Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WACKY WEEK  (Read 16222 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE WACKY WEEK
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2009, 03:18:40 PM »

Have a good day, all.  I'll have to ketchup tomorrow. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2009, 03:31:51 PM »

DR Ann my parents have taken a bunch of cruises on Norwegan and have always loved it. Although probably each ship is different. I'd do the research based on the ship. But i'm sure you'll like it.

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2009, 03:34:07 PM »

My parents are taking a caribbean cruise in october, i assume on Norwegan.

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2009, 03:34:31 PM »

I look forward to watching eli stone. Although i have not watched last week's yet.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2009, 03:48:40 PM »

DR Ann, will DS Toby be going with you?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2009, 03:57:21 PM »

Greetings from Toyland! The AC is running and it's quite refreshing and cool. I've got some writing to do before I catch the bus uptown.

I've been sending emails to my frien  Kim Kowalke and they keep bouncing back to me; I understand that the Musicals in Mufti KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY is being recorded with 2 pianos, and I think that's terrible. Here's a chance for a real recording of the score and an orchestra should be used. The new Kurt Weill Edition to my knowledge hasn't even added KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY to its priority list of editions, I don't believe, and if they're waiting to record the completed with a band, I could be long dead: the KWE was announced arond 1993, and we've been waiting for over 12 years for the editions of LADY IN THE DARK and ONE TOUCH OF VENUS!

Isn't Maria Friedman and the London Cast a complete recording?

Yes, and the orchestra parts are the ones that have been around forever. The new KWE edition of LADY IN THE DARK has not yet been published and it was announced over 12 years ago.

http://www.kwf.org/kwf/kurt-weill/kurt-weill-edition
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:59:10 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2009, 04:01:17 PM »

Beverley just played my review of the Tonys. I'll send out the e-mail blast to those of you on the list giving you specifics.

Believe it or not, I am actually working on the next version of the CD. I'm a bit behind but I hope by mid-Summer to have it in the hands of those who want it, you know who you are :)

I do indeed!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2009, 04:11:48 PM »

It doesn't seem like the Taste of Tacoma is drawing the usual number of patrons.  There are a lot of people, but I am quite sure the crowd is much smaller.  I know a lot of people were thinking that it was scheduled for next weekend.

And on a personal note, holding the Taste on the same weekend as Seattle Gay Pride seems to have cut my viewing options.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2009, 04:15:43 PM »

Good Evening!

Just popping back in for a bit of a breather... Although, since everyone is out of the apartment tonight, I'm tempted just to have a quiet evening at home.  -Especially since I'll be spending a good chunk of tomorrow at NYC Pride.  We shall see..
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »

bk - So... Suppose you needed some work done on your house - work that required loud noises.  What time would you schedule it to take place?

*And just be thankful that whatever noises you've been dealing with have only lasted for a couple of minutes a day, and not throughout the whole day.  -I remember when they put in the new water lines up in my 'hood last year.  Those jackhammers were out in two-hour shifts.  Now that's LOUD!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2009, 04:20:56 PM »

DR Jose - I've just printed the Weather Channel 10-day forecast for NYC and it looks to me like Thursday might be the best day, weather-wise, to try for TWELFTH NIGHT.  What do you think?

DR Ginny - We seem to be in that cycle where the rain pops up in the afternoon, and then it clears right up - much like Orlando.  ;)  So...

I happened to go by the Delacorte today while I was walking through Central Park, and I overheard the staff saying that today's line was quite long, and that the chance for stand-by tickets - at least for tonight, would be slim.  I guess now that the reviews are out...

It's probably best to go ahead and try for Wednesday and/or Thursday.  But it's probably best to keep checking how the weather forecast changes over the next few days and just take it from there.  *We just had a brief soaking downpour here, and another one is due in later tonight.  Unpredictable.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »

DR TCB - how is your in-house imprisonment proceeding so far?

DAW - Actually the sightseeing is not that great today.  But Nicky is enjoying being out on the balcony.

Well, the "sightseeing" on the Great Lawn in Central Park today was quite "great". Needless to say, I took my time walking across, through and around the Great Lawn today.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2009, 04:22:25 PM »

My very own Mac genius (DS Rob) has successfully transferred my workout tape from a 1980 cassette to my iTunes library and to my iPod.

Go DS Rob!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2009, 04:26:21 PM »

DR Jose - I've just printed the Weather Channel 10-day forecast for NYC and it looks to me like Thursday might be the best day, weather-wise, to try for TWELFTH NIGHT.  What do you think?

DR Ginny - We seem to be in that cycle where the rain pops up in the afternoon, and then it clears right up - much like Orlando.  ;)  So...

I happened to go by the Delacorte today while I was walking through Central Park, and I overheard the staff saying that today's line was quite long, and that the chance for stand-by tickets - at least for tonight, would be slim.  I guess now that the reviews are out...

It's probably best to go ahead and try for Wednesday and/or Thursday.  But it's probably best to keep checking how the weather forecast changes over the next few days and just take it from there.  *We just had a brief soaking downpour here, and another one is due in later tonight.  Unpredictable.

OK, you know best, but it sounds like you're saying we should start trying on Wednesday.  Fine with us, but, remember, we have HAIR tickets for the matinee.  We could take the morning shift standing in line.  Is it to our advantage that we're working with week nights instead of weekends?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2009, 04:27:09 PM »

My very own Mac genius (DS Rob) has successfully transferred my workout tape from a 1980 cassette to my iTunes library and to my iPod.

Go DS Rob!

He did, back to Cincinnati to try to rustle up a group to go to a Greek festival...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2009, 04:39:22 PM »

Good Evening!

Just popping back in for a bit of a breather... Although, since everyone is out of the apartment tonight, I'm tempted just to have a quiet evening at home.  -Especially since I'll be spending a good chunk of tomorrow at NYC Pride.  We shall see..

;D  As if the workers give you much choice.  I have found a few who prefer to begin later in the day.  The problem is those workers also tend to stay very late.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2009, 04:45:20 PM »

OK, you know best, but it sounds like you're saying we should start trying on Wednesday.  Fine with us, but, remember, we have HAIR tickets for the matinee.  We could take the morning shift standing in line.  Is it to our advantage that we're working with week nights instead of weekends?

Gotcha. I forget, were you going to try to see another show Wednesday night?  In any case...

Why don't we do this:

-Wednesday - We all should register for the Virtual Line: me, you, DH Richard, DR elmore (Ben, DAW -?).  They "winners" are announced at 1:00, so you'd know before your matinee if you're going to see another show that night.  -And if not enough of us "win", then the tickets can just go back into the stand-by pile.

-Thursday - If we don't end up seeing the show Wednesday night - We can meet in the Park. -And, yes, weekdays are always better for seeing show in The Park since it's a "school night" - and since the show runs till 11:00.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2009, 04:45:35 PM »

Good Evening!

;D  As if the workers give you much choice.  I have found a few who prefer to begin later in the day.  The problem is those workers also tend to stay very late.

???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2009, 04:47:17 PM »

Hopefully, when we get in line next week, we won't end up here:

*And, yes, that's the Reservoir in the background.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2009, 04:55:21 PM »

And since I happened to be by the Delacorte, I went ahead and grabbed some lunch at Public Fare, the new kiosks that Danny Meyer set up there. I decided to have a very veggie lunch:

Sugar Snap Peas, Arugula & Asparagus Salad
with Pecorino, Lemon & Mint

Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2009, 04:56:52 PM »

Here in the summertime, construction begins at 5 a.m. and ends around 2 p.m. There's no other way to do it.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2009, 04:57:37 PM »

And for my entrée:

Roasted Tomato, Zucchini & Ricotta
on Toasted Sullivan Street Stecca

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2009, 04:58:06 PM »

And, yes, DR Jane, it was all quite dee-lish! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2009, 04:59:28 PM »

Here at long last :) is my Gov. Mark Sanford CAROLINA PARODY lyric on YouTube. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAFeLTchV8c 

Hope you like it!  Please pass the link around if you do.   (And all kind ratings and comments are happily accepted, too, if anyone has time to do that, please, please, please)

Any references to South Carolina as boring are meant to be in the mind of the character, not my own opinion!!!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 05:01:09 PM by FJL »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2009, 05:07:04 PM »

COPS is on.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2009, 05:07:41 PM »

I just bought the HAIR revival cast CD....on sale at AMAZON for only $9.99....for that price, I couldn't resist.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2009, 05:08:29 PM »

Hope you like it!  Please pass the link around if you do.   (And all kind ratings and comments are happily accepted, too, if anyone has time to do that, please, please, please)

Any references to South Carolina as boring are meant to be in the mind of the character, not my own opinion!!!

Considered it Twitter'd, as well as shared on the Facebook wall's of my friends in South Carolina. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2009, 05:12:55 PM »

Cute Fred, I posted a link to it on my Facebook page

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2009, 05:12:58 PM »

And while I was walking around Times Square, I saw this...

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »

DR DAW - Is there any particular day next week that you were planning on heading into The City?
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up