Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO APPROACH A PROBLEM  (Read 22137 times)

DAW

Re: THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO APPROACH A PROBLEM
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2009, 01:42:17 PM »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2009, 01:57:43 PM »

I must tend to some writing now, and then I'll head downstairs to finish up the LOST - Season 1 set.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DAW

« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2009, 02:06:11 PM »

I love Kathy Griffin! ;D

And she loves you!

George

« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2009, 02:06:50 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2009, 02:30:23 PM »

I liked the photo of Anne Hathaway, but a quick comb through her hair before the pic was snapped might have been nice.

However, a lot of ladies seem to like that touseled look. I don't like it.

I'm with you, MattH. I commented to my hairdresser once that so many people today look like they have dirty hair. She informed me that it had been freshly washed, but then a special gel was applied to give them that look. Personally, I don't care for the "just got up" look. And, yes, I've seen much prettier pics of Anne Hathaway.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2009, 02:30:49 PM »

Off to do errands.

TTFN.

Ginny

« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2009, 02:48:08 PM »

Thursday afternoon greetings!  I've been out at my Mom's all day.  Shaker Cellar is open on Thursdays, it's kind of Otterbein Retirement Community's oldest, established, permanent, floating garage sale.  I'm looking for some pieces to accompany our "new" living room couch, but didn't find anything today.  What I did find, for a dollar, is a copy of the New Broadway Cast Recording of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, the one with Roger Bart, Kristin Chenoweth, and B. D. Wong.

Then, after lunch and a couple of errands, Mom and I had an appointment for her to talk to the marketing people about moving to an apartment in the Campus Center.  There aren't any available right now in her price range, but she's on the list.  She loves her patio home, but this winter found it very isolating.  We could have a major downsizing sometime before too long.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2009, 02:55:38 PM »

New Yorkers:  We are looking for advice on getting from Midtown to Schenectady (Scotia, actually) for an 11am Monday ordination of one of Richard's seminary classmates.  My quick look at Amtrak indicated that the earliest train is 7:15, with a 10:30 arrival and that's cutting it too close.  Any suggestions?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2009, 03:09:40 PM »

I thought the picture of anne hathaway was fine. It wasn't my favorite picture of her. But i think it was nice enough.

Jennifer

« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2009, 03:12:15 PM »

Did anybody watch last night's SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE?

I thought it was pretty good. Lots of great dances. Not sure who my favorites are yet. But i did love ballet melissa's dance. and the last one with kayla and max. And broadway evan and randi were good too.

For DR MBARNUM is here last night's Bollywood number with caitlin and jason. Which was also very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2iK_5t8Gxk

Jennifer

« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »

Here are the other SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE numbers i liked:

Evan and randi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7WSLCS1p8E

max and kayla:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5U8FTSSf9s

And this one was probably my favorite ade and melissa:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxU1dOYCz9A

Jennifer

« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2009, 03:21:56 PM »

BK have you tried to talk to some of the higher-ups about your theatre problem? AT the very least the guy should be giving you back some of your money.

You paid to use the theatre. If he is blocking your use of the space then it is HIS responsibility to inform you! I don't get mad at people that often. But i would love to tell this guy off!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »

New Yorkers:  We are looking for advice on getting from Midtown to Schenectady (Scotia, actually) for an 11am Monday ordination of one of Richard's seminary classmates.  My quick look at Amtrak indicated that the earliest train is 7:15, with a 10:30 arrival and that's cutting it too close.  Any suggestions?

Go the night before and stay over.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2009, 03:30:18 PM »

I slept extremely poorly last night and I have been dozing most of the afternoon. I suspect I'll be in bed by 9 tonight.  Tomorrow, I've got an early meeting in Toyland, and I'm hoping I get a call to come and pick up a check for the Act Two MOST HAPPY FELLA work; I need to de[posit it to pay my estimated taxes on Monday.

I could use a lot of vibes!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Miss Karen

« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2009, 03:33:41 PM »

Question for DR MattH (or anyone):

There was a Q&A brief about an actor named Gardner McKay in American Profile (a mag in our local newspaper) and a show he did in the late 50s, early 60s called Adventures in Paradise. It made me wonder:

What TV shows are still available in some type of format for viewing -- just newer shows and the popular shows of the past, or all shows? I mean, are all old shows available -- or are many old TV shows "lost" for good?

Like, if someone wanted to watch an old show, like McKay's, is it even available to the public these days?

George

« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »

And now for something completely different...Chastity Bono announces sex change.

Discuss.

Miss Karen

« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2009, 03:41:34 PM »

I slept extremely poorly last night and I have been dozing most of the afternoon. I suspect I'll be in bed by 9 tonight.  Tomorrow, I've got an early meeting in Toyland, and I'm hoping I get a call to come and pick up a check for the Act Two MOST HAPPY FELLA work; I need to de[posit it to pay my estimated taxes on Monday.

I could use a lot of vibes!

A lot of vibes to DR ELmo!

AND -- "May You Sleep Like A Baby Tonight" vibes, too!

Miss Karen

« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2009, 03:44:09 PM »

AND "May You Get A Call that the Check is Ready" Vibes, too!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2009, 03:45:58 PM »

Apparently I was the only one locked out of HHW this morning between 5:00 and 6:00 Pacific Time?  Hmm, guess I can take a hint.

Thank you one and all for the hugs and vibes and sympathy about Jedi.  I guess it just wasn't meant to be.  That means the perfect kitty for Nicky and me is out there somewhere.  Thanks again.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2009, 03:50:08 PM »

~~~Comfort and Perfect-Kitty-Finding Vibes for DR TCB!!~~~

Laura

« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2009, 03:50:50 PM »

There's LOTS of perfect kitties out there right now, TCB.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2009, 03:51:33 PM »

DR JRand - Did your niece see any shows while she was in town?  -And my apologies if you mentioned that already.

They were in the city to see Nine Inch Nails.

Is that the new Jerry Herman musical?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2009, 03:53:59 PM »

I didn't have anything to say yesterday, and I have nothing to say today, either.

Laryngitis?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2009, 03:56:42 PM »

Questions from the box office yesterday - along with my answers.

Q.  I need two tickets for Friday night.

A.  Friday night is sold out.  I don't have any tickets available.

Q.  Do you have any tickets for Sunday?

A.  We close on Saturday night.

Q. Do you have any tickets for Sunday?

A.  I have 198 tickets for Sunday, but I don't have a show.

Q.  Click

;D ;D 
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2009, 03:58:42 PM »

On the O'Reilly Factor, Bill and Dennis Miller were discussing the story about the gay penguins in the German Zoo, and the plan to import Lesbian penguins to try and "straighten" things out.

Yes, I believe adding a couple of lesbian penguins will straighten out the gay males.

Oh, yes.  Proven therapy.  Ask the religious right.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2009, 03:59:30 PM »

YEAH!

I just picked up tickets to Twelfth Night in Central Park tonight via the Public Theatre Virtual Line! Of course, rain and thunderstorms are forecasted for tonight, but, still.. :)

Who is in this TWELFTH NIGHT?  Is this with Anne Hathaway?

Yes, Anne Hathaway is playing Viola.

Here's a cut-and-paste from Playbill.com:

"In Shakespeare's cross-dressing tale of mistaken identity, Hathaway ("Rachel Getting Married") stars as Viola with Stark Sands (Journey's End) as her twin brother Sebastian, who both wash ashore on the mysterious land of Illyria following a shipwreck.

Twelfth Night also features four-time Tony winner Audra McDonald(110 in the Shade, Master Class, Ragtime) as Olivia, Tony-winning actress Julie White (The Little Dog Laughed) as Maria, three-time Tony nominee Raúl Esparza (Company, Speed-the-Plow) as Orsino, two-time Tony nominee David Pittu (What's That Smell?) as Feste, Michael Cumpsty (Sunday in the Park with George) as Malvolio, Hamish Linklater (The Busy World Is Hushed) as Sir Andrew Aguecheek, Jay O. Sanders (Midsummer Night's Dream) as Sir Toby Belch, Herb Foster (A Midsummer Night's Dream) as Valentine, Kevin Kelly (Much Ado About Nothing) as Sea Captain, Baylen Thomas (Cyrano de Bergerac) as Curio and Jon Patrick Walker (Young Frankenstein) as Fabian.

Completing the ensemble are Charles Borland, Andrew Crowe, Steve Curtis, Clifton Duncan, David Kenner, Leslie Harrison, Slate Holmgren, Christopher Layer, Robin LeMon, Dorien Makhloghi, Ray Rizzo, Julie Sharbutt and Zach Villa."

If the performance is rained out, maybe you can take Raúl Esparza out for a drink......... or home to see your etchings?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2009, 04:00:55 PM »

Hmm.. The picture of Anne Hathaway that accompanies the Playbill.com article is... well... is sort of "strange"... well... not that flattering... at least to my eyes...

You are gay!
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2009, 04:01:57 PM »

Question for DR MattH (or anyone):

There was a Q&A brief about an actor named Gardner McKay in American Profile (a mag in our local newspaper) and a show he did in the late 50s, early 60s called Adventures in Paradise. It made me wonder:

What TV shows are still available in some type of format for viewing -- just newer shows and the popular shows of the past, or all shows? I mean, are all old shows available -- or are many old TV shows "lost" for good?

Like, if someone wanted to watch an old show, like McKay's, is it even available to the public these days?

I have every episode of "Adventures in Paradise", albeit from marginal source material.  Ditto "Peyton Place" the TV series, which I never thought would be issued "commercially" from master source material.  Oh, well.

I'd love pristine copies of "Adventures in Paradise", but I find it enjoyable on the DVD-Rs I bought, nevertheless.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2009, 04:02:11 PM »

That seems to confirm that when your number is up, your number is up!

She should have changed numbers.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up