Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A HAZE OF A DAZE  (Read 14036 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: A HAZE OF A DAZE
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2009, 10:56:16 AM »

*And, yes, my Ate Odie turned 70-years old yesterday.  She's living proof that "Beige don't age".  ;)

Your aunt looks at least 10 years younger.

Jane

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2009, 10:59:25 AM »

DR Jane - If you ever make it to the Philippines, I'm pretty sure you'd love the lunch at Sonya's Garden.  They serve a set lunch/dinner. The first course is a salad.  They set down a bowl of romaine lettuce, and a bowls filled with different toppings: apples, mangoes, soy nuts, jicama, chopped boiled eggs, etc.  You compose your own salad.  A basket of bread is also set down along with various dipping sauces and flavored oils.  The entree is served the same way: a bowl of linguini, served with caponata, ratatouille, a cheese-sauce with chicken and mango, olives, capers.  And the dessert consists of a slice of chocolate cake, turon (banana and jackfruit fritters), and caramelized sweet potatoes.  To drink, the meal starts off with dalandan (green mandarin orange) juice, and finishes with a surprisingly refreshing cup of tarragon tea.

All the vegetables, herbs and spices are grown on the property; and all the breads and baked goods are also baked on the premises.  *And the whole meal only cost P610 - or $13US!

$13!!  I'm ready to go, if nothing else for the caramelized sweet potatoes.  Your scenic photos are beautiful & I would love to visit there.

Jane

« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2009, 11:00:52 AM »

I actually liked the 2nd MEDIUM a lot more than this week's MENTALIST. I do like THE MENTALIST a lot. But i find some weeks are much stronger than others.  I find i almost always love MEDIUM.

Well, MEDIUM has had five years to get its act together. THE MENTALIST is a first year show still feeling out what it's going to be in terms of story, tone.

This season, especially the last half of it, has been excellent.

Miss Karen

« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2009, 11:01:59 AM »

Ask BK TOD:

By your notes and posts, it's obvious you love it all, but I was wondering of all the things you have done and do in the industry, what is your absolute favorite thing to do -- what is the most fun/creatively challenging/joy inducing -- like if you could only do one thing what would it be? (sitting at the piano composing a song, writing your books, writing a script, directing a movie, directing a musical, developing a cabaret show, acting, producing, etc., etc., etc.?)

And of all the things you've done, what was the most fun?

And of all the things you've done, what are you most proud of (your daughter is a given, I mean business/career wise)?

Jane

« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »

DR Amy I regret to say you can't make your avatar larger.  So we can see how lovely you are post your photo at the regular size.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2009, 11:05:38 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR La Jolie Femme!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »

And, yes, I did go zip-lining!

And so did my Auntie Odie!

Oh, and so did Monkey! ;D

Zip lining always looks like its fun--I've been wanting to do it since I saw it on the first ever episode of THE AMAZIN RACE.

I hope you took pics--or maybe video?

Funny you should ask, DR Dan (The Man)...

You can't see me in the harness, but you see what I saw... As well as hear that I've apparently started picking up the Filipino accent over the past few days... ;)

WHOA!!!!!!!  WHEEEEE!!!!!

Weeeeee, indeed!

I think Monkey's eyes were popping out of his head the way you had that white knuckle grip on him in the second vid lol!

It's a gracious wonder he didn't squeeze Monkey's stuffin's out!    :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2009, 11:12:45 AM »

And here's another pic of the place we're staying, Serendra.  Beautiful fleurs de lune and a pretty nice pool too.  ;)

Are said fleurs de lune members of the hollyhock family per chance?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2009, 11:14:54 AM »

Looks like the final two IDOL candidates is going to go down to the wire. I have to say I'm not surprised. No one went down in flames last night, so each guy's fan base was basically going to determine the final placement.

I guess anything can happen. But i just can't see it being anything but adam vs danny. As long as adam is in the finals i don't care. And i agree with what simon said. You can't assume anyone is safe (although with 3 left, would people really do that?).

Well, I wouldn't think so, but with Kara saying "you're in the finals" and Paula calling Adam "the American Idol" and Simon saying "You'll be in the finals," some people might have thought it was a certainty.

I recall similar comments being made during final 3 competitions to Melinda Doolittle (Mindy-Doo") and to Elliot Yamin.

Ben

« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2009, 11:15:59 AM »

DR Amy I regret to say you can't make your avatar larger.  So we can see how lovely you are post your photo at the regular size.

Amy, as Jane said, you can't enlarge your picture. There are some full size avatars in the picture file but they were there before the software upgrade. Any picture added after that point will not be full size no matter what you do. It's some technical glitch that can't be fixed without upgrading to completely new software. You joined the site after the software change so there is nothing to be done about picture size.

Sorry  :-\

Jane

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2009, 11:26:49 AM »

Bruce congratulations on your new Samsung LED!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2009, 11:32:16 AM »

Ask BK TOD:

By your notes and posts, it's obvious you love it all, but I was wondering of all the things you have done and do in the industry, what is your absolute favorite thing to do -- what is the most fun/creatively challenging/joy inducing -- like if you could only do one thing what would it be? (sitting at the piano composing a song, writing your books, writing a script, directing a movie, directing a musical, developing a cabaret show, acting, producing, etc., etc., etc.?)

And of all the things you've done, what was the most fun?

And of all the things you've done, what are you most proud of (your daughter is a given, I mean business/career wise)?

I DO love it all - and each has their pleasures.  I won't see it's always the most fun, but certainly the most creatively fulfilling is writing the books.  There's just nothing like it, really.  But I love directing, writing songs, producing albums.

Aside from the Darling Daughter, I think the my proudest moment creatively has been writing and actually finishing Benjamin Kritzer.  I cannot tell you, hard as I might try, the feeling when I finished that book.  I have never experienced anything like it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2009, 11:32:26 AM »

Back from the long jog.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2009, 11:32:36 AM »

Can someone tell Amy about photo size?

Ben

« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2009, 11:34:51 AM »

Two people have answered her and it can't be done. She joined after the software upgrade and there is no way she can have a larger avatar. The large avatar were all in the system before the change. Anything added after is sized small and cannot be increased.

Amy

« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2009, 11:41:43 AM »

Thank you Ben and Jane! Well, you know what they say - you snooze, you lose. On the other hand, such a tiny picture won't show any wrinkles.  :)

And, Ben, I think you were the one who explained the box-folding question, so thank you for that too.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »

DR Amy I wasn't joking about posting a large photo so we can see your lovely face.

Amy

« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »

I didn't think you were joking, Jane, but I'm at work now and all photos are on my home computer. The avatar photo is 11 years old anyway. I'll see what I can come up with tonight.

Amy

« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2009, 12:16:35 PM »

In reality, I look about the same age as "Ate Odie".

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2009, 12:33:21 PM »

I went ahead decided to zip-line back to the other side instead of taking the cable car or walking back... And I had a guest for the return trip:

FLYING MONKEY!!!

;D :D ;D :D

That's HYSTERICAL!! :D :D

I love all the pictures, Jose!  Keep 'em comin'!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2009, 12:35:47 PM »

And congrats on the 40,001 posts!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2009, 12:53:32 PM »

I didn't think you were joking, Jane, but I'm at work now and all photos are on my home computer. The avatar photo is 11 years old anyway. I'll see what I can come up with tonight.

That is about how old my avatar is. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2009, 01:00:06 PM »

Old TV has been moved to the garage and am awaiting delivery of new TV.  I'm hoping they'll be on time.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2009, 01:14:39 PM »

SPOILAGE

Check out this video capsule link for this season's FINALE and best scenes of season from "Lost".

Spoilage Endeth

Jane

« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2009, 01:17:47 PM »

I went for a walk in the yard & this is what I saw.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2009, 01:18:25 PM »

I believe we've gone over before that the new software doesn't support avatars of larger sizes. Those of us who have larger avatars had them in place before the software was changed.

Note: I see DRs Jane and Ben have already addressed the issue. Can't be done. At least not presently.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 01:21:45 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2009, 01:20:58 PM »

I went for a walk in the yard & this is what I saw.

So.....Wild Turkey just grows out in your yard, eh!??!

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2009, 01:22:49 PM »

I watched last night's RESCUE ME while I ate lunch. Good episode with a good new plot line for Probies Sean and Mike.

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2009, 01:23:48 PM »

Next I watched the remaining bonus features for STAR TREK II. Some new ones to the set were in HD, but most were older bonuses ported over from the Collector's Edition DVD sets.

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »

Then, I started on the bonus features with STAR TREK III. I still have three featurettes to watch and then some stills galleries and storyboard galleries and a theatrical trailer, I think.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up