Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO APPROACH A PROBLEM  (Read 22077 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO APPROACH A PROBLEM
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2009, 05:30:29 PM »

I cannot believe you just said that

One might say that about many posts here at HHW.    Mine included!       :D

Oh I got over being shocked by what you post a long time ago.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:40:03 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »

DAW, I am curious what you think, as a married gay male, about the news regrding Chasty Chastity (boy you can tell that I never learned the word chastity) Bono?  Now, I certainly believe that everyone has the right to do what makes them happy (as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else), but she has been one of the loudest advocates of gays right to marry.  So, with this decision is she saying, the struggle is too big a hassle, I'll just switch sexes and it will be easier?

I am not being judgemental (I hope), but I am curious.
“One thing’s universal,

Miss Karen

« Reply #212 on: June 11, 2009, 05:40:45 PM »

According to the ever reliable Wikipedia, Gardner McKay has been dead for 8 years.  When exactly did you read this article, Karen?  ;)

Today (Really! I kid you not). The person asked the columnist to tell them about the actor Gardner McKay. Yep, the answer covered how he passed away in 2001 at the age of 69, how he basically quit acting after the series ended to become a writer -- and he was a film critic in LA -- and for HHW trivia's sake, cause I know you'll all be asking, the name of the boat he sailed around on in the show was called the Tiki. It also said the series was available on DVD and video -- which is what made me wonder if any/all  TV shows can be found or if there are old ones that are basically lost forever.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2009, 05:45:15 PM »

According to the ever reliable Wikipedia, Gardner McKay has been dead for 8 years.  When exactly did you read this article, Karen?  ;)

Today (Really! I kid you not). The person asked the columnist to tell them about the actor Gardner McKay. Yep, the answer covered how he passed away in 2001 at the age of 69, how he basically quit acting after the series ended to become a writer -- and he was a film critic in LA -- and for HHW trivia's sake, cause I know you'll all be asking, the name of the boat he sailed around on in the show was called the Tiki. It also said the series was available on DVD and video -- which is what made me wonder if any/all  TV shows can be found or if there are old ones that are basically lost forever.

I remember the boat was called the Tiki.  I never missed an epsiode of that show.
“One thing’s universal,

Miss Karen

« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2009, 05:45:30 PM »

I cannot believe you just said that

One might say that about many posts here at HHW.    Mine included!       :D

Oh I got over being shocked by what you post a long time ago.   ;)

I haven't -- hence my letter to the HHW censors (plus the petition you'll find circulating) ...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2009, 05:48:46 PM »

I remember the boat was called the Tiki.  I never missed an epsiode of that show.

Gardner McKay also wrote the very fine play, SEA MARKS.
“One thing’s universal,

Miss Karen

« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2009, 05:49:31 PM »

...plus a request to Guy Haines for compensation for all the therapy it's taken and will take to deal with those posts ....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2009, 05:52:29 PM »

Another potential topic:

If you could bring back one classic television show for another season of episodes, which would it be and why?

"Quark"

;)

I cannot believe you just said that, George!

:-*
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #218 on: June 11, 2009, 05:53:13 PM »

I am certianly not an expert, but I think that most series, except those recorded on Kinescope, should still be available.  There certainly seem to be enough to keep a couple of networks in business.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #219 on: June 11, 2009, 05:53:50 PM »

Well, it's time for me to head to rehearsal.  I have a Quiznos coupon, so I'll go there for dinner first. 

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #220 on: June 11, 2009, 05:55:01 PM »

...plus a request to Guy Haines for compensation for all the therapy it's taken and will take to deal with those posts ....

And Miss Karen, what about all the abandonment issues we face with your constant comings and goings?
“One thing’s universal,

Miss Karen

« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2009, 06:00:15 PM »

Oh, because I know you're all wondering about this, too, someone in that same column asked about who "played" Alf :

Created and controlled by Paul Fusco, with assistance from two other puppeteers. When Alf walked, stood, or ran, it was the 2-foot-nine Hungarian actor Michu Meszaros, who once toured with Ringling Bros and Barnum and Bailey as "The Shortest Man in the World," in an Alf costume.

Miss Karen

« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2009, 06:02:22 PM »

And Miss Karen, what about all the abandonment issues we face with your constant comings and goings?

I've asked Mr. Haines to address those, too (it's all covered in that same petition that is making the rounds)

Miss Karen

« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2009, 06:03:54 PM »

Well, it's time for me to head to rehearsal.  I have a Quiznos coupon, so I'll go there for dinner first. 

Until later!

Good rehearsal vibes  -- and Enjoy that Quiznos vibes DR Jorge (man, I'm on a vibe kick today)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: June 11, 2009, 06:05:31 PM »

Gardner McKay! I haven't thought about him in 40 years.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2009, 06:06:04 PM »

DAW, I am curious what you think, as a married gay male, about the news regrding Chasty Chastity (boy you can tell that I never learned the word chastity) Bono?  Now, I certainly believe that everyone has the right to do what makes them happy (as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else), but she has been one of the loudest advocates of gays right to marry.  So, with this decision is she saying, the struggle is too big a hassle, I'll just switch sexes and it will be easier?

I find your question interesting as I was thinking the change will make it more difficult for her, aside from the discomfort of surgery, the publicity, etc.  There is the dating question, it has got to be a lot more difficult to find a women partner after the change.  Maybe she already has someone who supports her decision.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2009, 06:07:21 PM »

I have, but only at night!
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »

DR Miss Karen, a good many vintage TV shows thata have not yet made it to official release can be found on gray market DVDs, however there are many that are seemingly nowplace....Allison Haye's series ACAPULCO for one.

Even if the show is nowhere to be found at present, there are 16 mm reels someplace, somewhere.

Live TV of course, is another monkey.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2009, 06:09:25 PM »

I find your question interesting as I was thinking the change will make it more difficult for her, aside from the discomfort of surgery, the publicity, etc.  There is the dating question, it has got to be a lot more difficult to find a women partner after the change.  Maybe she already has someone who supports her decision.

I was under the impression that she had been in a committed relationship for several years.  I should shut up, because I really don't know and it isn't any of my business.  As I said, I was just curious.
“One thing’s universal,

Miss Karen

« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2009, 06:15:06 PM »

What about Alf?

MBarnum

« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2009, 06:19:56 PM »

And speaking of Gardner McKay, here is the TV Guide he autographed from me, and the note he sent.

The TV Guide article pretty much ripped Mr. Gardner apart as being a no-talent, so I was first worried that he would not want to sign it. Fortunately he did not mind.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2009, 06:20:19 PM »

What about Alf?

No, the vertically challenged, Michu Meszaros.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2009, 06:22:09 PM »

Is this the Bono who's writing the musical version of SPIDERMAN?

MBarnum

« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2009, 06:22:18 PM »

The only episode of ADVENTURES IN PARADISE I have seen is the one in which my interviewee and friend Cal Bolder was in. I enjoyed it very much.

FJL

« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2009, 06:22:42 PM »

DAW - Thanks!

MBarnum

« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2009, 06:22:54 PM »

JRand, let me know what it is you would like recorded and I will do so.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »

Ahhhhhh............ No.

“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »

My Bollywood movie today was the 1976 reincarnation melodrama MEHBOOBA starring Rajesh Khanna and Hema Malina. It was quite good, although Rajesh's 1970s hair was a bit distracting at times.

Miss Karen

« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »

DAW - Thanks!

Now, don't be encouraging him!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »

Ahhhhhh............ No.

That Bono is part of the U2 band...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bono

Chastity is Sonny & Cher's daughter.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up