -old. But I had a 20-something-year-old with me.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2009, 12:22:56 PM »

The Vixter at 16 - scarrrrrry.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2009, 12:28:15 PM »

The Vixter at 16 - scarrrrrry.

Like a key change?
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2009, 12:30:51 PM »

Luckily the Vixter has good parental units.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2009, 12:31:39 PM »

I'm going to ship some packages and do some errands and maybe have a small sandwich, since I won't be eating after the commentary track and I'll need something before it and not too close to it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2009, 12:41:39 PM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Jane's DH Keith!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2009, 12:49:19 PM »

We got the estimate from the caterer this morning for Gabe's Bar Mitzvah.  Almost 3K.  Oy.

In the good news department, the wonderful Budget Committee at the church where I work decided last night not to cut staff hours/salary by 20%, which had been on the table due to the economy.  I'm incredibly grateful.  As is the caterer.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »

Happy Birthday to Keith!

Vibes for Angel Jim. That is very sad. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George

« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2009, 01:03:41 PM »

Topic of the Day:

All That Jazz
The Apple Doesn't Fall
Arthur in the Afternoon
Bobo's
Boom Ditty Boom
Cabaret
Cell Block Tango
Class
Coffee in a Cardboard Cup
Colored Lights
Don't "Ah Ma" Me
Dressing Them Up
Everybody's Girl
The Grass is Always Greener
The Happy Time
Home (70 Girls 70)
Kiss of the Spider Woman
Life Is
Maybe This Time
A Quiet Thing
Running in Place
Sing Happy
So What?
Steel Pier
Thataway!
Tomorrow Belongs To Me (taken out of context of the show, of course)
You Could Never Shame Me
Wet

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2009, 01:04:27 PM »

We're in the house...and, as you can see, my Internet is working.

Everything else is secondary.

;D

Congrats, DR Druxy! ;D

It's about time. ;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2009, 01:08:14 PM »

Continues to be a heavenly day. A slight little breeze greeted me as I sat on the porch while my lunch was cooking.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2009, 01:10:35 PM »

I watched last night's CASTLE while I ate lunch. It was a very enjoyable episode. Not much mystery to it, but the banter between the two leads brings back the wonderful back-and-forth that Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd shared in MOONLIGHTING.

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2009, 01:14:24 PM »

Then I watched IN THE REALM OF THE SENSES on Blu-ray for my work project. Oy! Am I glad I won't have to watch this movie again!

The Criterion Blu-ray transfer is one of the most beautiful transfers I've ever seen. Everything in beautiful focus with rich color and flesh tones that are as close to perfect as I've ever seen in a home video transfer. Contrast just right, not too pumped up and with natural grain giving it a very filmlike appearance.

But those real sex scenes are just not something I feel comfortable watching. (The intercourse was not simulated for the filming.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2009, 01:15:01 PM »

So, on AS THE STOMACH TURNS, now both gay boys are tied up by the crazy incestuous twins! Does no one on this soap ever use a cell phone or call the police when they need to? Nope. A fire starts in a kitchen and rather than dialing 911, the teens run away; this idiot rich gay kid finds his boy friend tied up and does he go for the police? Oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2009, 01:16:26 PM »

The bonus features were all in high definition, too. I didn't rewatch any of them in their entirety, but sampled all of them to see what the resolution was for them.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2009, 01:18:46 PM »

So, on AS THE STOMACH TURNS, now both gay boys are tied up by the crazy incestuous twins! Does no one on this soap ever use a cell phone or call the police when they need to? Nope. A fire starts in a kitchen and rather than dialing 911, the teens run away; this idiot rich gay kid finds his boy friend tied up and does he go for the police? Oy!

This was the last thing I watched today, and as Luke was railing on and on about Damien, I just fast forwarded through it. Talk about a broken record (and Holden is just as bad)!

I see the storyline continues tomorrow. Maybe they can wrap it up then. We can already see that Damien is going to save the day, and that's going to drive a stake through Lily and Holden's relationship especially since Luke is now softening toward him.

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2009, 01:19:02 PM »

Good afternoon, it's turned into an unexpected day.  Nothing extraordinary, but much better than I thought.  I'm probably going to leave early so I can go home, catch some dinner then return for the reception and announcement of next years Broadway at the Orpheum season.  Then it's Ain't Misbehavin with Ruben Studdard and Frenchie Davis.  I'm looking forward to it.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2009, 01:19:42 PM »

Please, sir, pretty Admiral, no boom-boom!

"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2009, 01:20:12 PM »

This was the last thing I watched today, and as Luke was railing on and on about Damien, I just fast forwarded through it. Talk about a broken record (and Holden is just as bad)!

I see the storyline continues tomorrow. Maybe they can wrap it up then. We can already see that Damien is going to save the day, and that's going to drive a stake through Lily and Holden's relationship especially since Luke is now softening toward him.

SHeesh! Lily and Holden are still having a relationship?  I watched ATWT back when she was barely a teenager and they started fooling around.

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2009, 01:20:14 PM »

Back from the grocery store - tonight's dinner=burgers 'n' fries, tomorrow's=chicken 'n' rice.  Isn't retirement exciting?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2009, 01:20:49 PM »

Before I watched AS THE WORLD TURNS, I watched another NCIS episode from the second season set. In this one, a bounty hunter is looking to collect a million dollars for discovering the body of a long dead heir to a fortune. Very easy to see the conclusion to this one a mile away. Not the show's finest hour.

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2009, 01:21:15 PM »

My brain has not been in work mode lately, I think it's just spring.   It's supposed to be 84 on Thursday.  That's just too darn hot for April

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2009, 01:21:49 PM »

SHeesh! Lily and Holden are still having a relationship?  I watched ATWT back when she was barely a teenager and they started fooling around.

Yes, they're together (as of now), but it's been a rocky road during the past year. And it looks to be again within a few more episodes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2009, 01:22:07 PM »

Think I'll cut out early,  I need to get out the hose and clean off the air conditioner just in case I need it later in the week

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2009, 01:23:08 PM »

Yes, they're together (as of now), but it's been a rocky road during the past year. And it looks to be again within a few more episodes.

Well I'm talking back in the 80s. It's been years and years since I was home during the day.  I think that Meg Ryan was still on last I watched regularly

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2009, 01:23:41 PM »

Back from the grocery store - tonight's dinner=burgers 'n' fries, tomorrow's=chicken 'n' rice.  Isn't retirement exciting?

Hey! Retirement is the GREATEST thing that ever happened to me. I can't imagine working a 9-5 job any more. I LOVE what I do now!

And those dinners sound GREAT! Simplicity is the key!

Ginny

« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2009, 01:30:01 PM »

Hey! Retirement is the GREATEST thing that ever happened to me. I can't imagine working a 9-5 job any more. I LOVE what I do now!

And those dinners sound GREAT! Simplicity is the key!

Yeah, I agree, DR MattH.  I'm just in a bit of a funk today, mostly dreading what I have to do tomorrow - take my 80-year-old aunt to a gastroenterologist.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up