Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: LITTLE WIENERS WRAPPED IN DOUGH  (Read 12874 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re: LITTLE WIENERS WRAPPED IN DOUGH
« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2009, 08:01:15 PM »

Time for me to call a halt, too.  Der B and I have dined on chili, and I've a stressful week coming up (the books are being audited, *bleh*), so the more rest I get now the better.

Hasta.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #241 on: May 09, 2009, 08:02:07 PM »

Oooh, page 9 dance!

Cha Cha Cha
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: May 09, 2009, 08:03:10 PM »

My day was peculiar: I got back from seeing Rodney Gilfry to find a phone invitation from goddaughter Charlotte to see a movie. We saw OBSERVE AND REPORT with Seth Rogen and Charlotte's godmother Celia Weston as his drunken mother. A truly off-kiltre film, I liked it very much. I didn't know where it would go and it reminded me a lot of TAXI DRIVER in its theme of alienation. During the movie, Charlotte's purse was rifled through and her cell phone, iPod, and cash stolen. We spent time with the police after the film, then headed to Verizon to report the theft. Ron and dona joined us at the Verizon store. It was fun.

That's horrible!   How did that happen?  Had she set the purse down somewhere?

I always keep my purse on my lap, not out of fear of theft but that I will forget it or something. 

VIBES SOMETHING IS FOUND!

I keep mine on my lap because god only knows what ends up on the floor of a movie theater

Kerry

« Reply #243 on: May 09, 2009, 08:53:17 PM »

I cut a big bunch of lilacs off of one of the few bushes I didn't cut down a couple weeks ago. My living room now smells wonderful!
I envy you that, Priscilla.  I love lilacs and wish they grew here.
I like boat races.

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: May 09, 2009, 09:07:36 PM »

I cut a big bunch of lilacs off of one of the few bushes I didn't cut down a couple weeks ago. My living room now smells wonderful!
I envy you that, Priscilla.  I love lilacs and wish they grew here.

There are tons of them this year.  I love the scent.  I will say I envy you the sent of orange blossoms.  It was one of my favorite things about living in Phoenix

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: May 09, 2009, 09:08:35 PM »

Better go to sleep.  I have to get up early for the big Komen Race for the Cure.  Night all

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #246 on: May 09, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »

Well, elmore, dear, I wasn't actually speaking of the get-together.  You know, I was and am here an entire weekend.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #247 on: May 09, 2009, 09:44:34 PM »

Why does Ghost Whisperer keep going over? At least here it was not marked in the listings. I had to go to a lot of trouble to catch the end (which i thought of skipping but i'm glad i didn't).

This week's episode was marked as lasting until 9:02 in my cable guide. I saw the entire show but the previews got snipped a tiny bit at the end.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2009, 09:46:22 PM »

What a warm evening it's been. Thank goodness they had th airconditioner on at the theater. It would have been very miserable without it. It was a sold out house, so it was very close in the theater.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: May 09, 2009, 09:46:52 PM »

Back from the show and a long night at Joe Allen.  The show, which I will not dwell on in the notes, was fine - the singer got nervous and her timing was off, she forgot a lyric on her opening number and why?  Because she was so busy waving and pointing at people she knew in the audience that the entire point of the number was lost and it all became amateur and silly and more about the audience than the singer.  She was in good voice, but her head was not where it should have been - when she stuck to what we'd done it was fine - when she veered it was painful.  At one point her head was so far not where it should have been that she jumped a number.  She also drank water after every single number - a total crutch - at every run-through we've had she has not taken one drink of water, let alone fourteen.  She dropped many lines, blew laughs, actually stopped in the middle of a very fast and complicated patter song to point out Jason Graae (embarrassing - the pianist literally had to stop till she could figure out how to get back on track), and on and on.  Also, we placed the stool so that she would never have to move it - we lit it and all she had to do was take a step backwards and sit.  So, what did she do - because her head was basically on another planet, she moved the stool - out of the light - into darkness - then she looks at me and says "am I out of the light?  Where should I move the stool?"  I tell her.  She still is half in and half out of the light, which she was for the entire show because she didn't look at her BIG spike mark and kept standing way to the left of it.  Her friends and family loved her and I'm sure she'll come away thinking she was brilliant.  Hopefully, she won't be asking me for my thoughts, because if she does she'll be getting them.  She's a very self-destructive performer - constant shooting herself in the foot.  And all because she can't focus and concentrate and do what we rehearsed.  It's a really cute and good act, and I fear she will never get it right, and after last night, I'm not going to be along for this ride anymore.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #250 on: May 09, 2009, 09:47:16 PM »

Joe Allen was grand fun - I'll talk about THAT in the notes.

Matt H.

« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2009, 09:48:42 PM »

THE FULL MONTY has always been a fun show, and this production I saw tonight had many professional things about it and some other things that clearly made it community theater. I certainly couldn't fault the casting of the pricipal males. The show's score is notoriously tricky and high, and I wondered if they could find actors talented enough to negotiate it. No problems in that regard at all.

Matt H.

« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2009, 09:51:09 PM »

I was disappointed a bit in the choreography, and some of the sets were ticky-tack. But overall, it was a good community theater production.

Matt H.

« Reply #253 on: May 09, 2009, 09:52:32 PM »

Since best friend John was part of the cast and I knew several others in the company, I had some folks back to the house for drinks after the show.

I made a mean batch of margaritas if I do say so myself. We had a good time laughing over the evening's performance, both the good and the not so great.

Matt H.

« Reply #254 on: May 09, 2009, 09:53:21 PM »

But it's been a long day, so I need to head downstairs to bed now.

Good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: May 09, 2009, 09:54:08 PM »

Here's a photograph of Miss Pat Suzuki, my very own self, and Walter Willison.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up