Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEASE, DON'T SQUEEZE THE CHARMIN  (Read 16487 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
PLEASE, DON'T SQUEEZE THE CHARMIN
« on: May 04, 2009, 12:02:09 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you didn't squeeze the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - that's a some spicy meatball - that's the cow's favorite commercial.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: PLEASE, DON'T SQUEEZE THE CHARMIN
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:03:35 AM »

And the word of the day is: MYRMECOLOGY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 01:19:27 AM »

BK, your commercial history is very interesting.  I've always thought that it would be cool to be an actor in commercial.  Never having been in that situation of course, I have no idea of the reality of it all.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:38:36 AM »

Has anyone seen THIS commercial for Dex phone books?  The actor playing the son has also been in a Progressive Insurance commercial and another commercial where he's holding a baby, and he was on a few episodes of a TV series where he had a speech impediment (for comedic effect) but I don't remember what the show was.  Anyway, I think he looks like a very young BK!  Does anyone else think so?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:06:26 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 02:08:04 AM »

I just remembered the TV show that he was on!  It was "The Big Bang Theory" and the actor is John Ross Bowie...and he's about 10 years older than I thought he was!  I didn't realize that he's going to be 38 years old this month.  He does not look it. ;) And in his IMDb listing, someone posted this link to the Turbo Tax commercial that he did...the commercial where he's holding a baby.

Now, I can sleep. ;D

DAW

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 02:30:15 AM »

I think he looks like a very young BK!  Does anyone else think so?

He does seem to have a "bk-ish" quality!     :)

DAW

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 02:30:41 AM »

Today's notes were fascinating, bk!

DAW

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 02:31:31 AM »

DR vixmom - thank you.  I think my only appearances on YouTube involve a lampshade.

DAW

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 02:32:16 AM »

Joni Mitchell - For Free

Ben

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 03:31:48 AM »

Morning, Laura.

I'm about to head out to the office.

It's drizzling and cool. The weather for Mr. BK's arrival does not look pretty.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 05:18:15 AM »

And the word of the day is: MYRMECOLOGY!

And The Song Of The Day Is: THE FOLKS WHO LIVE ON THE HILL

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 05:26:11 AM »

UP WITH THE LARK

A Wonderful Jerome Kern Melody

Outside of Walter Brennan singing this song in the Movie Centennial Summer does anyone out there know if the song was ever recorded with The Lyrics.?? Bill Evans and Barbara Carroll recorded the song as an instrumental. Jonathan Schwartz,who is pretty good at recalling the history of songs does not believe so. But this Board is so brilliant with questions like this. Any Answers?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 05:39:09 AM »

Joni Mitchell - For Free

Mmmm...I love Joni Mitchell.

Thanks, DR DAW.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 06:07:37 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  We had a busy day in greater Cincinnati yesterday, starting with church.  After the service there was a short meeting that ran too long, then Richard and I headed to northern Kentucky to tend to some details regarding Saturday's ceremony in which he will become a deacon and the surrounding festivities.  We then drove out to look at the piece of property that was discussed at the "short" meeting, stopped at the grocery store, and arrived home about 6:15 just as Rob and Mary Linda were arriving from their weekend at her family's home in Michigan.  We fed them some pizza and Rob & Richard moved the china cabinet from one end of the dining room to the other.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 06:08:06 AM »

Has anyone seen THIS commercial for Dex phone books?  The actor playing the son has also been in a Progressive Insurance commercial and another commercial where he's holding a baby, and he was on a few episodes of a TV series where he had a speech impediment (for comedic effect) but I don't remember what the show was.  Anyway, I think he looks like a very young BK!  Does anyone else think so?

Good morning, all! Sorry, DR George, I don't see it. My last memory of seeing BK in a commercial is him sitting in the drivers' seat of a new car. Mid-1980s, maybe?

First thing today, the barber, then the psot office, Penn Station to pick up my Amtrak tickets for DC tomorrow, then Toyland, and back here for soem work. I leave tomorrow morning for DC and I do not want to wait in a long line for the train ticket while I'm wondering if I will miss the train. My barber is in Rockefeller Center, so I'll run down to the post office there and send off the Moross corrections. head over to Pen Station and wait in line, then walk the seven blocks to Toyland.

Weird dreams last night, one about bed bugs, and one about being lost in the DC Metro system.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:10:14 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 06:18:01 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I have a little under 12 hours left in Chicago...  And even if I spent the next 12 hours sitting in the Corner Bakery, having breakfast (then lunch, then dinner), taking advantage of the free WiFi (like I am now), I would still have had a wonderful time here in Chicago.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 06:19:40 AM »

DR TCB - On the loss of your role model and mentor... {{{{{TOM}}}}} And, just remember, now he'll be watching over you. And probably always has in one way or another.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 06:21:13 AM »

A clarification from yesterday:

"Monkey" is just "Monkey".  Just like "Cher" is "Cher, and "Madonna" is "Madonna". ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 06:24:00 AM »

DR ArnoldMBrockman - When you asked, "And what is his name?", I guess I was reading a bit more into your question than you had intended.  -Or something like that.

The past few days in Chicago - coupled with my time in Charleston - have been very inspiring, motivating and renewing.  There have been some wonderful moments over the past couple of days which have reminded me, "Jose", what I have been, what I am, and what I could be and should be.

So many possibilities.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 06:25:54 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

The only that comes to my mind right now is...

"Where's the beef?"
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 06:26:13 AM »

OH!!!  and...

"I've fallen, and I can't get up!"

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 06:27:25 AM »

I know it's considered by some cynics to be a cheesy song, but a song that does come to mind and have resonance at times in my life when I feel I've gotten in touch with myself is that song sung by "Charlene":

I've been to paradise
But I've never been to me

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 06:28:08 AM »

DR ArnoldMBrockman - When you asked, "And what is his name?", I guess I was reading a bit more into your question than you had intended.  -Or something like that.

The past few days in Chicago - coupled with my time in Charleston - have been very inspiring, motivating and renewing.  There have been some wonderful moments over the past couple of days which have reminded me, "Jose", what I have been, what I am, and what I could be and should be.

So many possibilities.

I'm Very Happy For You!

MAY YOU and MONKEY HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY HOME

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 06:30:20 AM »

So many possibilities.

I'm Very Happy For You!

MAY YOU and MONKEY HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY HOME

I'm very happy for myself too. -Which, in all honesty, is something I haven't felt about myself in a long while. Much longer than I realized.

And Thank You.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 06:31:07 AM »

I know it's considered by some cynics to be a cheesy song, but a song that does come to mind and have resonance at times in my life when I feel I've gotten in touch with myself is that song sung by "Charlene":

I've been to paradise
But I've never been to me

There was a time when I used to know that whole lyric by heart.  Yes, I had it memorized, but, of course, that didn't mean I understand (most of) it. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 06:33:35 AM »

Bottom of page one "Charlene - I've Never Been to Me" dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMDKDAfnNFs

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 06:35:43 AM »

So, I have about 12 hours left here in Chicago. I actually think I'm going to head back to Millenium Park for a bit, and take some more pictures around "The Bean".  And since the Art Institute is open today - I thought it was closed on Mondays - I may even head back there and check out the couple of galleries I did not get to on Friday.

Otherwise, I just sort of plan to wander around for the day, and it looks like it's going to be another beautiful day weather-wise!  -I really did luck out this weekend, considering they had two weeks straight of gray and rain right before I arrived. (And I missed the rain yesterday in NYC. ;) )

I rode in with my friend, David - he has to be in the office by 7:45 - and we'll be heading out for one more dinner before he drops me off at Chicago's Union Station for my train ride back home tonight.  The Lake Shore Limited leaves at 9:00pm, and I'll be back in NYC sometime tomorrow afternoon.  -And, again, I really do wish that most of the trip along the Great Lakes took place during the day - I'm sure the scenery would be stunning if I could see it.  However, the trip back down the Hudson should be nice too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 06:37:11 AM »

DR Michael S - So, were you hoping to link to that video clip to DR elmore's website?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 06:38:18 AM »

DR DAW - Have a wonderful time at Merkin Concert Hall tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 06:38:54 AM »

DR FJL - I believe the proper "title" was "Legally Boned".

::)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up