Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ADVENTURES  (Read 18025 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: ADVENTURES
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2009, 02:53:51 PM »

Composer and lyricist of the long musical are just leaving Park La Brea now.  Which means they won't get here until three-thirty rather than three.  Me no happy - me hungry, and me not get to eat now until five.  I shall bitch-slap these people from here to eternity and hell and back.  I'm not getting paid enough to have lateness.  In fact, I'm not getting paid at all at this point in time.  Damn them, damn them all to hell.

Michael

« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2009, 03:09:42 PM »

I saw the first three viseo this morning, but I didn't see the link to the other clips, I will go back nd take a look.
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2009, 03:13:58 PM »

Fred, in the very last line, you spelled his name incorrectly, but it's spelled correctly the other times.  Just thought you'd like to know. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2009, 03:15:37 PM »

If anyone wants to come to the reading this Saturday and you are in the area please let me know. I don't know where or time it will be at
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »

I just read some reviews of Bruno - this sounds atrocious, but then I thought Borat was atrocious.  If this is comedy, well, I'll just sit here and watch Jack Benny.

George

« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2009, 03:26:17 PM »

BK, I'm watching (and loving) the videos! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2009, 03:46:04 PM »

BK

to increase the hits for the videos, you might want to add to the tags: the name of the song, the artist & the show.

I know I have search clips by songs and shows
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2009, 03:46:41 PM »

got to start writing
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2009, 03:57:52 PM »

Jane

« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »

bk - We just had dinner with Glenn and Wendy Slater last night.  What a coincidence. 

Glenn is Alan Menken's lyricist for the beautiful "Will the sun Ever shine Again" which bk posted last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4mmZkAD1SU

This was my favorite.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2009, 03:59:28 PM »

Breaking news: Fred climbed out of the box and is exploring the room.

;D

Jane

« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2009, 04:06:58 PM »

I would like to thank everyone for their vibes and prayers for my sister. She just had a follow-up visit with the doctor, and all the tests came back cancer free.

Wonderful news!

VIBES YOUR SISTER CONTINUES TO STAY CANCER FREE!!!!

Jane

« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2009, 04:09:48 PM »

DR elmore, x-ray vibes & may you continue to have kind taxi-cab drivers!

Jane

« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2009, 04:13:48 PM »

Thank you all for your thoughts. Besides my kids, she is my only relative left.

Wow, that is a small family.  You are lucky to be close to her, many siblings barely speak.

MBarnum

« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2009, 04:28:51 PM »

I don't know from Sasha Cohen.

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2009, 04:29:02 PM »

YEAH!!!! FOR DR LAURA'S SISTER!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2009, 04:33:47 PM »

If you're in NYC you can taste ice cream from the Ice Cream Capitol of the World

Blue Bunny takes New York with ice cream
By Dave Dreeszen | Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009
LE MARS, Iowa -- Thousands of New Yorkers and tourists from around the world will cool off this week with free ice cream treats made in Northwest Iowa.

Wells' Dairy, makers of the Blue Bunny brand, will hand out 50,000 Champ cones today, Wednesday and Thursday in Times Square.

"It'll be great fun,'' Wells' Dairy spokeswoman Liz Croston said Monday. "It gives us a great opportunity to get our product in the hands of thousands of consumers.''

Times Square is one of the busiest spots in the world, with more than 356,000 pedestrians traveling through the world-famous commercial district on an average day, according to the New York City Department of Transportation.

"We're anticipating it won't take long because of the sheer number of people in Times Square this time of year,'' Croston said of the distribution.

Croston and a dozen other employees based at Wells' headquarters in Le Mars traveled to the Big Apple to help out with the giveaway. An equal number of cones will be distributed each day beginning at noon at the corner of 50th Street and Seventh Avenue.

Company reps will be stationed at two spots on the corner, beneath a large Blue Bunny billboard promoting the Champ. In addition to free cones, the company will hand out coupons for a future purchase of a Champ at a retail location.

The frozen novelty, produced at one of Wells' two ice cream plants in Le Mars, the self-proclaimed "Ice Cream Capital of the World,'' features a generous scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream packed on a sugar cone, dipped in chocolate sauce and rolled in peanuts.

The Times Square promotion is being held in conjunction with National Ice Cream Month, which began 25 years ago.

Blue Bunny's giveaway has attracted national media attention. The CBS Early Show has scheduled a live interview with Dave Smetter, the company's senior director of corporate marketing and communications, at the network's Manhattan plaza at 59th Street and Fifth Avenue.

Follow Blue Bunny

Follow Blue Bunny on Twitter and Facebook this week as the ice cream maker gives away 50,000 free Champ cones in Times Square.

As part of the New York City promotion, Blue Bunny is organzing a "Tweet up.'' Under its Twitter account -- @Blue_Bunny -- the company will send out a series of tweets containing special code phrases. Twitter fans who stop by the cone distribution site -- at the corner of 50th Street and Seventh Avenue -- and mention the phrase will win one of 25 daily prizes, such as T-shirts and stuffed bunnies, said Liz Croston, a Wells' Dairy spokeswoman.

For updates on the ice cream cone giveaway and video from the event, log on to Journal business editor Dave Dreeszen's Eye on Business blog at: www.siouxcityjournal.com/blogs/eye_on_business

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2009, 04:36:04 PM »

I love this sentence
The Times Square promotion is being held in conjunction with National Ice Cream Month, which began 25 years ago.

Now that's a long month

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2009, 05:00:10 PM »

I didn't see any of those movies, FJL -- but am I right that he duped a bunch of nice folks in that first film and made fun of them?

I think he duped a lot of folk into letting him make the movie in the first place.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2009, 05:49:35 PM »

Think I'll play with my Wii

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2009, 05:50:49 PM »

Had the work session, which went well - gave my notes, they made some changes for me, and then we went to the Studio Cafe and had FOOD.

Jennifer

« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2009, 06:25:53 PM »

Great news for your sis, DR Laura!

Jennifer

« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2009, 06:30:45 PM »

Next I watched today's THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. I had to laugh a little bit. Both Rafe and Heather were in the room with Adam. Adam and Heather shared this long, involved steamy kiss. Once she left, Rafe and Adam had a nice little gentle hug, VERY tentative. Talk about a double standard on daytime TV.

While i don't see them showing gay relationships being all steamy, in this case perhaps they are trying to suggest that adam is more passionate with heather because he is not gay.

I still haven't totally figured out if adam is repulsed by what he is doing with rafe, or if he is at all confused. And heather and adam were engaged before he went to jail. I also cannot figure out if
he still loves her or if he is totally using her. Before they made his character go downhill he definitely was in love with her. They were the big "it" couple on the show.

Laura

« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2009, 06:32:01 PM »

Thanks, everyone.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2009, 06:54:15 PM »

DR Laura, now your sister is better do you plan to have some fun time with her?  I'll be visiting my friend in Philly now she is doing much better.

Laura

« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »

She's still recovering. But we need to make sure we do that.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2009, 07:11:01 PM »

Waiting until her energy returns will be more fun.

'night

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2009, 07:24:44 PM »

I'm uploading five more, including Michelle Nicastro, Chad Kimball, Linda Purl, Andy Taylor, and Alice Ripley.

I just finished watching the Alice Ripley one.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2009, 07:25:42 PM »

I would like to thank everyone for their vibes and prayers for my sister. She just had a follow-up visit with the doctor, and all the tests came back cancer free.

How Wonderful!  Thank God.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2009, 07:34:23 PM »

Well, since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up