Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: PINK  (Read 18842 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: PINK
« Reply #240 on: April 22, 2009, 08:28:36 PM »

Next, I watched another NCIS episode with Ducky in danger of being killed by a man his evidence sent to prison. Good show, and Nina Foch appeared as David McCallum's mother.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2009, 08:29:07 PM »

Page Nine Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #242 on: April 22, 2009, 08:30:08 PM »

Next came tonight's BETTER OFF TED. Another funny, silly episode. Portia di Rossi's deadpan performance is really hilarious.

Matt H.

« Reply #243 on: April 22, 2009, 08:31:56 PM »

I really hadn't planned on watching tonight's LOST recap, but since nothing else of import was on for me, I did watch it on the DVR. Sometimes these recap show have additional information or emphasize something glossed over on previous episodes. I didn't feel like this one did anything except maybe organize what's been happening for the past two seasons and especially this season.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2009, 08:32:50 PM »

Hmmm.. I'd consider a trip out to LA for this summer for this:

Ellen Greene Will Be Adelaide in Hollywood Bowl Guys and Dolls; Casting Nearly Complete
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #245 on: April 22, 2009, 08:33:20 PM »

And I had time to skim the results of tonight's AMERICAN IDOL. I do think the two sent home deserved to be going home. I had no problem with the five left standing as the five best of the finalists.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #246 on: April 22, 2009, 08:41:04 PM »

I really hadn't planned on watching tonight's LOST recap, but since nothing else of import was on for me, I did watch it on the DVR. Sometimes these recap show have additional information or emphasize something glossed over on previous episodes. I didn't feel like this one did anything except maybe organize what's been happening for the past two seasons and especially this season.
I've had the same reaction.  Finding out what's happened to Daniel will have to wait one more week.

(Now we all know how Chas Dicken's original readers felt reading his novels for the first time.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #247 on: April 22, 2009, 08:54:49 PM »

(Now we all know how Chas Dicken's original readers felt reading his novels for the first time.)

You are so right about that. I put shows like LOST and '24' in that same framework of serialized storytelling, and both have been superb this season.

Matt H.

« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2009, 08:58:08 PM »

Unless something pressing arrives in the mail tomorrow, I suppose I'll begin on the ALEXANDER KORDA'S PRIVATE LIVES box set. Charles Laughton's HENRY VIII is the first film in the set. I just watched it on TCM not two months ago, but I'll gladly watch it again to see his marvelous performance.

None of the four Korda movies are all that long, so if there's time tomorrow evening before prime time begins, I may try to get another one watched. If I can do that, I can get the box done in two days. The Eclipse releases never have bonus material.

Matt H.

« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2009, 08:59:05 PM »

I guess it's time now for me to head downstairs to bed.

Good night!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2009, 09:20:59 PM »

I have spent the past two days watching the absolutely amazing PLAYING SHAKESPEARE, a British series from the late 1970s and early 1980s.  I highly recommend it to everyone.  The RSC digging deep into texts and character approaches.  Fascinating.

JMK, are you watching this on tape or DVD?  I just ordered this series on DVD from Amazon, but they're not shipping until June.  How did you score a copy of this?  I'm assuming this is the John Barton series...I've been waiting for this for a long time.  I have the book from the series.

Yes, it's the new DVD of the Barton series, which will street in June.  I got a review copy for my reviewing gig.  They usually don't have the Acorn product go live this early, but my editor already posted my review (he may not have realized that Athena, the label of record, is a boutique label of Acorn):

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/37019/playing-shakespeare/

Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #251 on: April 22, 2009, 09:27:49 PM »

I got two other Athena releases, both of which are so far exceedingly good.  I have the BD of the Ted Koppel China documentary THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CAPITALISM and the early 2000s series THE ADVENTURE OF ENGLISH.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #252 on: April 22, 2009, 09:47:35 PM »

Well, I have another sort of early morning tomorrow/later today. They're doing a walk-thru of the Dock Street Theatre at 9:00, and I definitely want to see what the still-in-progress renovations look like. So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: April 22, 2009, 10:53:52 PM »

Interesting and odd casting for Guys and Dolls - probably the first ever production where the Hot Box "Girls" will all be close to sixty years old.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #254 on: April 22, 2009, 11:20:09 PM »

Good night.

Happy Thursday.

Good vibes to all.

House of Flowers, ordered.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up