Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NUDIE REPORT  (Read 15342 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE NUDIE REPORT
« on: June 16, 2009, 01:16:46 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had nudity and reported, and now it is time for you to post until the nude cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE NUDIE REPORT
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 01:19:23 AM »

And the word of the day is: MORTMAIN!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 01:38:16 AM »

Here's to *knock on a lot of wood* being the first day of Nudie Musical without any sort of huge crazy problems. 

Today's problem was with Equity early on in the day, but we got that ironed out pretty quickly actually and we reached a deal that everyone was happy with - and obviously, the show went on.  :)
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 01:46:57 AM »

~~~Continued Leg Breakage Vibes for The First Nudie Musical Reading!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 01:47:53 AM »

From last night:

Congrats to Jose and his getting new roommates!

Congrats to Cillaliz on winning her case!!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 01:49:40 AM »

Well, last night's rehearsal for "Romeo & Juliet" went well.  It was the first night on the set and we only got through probably the first third of act one...which is what the director expected.  Since I'm not in the second third of act one, I (and about eight or so other actors) got to leave early.  A bunch of us went to a local restaurant for a late dinner (and some had drinks...I just had water).  I didn't take a picture of the food, though.  It's a local restaurant/bar and I had "Jenny's PMS Burrito."  That's what it's called!  It's a very large burrito with the standard rice, beans (I chose pinto), sour cream, tomatoes, and the not-so-standard tofu and it was very tasty.  It was big, but I ate the whole thing.  We sat around and chatted for an hour or so and then I came home.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 01:50:10 AM »

Saying "Knock on wood" in re anything Nudie sounds outrageously punny.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 01:50:56 AM »

Saying "Knock on wood" in re anything Nudie sounds outrageously punny.

I'm glad someone gets my sense of humor.  :)
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

George

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 01:51:41 AM »

And now, I've caught up on all the posts.  AND I did receive "God's Little Acre" in the mail!  I'll listen to it at work today.  I also received lovely packages from DRs DAW and Matt H.!  Thank you both for those!! :-* :-* :-* :-*

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 01:54:20 AM »

I'm certain that der B thinks I've got a lot to say about the TOD, but the truth is I usually make rice when I'm sick and tired of potatoes.

That being said, I do make a fairly good risotto.  The trick is to keep stirring.  And to use the right kind of rice (arborio).  And to use really good Parmesan.  The stuff in the green can will never finish off a good risotto.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 01:56:16 AM »

A staple at the Murphy/Cason/Smith Thanksgiving is a rice-cheese-and broccoli casserole that my mom makes that is probably my absolute favorite.  Cream of broccoli soup, actual broccoli, rice, and cheddar cheese spread over the top.  Amazing.  The one thing I always demand be at the holiday table.

George

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 02:00:54 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I like rice, but I don't love it.  I like it most when I order it in Mexican restaurants.  As for "dishes" of rice, I'm not really a fan.  But what's weird is that I don't really like rice pudding.  I like the taste of the pudding, but not the texture with the rice in the pudding.  To me, that's just wrong. :P

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 02:09:38 AM »

I'm going to assume George would also not care to "do the tapioca" (a Thoroughly Modern Millie reference, of course.)

George

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 02:11:54 AM »

I'm going to assume George would also not care to "do the tapioca" (a Thoroughly Modern Millie reference, of course.)

That's part of the "weird"...I LOVE tapioca pudding.  It's my absolute favorite kind.  And I've even gotten some sugar-free tapioca pudding that I really like, too. :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 02:13:39 AM »

It is way too early in the morn to be up, but that's what it'll be like for the rest of the summer, I'm forecasting.  The alarm went off, I looked out the window, and the fireflies were still flashing down towards the branch (small creek) that runs behind the house.  Horny little buggers, I tell you.

Forty-six hours, that's what I'm scheduled for this week.  This is called a part-time job.

DAW

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 02:59:07 AM »

***excellent vibes and xylophones***
for an energetic and wonderful second performance of TFNM!!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 02:59:48 AM »

Great, great news last night from both DRs JoseSPiano and Cillaliz!!!!   :D       I am thrilled for you both.

DAW

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 03:00:13 AM »

And thanks to DRs Sam and Cason for their theatre reportage!!     :)

Ben

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 04:40:41 AM »

I'm back from DC but I will report later. I'm still too busy. I have a presentation from 10-11 and I have to be there at 9:30.

Bye

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 04:59:03 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Overcast and a little cooler here in SW Ohio.  I'm going to spend some time with my Mom today and this evening meet with the committee that's planning the upcoming year's programs for our local AAUW.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 04:59:31 AM »

Glad to have you back, DR Ben!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 05:00:03 AM »

Good morning, all! Roday is another half day with the McGlinnventory. After that, I've several choices of a work project, but I may head over to the NYPL and pull some scrapbooks from the Theatre Collection.

I'm happy the reading went well last night, and I'm sure it will be better this evening.

For what it's worth, I like Letterman; he's always had an outrageous sense of humor and I find him very funny.

TOD: Artie's rice pudding.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 05:17:48 AM »

And the word of the day is: MORTMAIN!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND

DAW

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 05:47:24 AM »

I guess they didn't throw DR Ben from the train or lock him up.    :)       Glad he is home safely!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 05:56:17 AM »

Congrats on TFNM - With Valet Parking!

I have a cast of 19 - and will await the acceptance emails this morning.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 05:56:41 AM »

Good news about room mates from DR JOSE.....and great news from DR CILLA LIZ about her case!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 05:57:09 AM »

Off to do my Monday errands.....I know, I know....it's Tuesday.

LOL DR CASON!

Jennifer

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 06:09:36 AM »

Congrats to BK and Cason!

Congrats to DR Cillaliz for winning her case!

Congrats to DR jose for getting 2 new roomies!

Jennifer

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 06:12:28 AM »

Last night since i had nothing on tv i watched the first 3 episodes of the new show THE LISTENER.

I know DR MattH mentioned that the premiere did not get good reviews. So i went in not expecting much. I won't say it was great. But it was much much better than those reviewers suggested.

The premise is a guy who can hear what people are thinking. He is a paramedic and him and his friend drive an ambulance.  He basically can hear what people are thinking. And he sort of runs around town helping solve cases. 

It was quite interesting. And i will keep watching. Even if NBC cancels it (which i have no idea if they will since it's summer) it is a Canadian show, and i'm sure they will keep airing it here on CTV.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 06:13:13 AM »

It sounds like the audience had a good time at TFNM--and it was only a reading, at that.  Imagine how they're react when it is fully staged!

Continued vibes and xylophones to BK the cast and crew for the second reading tonight!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up